BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

BT ripped me off AGAIN. I switched from business to residential. I was paying £60 a month for infinity 1 business including line rental and contract was ending so I switch to residential knowing I can get twice the speed for less money. thinking it would be £41 including line rental. First DD just came off at £61 which is even more than business.

They even owe me £70 from robbing me on the last contract but have still not credited my account. They said they will send a cheque, still have not received if.

Now I have to phone the up AGAIN and argue with their incompetent staff. I have dedicated a part of my hate solely to BT.

I am just looking forward to being able to stream media properly. Currently I cant even watch Youtube on its lowest quality setting, or watch Top Gear on BBC iPlayer without it buffering for 3 minutes per 30 seconds of playback!

Just had it installed :)
Much better then my 10mb O2!!!

3006498805.png

BT ripped me off AGAIN. I switched from business to residential. I was paying £60 a month for infinity 1 business including line rental and contract was ending so I switch to residential knowing I can get twice the speed for less money. thinking it would be £41 including line rental. First DD just came off at £61 which is even more than business.

They even owe me £70 from robbing me on the last contract but have still not credited my account. They said they will send a cheque, still have not received if.

Now I have to phone the up AGAIN and argue with their incompetent staff. I have dedicated a part of my hate solely to BT.

First direct debits are always larger in my experience, they are for the first month in advance and the days/weeks up to that first DD date too, pro rata. ie you get line installed on the 5th, first DD date is the 20th so it would include one month in advance plus the amount of the 5th to the 20th.

Question:

To all of you who are testing @ ~75Mb/s, how close are you to your fibre cabinet? I'm trying to get an estimate of how fast mine will be when it gets installed. As a reference, BT estimate me for 59.1Mb/s. According to this

VDSL2 deteriorates quickly from a theoretical maximum of 250 Mbit/s at source to 100 Mbit/s at 0.5 km (1,600 ft) and 50 Mbit/s at 1 km (3,300 ft), but degrades at a much slower rate from there, and outperforms VDSL. Starting from 1.6 km (1 mi) its performance is equal to ADSL2+.

I'm 320 metres from my fibre cabinet according to Google Maps, the phone lines tend to follow the roads and I know how my line runs - around the corner and then up the road - because it got cut not that long ago...

Anyway, on paper I'm thinking I should get the full 80Mb/s, even if my true line length is 400 metres. Interestingly, the full length of my line to the exchange - for voice & ADSL - is in fact 1KM. Could it be that BT's estimate will change once my cabinet goes active?

Many thanks. :)

Another greedy company BT not happy about making 2Billion pounds profit they are raising their prices next year! BT customers will be notified via writting if you are unhappy you have 10days to cancel your contract without penalty just seen it on this morning by Money man Martin Lewis. For those of you that wanted to cancel your contract this is your chance.

Another greedy company BT not happy about making 2Billion pounds profit they are raising their prices next year! BT customers will be notified via writting if you are unhappy you have 10days to cancel your contract without penalty just seen it on this morning by Money man Martin Lewis. For those of you that wanted to cancel your contract this is your chance.

I will be gone, thank you BT for my exit away from you.

I reckon at Plusnet/Sky I'll get it cheaper but I can't really fault BT with the time i've been with them; it's actually been very good. Chances of them offering me something if I do phone up to leave once I get my letter (cheaper) are slim I guess as I am still under contract until Feb?

Back
Top Bottom