BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Hi,

Just checked mine and getting my usual download speeds. That forum post from a mod seems to suggest it is an external BT problem however.

Very strange.

Noticed tonight most speedtest.net tests are really slow. BT tester still shows I'm on a full 80mb line. Strange indeed. Other downloads in full flow so not worried

Last edited:
Definitely something up tonight, the only thing i can get to max my connection is SSL newsgroups and almost steam although steam hovered around 5mb/sec

Any web downloads (ubuntu iso) are 400kb/s! Torrents 2mb/sec

Edit: All back to normal this morning

Last edited:
New cabinet has been installed next to my old one. Hopefully means FTTC will be available soon :)

Whats the usual turn around time from the cabinet appearing, to it being up and running?

New cabinet has been installed next to my old one. Hopefully means FTTC will be available soon :)

Whats the usual turn around time from the cabinet appearing, to it being up and running?

There isn't a "usual" though probably on average around 2 months - our cabinet was done in August last year but due to the olympics and weather at the time activation was delayed until November as the exchange wasn't ready - my cousin who lives in the same town on a different cabinet had their cab done in March but was still waiting until the same time as us November for FTTC to go live.

If you look on something like http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search there might be more information but often they are holding dates i.e. if it says 31st December 2013 it doesn't mean it won't be activated before then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom