Broken Britain

Soldato
My parents are in Christchurch and they were wanting to move back. They struggled to sell their place in NZ so it's on hold at the moment.

I wasn't keen on the move, access to decent healthcare being the main concern for them. The quality of living is better in NZ too.

I remember us speaking about it a year or so ago. They're in West Melton iirc? I'm just outside Lincoln. Houses are still getting snapped up here very quickly. Very diserable area being 20min from Christchurch. Same with West Melton. Brits seem to congregate in these two areas.

We're potentially looking at renting out our place (or selling) so we can always come back if the move don't pan out.

Soldato
Id do anything to move from the UK to NZ

Username states otherwise? :p

You would be stunned if you knew how many Brits move back. Anecdotally I know of at least 10 different couples/families leaving here to go back. All wealthy people too. Great place to live, but, not a patch on the British countryside and London.

My folks and family in the UK is all scattered around Devon and Oxford, and the only complaints I hear about seems to be the price of electricity. They seem to be ok about everything else.

Caporegime
I remember us speaking about it a year or so ago. They're in West Melton iirc? I'm just outside Lincoln. Houses are still getting snapped up here very quickly. Very diserable area being 20min from Christchurch. Same with West Melton. Brits seem to congregate in these two areas.

We're potentially looking at renting out our place (or selling) so we can always come back if the move don't pan out.
Yeah they're in West Melton but their place is 15 acres and huge, it's a lot of work and I think that puts quite a lot of people off. West Melton has grown a lot though over recent years with some reasonable amenities going in so I'm sure they'll be able to move it on eventually.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom