BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
I think it's probably the usual case of people only being likely to leave reviews when they either have a great experience or a terrible one - and you're not likely to leave a review if everything just works alright.
Indeed, but 11,000+ reviews with 77% being one star is amongst the worst I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was with PlusNet for around 4 years, my mum has been with them for around 10 years. We've both had to speak to support a few times and they've always been generally excellent. They have an odd billing system, but apart from that they're a perfectly decent ISP.

I haven't read the reviews, but more often than not people will leave a bad review due to wifi issues, Openreach related issues, or their own internal devices causing issues.

Soldato
You are wasting your time looking at mainstream review sites for something like broadband.

Most people don’t understand the product they are buying, bother to read the contract they meter into or just basic physics that are taught at school.

They’ll blame the ISP if they can’t get WiFi 3 doors down, via 2 solid stone walls after placing the router inside a cabinet because it looks ugly.

They’ll blame them for poor speeds when it’s a problem with their own equipment.

They also blame them when openreach can’t get their stuff together and fix faults quickly despite the SLA being quite long on a residential connection.

They’ll blame them when their payment bounces.

I was curious and just had a quick flick through and there was all kings of ‘you problems in there. One person complaining a debt collection agency added charges when they didn’t settle their final bill.

Another complained because they wouldn’t wave a cancellation fee when their father died when they themselves that took out the contract in their own name. While I am sympathetic to them for their situation, from the ISPs perspective, the contract isn’t with the persons father.

Another complained about failed openreach repairs, that isn’t going to be any different elsewhere.

Another complained about late payment charges applying because they cancelled their bank card and as such the payment bounced - quality review there about a ‘me problem’. How about you pay another way proactively for the service you are using instead of waiting for the ISP to contact you.

What was just off the first page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom