• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: BROWSE THE NVIDIA RTX 4000 SERIES AT OcUK !!

Are you buying 4000 series, if so which one?

• YES: 4090 24GB

Votes: 153 19.4%
  • YES: 4080 16GB

Votes: 23 2.9%
  • YES: 4080 12GB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • NO: 3000 SERIES

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • NO: SKIPPING THIS ROUND!

Votes: 550 69.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Missed any AIO cards that were available. Should be happy I suppose, cos I would likely have shelled out for the gigabyte extreme card...that one never even showed as in stock.

Now I wait for restock and hope it is early November. Congrats to all who got their orders in.

Last edited:
Associate
I tend to have very high spec kit, upgrading to top spec every couple of years as I use my computer for work in games development and for my own gaming etc, I spend thousands, like I said, not going to bitch and whine about it too much, just going to vote with my feet and no longer buy anything from Overscalpers.co.uk

Voting with our feet is the most powerful message we can send.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't buy from OC. I've bought 2 high end gaming pc's from here over the space of 10 years, cracking pc's, my 4090 is going into the 1 i've still got.
I just noticed OC were dearer than others for 4090's, plus i didn't like the idea of over selling what they have and then going into a queue.

Associate
I've been watching the listing for the ichill frostbite - seemed 'ok ish' at 2k given the cost of a waterblock (yeah ok they're not fitting the air cooler) but looks like another 600 quid plus has been added at launch..

Have to agree, feels like scalping - i get people need to make a profit but this ain't generating positivity from me.

Associate
I've been watching the listing for the ichill frostbite - seemed 'ok ish' at 2k given the cost of a waterblock (yeah ok they're not fitting the air cooler) but looks like another 600 quid plus has been added at launch..

Have to agree, feels like scalping - i get people need to make a profit but this ain't generating positivity from me.
Funny thing is this Frostbite is probably locked to 450W and is essentially the cheapest Inno3d X3 with WB applied - so...you are better off just buying X3 at MSRP and block, which is actually very cheap by today's standard(£140 if I am not mistaken)

Last edited:
Associate
Funny thing is this Frostbite is probably locked to 450W and is essentially the cheapest Inno3d X3 with WB applied - so...you are better off just buying X3 at MSRP and block, which is actually very cheap by today's standard(£140 if I am not mistaken)

Absolutely. Alphacool make the block - and yes it's really cheap compared to what EK are up to (honestly it's madness) - and it fits every inno3d 4090 according to their fitment guide. Still, the 'basic' inno card on OC lists at 2k (up from ~1750 pre launch) on OC. Of course inno will say you've dumped warranty by fitting what they do anyway... I don't know, I've got a 3090 now and the cash to swap but I'm put off by both the insane pricing (it's not 3xxx launch ffs) and also, frankly, this whole battle the website to order something process. I'm not interested in spending my day trying to get an order through and would rather just preorder (and pay up front) and wait patiently for it to come.

OC you're not making me excited with your current process. I get that preorders are harder work for you but take the feedback nonetheless.

Associate
Absolutely. Alphacool make the block - and yes it's really cheap compared to what EK are up to (honestly it's madness) - and it fits every inno3d 4090 according to their fitment guide. Still, the 'basic' inno card on OC lists at 2k (up from ~1750 pre launch) on OC. Of course inno will say you've dumped warranty by fitting what they do anyway... I don't know, I've got a 3090 now and the cash to swap but I'm put off by both the insane pricing (it's not 3xxx launch ffs) and also, frankly, this whole battle the website to order something process. I'm not interested in spending my day trying to get an order through and would rather just preorder (and pay up front) and wait patiently for it to come.

OC you're not making me excited with your current process. I get that preorders are harder work for you but take the feedback nonetheless.
I took my chances and went for Zotac Trinity with hope that Alphacool block will fit. Zotac always used reference board for basic models so the chances are high. Plus Zotac is the only AIB remaining that officially allows adding waterblocks.

Last edited:
Associate
I took my chances and went for Zotac Trinity with hope that Alphacool block will fit. Zotac always used reference board for basic models so the chances are high. Plus Zotac is the only AIB remaining that officially allows adding waterblocks.

Really? Thanks for sharing that nugget! Have they made a statement like that? (sorry i'm gonna google it now..)

Back
Top Bottom