BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Mine now says March next year even though it should have been up weeks ago if a car wasn't parked right in front of the cab. They rescheduled for the 8th October but i'm not holding my breath as that car seems to be parked there every day, up on the pavement inches from the cab.

Get some red cones and cordon it off

isn't it just the best? I've had mine a month now and the only thought I've had about it is wow and lol.. whereas before on my old 5mb connection I was constantly having to consider what other people/machines on the network were doing.

Getting mine tomorrow.
Anything I need to remember to ask the engineer about?
What's the first thing I should do to ensure max speed?

Also, can you change the DNS to Google DNS like I have with O2? If so, how?

Last year I got a d/l speed of 74mbps.
Currently it is 59, I cannot get India to set the server to retrain mode because the speed falls in the ok range.

"But it was loads faster!!!"
"Sorry sir........."

Plusnet here I come :D

Don't ever unplug it. Turning off either the modem or your router (to neaten cables etc) will count as a loss of sync, and the DLM will kick in thinking that your line is dodgy and needs to be slowed down to ensure stability.

Oh :(
I planned to put up a small shelf near the phone socket for the modem & router to sit on. This would mean unplugging it.

Prices are going up; Landline and broadband.

Best way to check how it will effect you is to do this

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html

Type in your account number and home phone number and make sure you also add 15.99 (new price; was 15.45) for line rental.

in total mine has increased near £3 a month when the increases take place which is making me look at Plusnet and other options.

Last edited:
It wont care over one loss of sync, besides, after x amount of hours of stability the line would get ramped back up anyway?

My line has dropped from 38Mbit down to 28Mbit because of some connection instability over the last 2 days..:mad:

It's not the first time either, stupid DLM will drop the speed quick as anything but can take up to 3wks to raise the line speed back to 38Mbit.

Back
Top Bottom