BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Hmm. It's definitely improved, because previously I was only getting mid to low 20s in attainable rate and line rate, now seeing real world performance in to the mid 30s in line with that line rate.

So attainable rate has shot up, but line rate looks like it's been capped to 35000/14999 - I only say that because those values are too rounded.

Will I see the attainable rate/SNR dropping as the DLM kicks in over the next couple of days then?

Soldato
Buying a new build house? Sounds like the perfect time for them to do native FTTP for every house on the estate!

I highly doubt that unfortunately :p As much as I wish it was true! Haha. The new house we are buying is <2 miles from exchange so too far as they only do FTTP to houses within the near immediate vicinity of the exchange do they not? However hopefully the house we buy should be near enough sitting on a green cab for maximum FTTC throughput speeds.. :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Once the DSLAM sees the error rate, the profile (and sync) will rise soon enough :)

Soldato
I highly doubt that unfortunately :p As much as I wish it was true! Haha. The new house we are buying is <2 miles from exchange so too far as they only do FTTP to houses within the near immediate vicinity of the exchange do they not? However hopefully the house we buy should be near enough sitting on a green cab for maximum FTTC throughput speeds.. :D

Probably best to speak to the developer.... and refuse to buy if they don't at least have plans for FTTC as minimum :p.

Sadly that no longer works for me. It does the initial test, but when I try to do the Further Diagnostics it throws a wobbler and says it can't complete.

I don't know if that's because I've changed by router out to an Asus job, or if because I've used an unlocked modem. However it seemed to stop working around that sort of time. :(

Here's the modem stats from this morning...

AFmrVbX.jpg

Associate
"Thank you for your further enquiry about fibre broadband. Unfortunately, we are experiencing engineering difficulties which have put the delivery of your cabinet into delay.
We are working hard to get round the problems but at this time, the predicted date for your cabinet to go live has moved to January '14, however we are hoping to move this date forward."

:(

The cabinet was installed 3 months ago, so don't know what the delay could be?

Soldato
Still waiting for BT to get their arses in gear and actually enable the cabinets in my town. They've been in a few months and when I emailed BT they said mid to late August is when it'd be sorted.

Soldato
I had infinity 2 installed yesterday, very happy with it, seems to be getting around 55 down and 15-20 up.

One quick question though, sorry I have googled the life out of this but it's tricky to get through 130 pages of this thread!

Regarding P2P traffic, a glasnost check yesterday showed I was being throttled which clearly I'm not supposed to be being on a totally unlimited package. That was at about 6pm, another test this morning is uncapped.

Is that likely to be a time thing? I read a bit about how there's a cap for 7 days on new lines? I'm new to BT for phone and broadband.

Any help/guidance gratefully received!

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Regarding P2P traffic, a glasnost check yesterday showed I was being throttled which clearly I'm not supposed to be being on a totally unlimited package. That was at about 6pm, another test this morning is uncapped.

Please post a screenshot of the result.

Associate
Just had my FTTC installed today and using an Asus RT-AC66U I am getting 57 mb down and 12 up. Which is 13 more down than I was estimated to get.

Soldato
Please post a screenshot of the result.

will do, I'm going to get past 4pm and try again, been hurtling along this morning.. coming from a 5mb connection it's like getting broadband all over again :)

EDIT:

here you go, when I ran it last night it was saying 9kbps so it's gone up but this morning it was managing a steady 7mb with no problem

NVISWdB.jpg

And a speedtest right now.. again this morning this was up to 50mb

2944683711.png

Last edited:
Associate
Their are two packages BT didn't switch people over when they changed to the new package. If you are on infinity 2 you will be peer blocked, if you are on Unlimited infinity 2 then it's no peer blocks. Matt100 if you just signed up then you should be on the unlimited package. Me thinks they stuck you on the wrong infinity package.

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom