British University bans all offensive words and phrases

Soldato
This.

I feel like a lot of these individuals are just bitter people. They just hate everything and look for something to attack. Ever seen hot woman at these rallies? nope me neither.

The fact is that now it's infecting Hollywood, it's ruined a number of young female actresses. It's the reason we got that god-awful Ghostbusters movie last year, every major movie that isn't a superhero movie has a female lead in the last couple of years, Emma Watson has lost her marbles and now Chloë Grace Moretz has gone feminist and pulled out all of her up coming movies. She was going to be in the live action remake of The Little Mermaid but pulled out of it because it didn't fit in with her new feminist view of the world :/

Caporegime
Feminism is good for business now.

It's really hilarious that it's become nothing more than a corporate boondoggle, be feminist "to sell this lovely smelling hair product" or be feminist "to get people to use this totally woman friendly app".

Caporegime
OP
People should have a read of Christopher Lasch's The Revolt of the Elites and the Betrayal of Democracy to see what's going on in the world right now. One of the key passages is:

Today it is the elites…those who control the international flow of money and information, preside over philanthropic foundations and institutions of higher learning, manage the instruments of cultural production and thus set the terms of public debate…that have lost faith in the values…of the West.

Soldato
i went to cardiff met this doesn't surprise me at all :)

Top city though :)

The stigma that surround women in the work place works both ways.
Women are deemed too sensitive for certain roles, and it is assumed that women should be receptionists etc, i realise a mans desire to be a receptionist is not the same as the struggle women face but the fact it's all the same issue, there is a deep seeded miss-understanding of a woman's role in this country. A person is suitable for a role based on their skill set not their gender/colour/religion. Plenty of forward thinking companies in the country though, but the general public's attitude needs to change too. A friend of mine is in senior management in a large industrial bakery She is under 40 and a woman both totally unheard of in the industry that comes with many struggles as you can all imagine but that's not the worse part. When she lived in oxford other women didn't talk to her if she revealed she did "mans work" it got to the point where if she lied and said she was a nanny they would talk to her, telling her how envious they are that she found her calling.....

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato

Women are deemed too sensitive for certain roles, and it is assumed that women should be receptionists etc, i realise a mans desire to be a receptionist is not the same as the struggle women face but the fact it's all the same issue, there is a deep seeded miss-understanding of a woman's role in this country. A person is suitable for a role based on their skill set not their gender/colour/religion. Plenty of forward thinking companies in the country though, but the general public's attitude needs to change too. A friend of mine is in senior management in a large industrial bakery She is under 40 and a woman both totally unheard of in the industry that comes with many struggles as you can all imagine but that's not the worse part. When she lived in oxford other women didn't talk to her if she revealed she did "mans work" it got to the point where if she lied and said she was a nanny they would talk to her, telling her how envious they are that she found her calling.....

I see this a lot here, though how sarcastic this board can be at times it is sometimes hard to pick up the truth but so many think a woman's place is in the kitchen.

Its also strangely amusing watching some women turn on other women due to the hypocrisy or the so called cult they try to create. How dare another woman believe or choose to do what another woman may prefer.

Don
Your right, men might joke about a women's place being in the kitchen but hardly any of us actually believe that.

Women on the other hand can be downright nasty to each other if they don't fit in with their own thoughts on what women can and can't do. Just have to look at the treatment Emma Watson received the other day.

Caporegime
Feminist-friendly means two female characters talking about something other than a man. That's all it takes and yet people will still scream that it's sexist.

A staggeringly low bar to clear, and yet very few films manage it. Women don't get to do anything interesting in most films. They're anciliary.

Soldato

And to draw both your anecdote about your friend and your comment about men who want to be receptionists together neatly, it works pretty much the same way around as well. Most women aren't going to laugh at a guy for being a receptionist. Not even slightly. But many men will. Genders police themselves in many ways.

Don
A staggeringly low bar to clear, and yet very few films manage it. Women don't get to do anything interesting in most films. They're anciliary.
Would be interesting to see the box office performance of "female focussed" films.

I tend to believe the market will be delivering the kind of films people want to see and there aren't more of those sorts of films purely because there's more money to be made elsewhere.

Caporegime
Would be interesting to see the box office performance of "female focussed" films.

I tend to believe the market will be delivering the kind of films people want to see and there aren't more of those sorts of films purely because there's more money to be made elsewhere.
That is a much more interesting angle on the whole thing, though you have to wonder whether supply leads demand or vice versa, particularly when you look at the way some films are basically sent out to die with no marketing. That's a much trickier issue to look at.

Soldato
I see this a lot here, though how sarcastic this board can be at times it is sometimes hard to pick up the truth but so many think a woman's place is in the kitchen.

Its also strangely amusing watching some women turn on other women due to the hypocrisy or the so called cult they try to create. How dare another woman believe or choose to do what another woman may prefer.

Yes, and don't dare be that woman that doesn't want kids infront of other women, christ. A fertile woman who doesn't want kids is the spawn of satan to some women. "just think of all those women who want children that can't have them and you're throwing it away" Oddly enough my same friend has had that experience too...

And to draw both your anecdote about your friend and your comment about men who want to be receptionists together neatly, it works pretty much the same way around as well. Most women aren't going to laugh at a guy for being a receptionist. Not even slightly. But many men will. Genders police themselves in many ways.
Of course, I didn't want to highlight it was a struggle any less or anymore just wanted to highlight that gender inequality isn't always one gender to another. There are misconceptions about what sort of job you're supposed to do in all classes and genders.

Male nurses for example it was previously assumed you were gay if you wanted to be a nurse....

Soldato
The fact is that now it's infecting Hollywood, it's ruined a number of young female actresses. It's the reason we got that god-awful Ghostbusters movie last year, every major movie that isn't a superhero movie has a female lead in the last couple of years, Emma Watson has lost her marbles and now Chloë Grace Moretz has gone feminist and pulled out all of her up coming movies. She was going to be in the live action remake of The Little Mermaid but pulled out of it because it didn't fit in with her new feminist view of the world :/

I'm convinced it's a mental disorder. If you watch them in interviews etc these people are quite literally insane.... the left especially is being filled with these deranged individuals (I consider myself left but not left I'm seeing now...).

Soldato
I'm convinced it's a mental disorder. If you watch them in interviews etc these people are quite literally insane.... the left especially is being filled with these deranged individuals (I consider myself left but not left I'm seeing now...).
yeah same, i also dispise that the left has been lumped in with the liberals, when really the left had no choice but to vote liberal.... .

Back
Top Bottom