BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
Got my email over the weekend from BT, so called them up this morning.

Got Unlimited Infinity 2 for £1.50 more a month than what I would be paying for Infinity 1 post April 1st.

Not a brilliant deal, but not bad either as my line should go up by ~20Mb.

Associate
Sky are doing a good deal for existing TV customers atm. £10 activation and £30pm for unlimited (40/10) inc line rental. £35 for Max (80/20) should you be so inclined.

Am I right in thinking this recontracts the TV Services? I was offered this on Live chat but was told it would recontract my TV services. They also offered Line rental at 9.99 for 10 months on a 12 month deal. Not sure if I could push for better perhaps?

I'm on Infinity 2 at the moment, shame Sky doesn't offer 52mbps packages.

Associate
Got my email over the weekend from BT, so called them up this morning.

Got Unlimited Infinity 2 for £1.50 more a month than what I would be paying for Infinity 1 post April 1st.

Not a brilliant deal, but not bad either as my line should go up by ~20Mb.

Just received the same deal after calling them today. It's not too bad really and look at it this way, when they announce next year's increase, you can call again.

Associate
Just received the same deal after calling them today. It's not too bad really and look at it this way, when they announce next year's increase, you can call again.

Yeah, im happy enough for another year.
The only issue i have is if i migrate away from BT, then i'll loose BT Sport, as I dont have SKY or BT TV and the online option is only available to BT subscribers. They know what they're doing...

Soldato
Just got my BT bill and having a look at the prices online and noticed a link to see my offers. Clicked on it and they are offering me BT Infinity 2 for £48.99 for 2 years contract. £5 cheaper than with the price rise and also a bit cheaper than what I am paying now. So fine by me.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Our status has moved to the Activate stage now so not much longer to wait now :)
Am an existing BT ADSL customer, guessing that means I can't sign up to any of the 'new customer' Infinity deals? Might seem obvious but just wondered as I'm not an Infinity customer (wishful thinking).

Soldato
Thats nothing to celebrate about ;) really you should be paid to have it.
Can't fault mine to date the wifi range and speed is a massive improvement over anything else I've had and it was free. Plus if you really hate it that much they sell on eBay for £40 so treat it as cashback and by are paying you to have it! No other free isp router comes close to the spec as far as I can see!

Soldato
Can't fault mine to date the wifi range and speed is a massive improvement over anything else I've had and it was free. Plus if you really hate it that much they sell on eBay for £40 so treat it as cashback and by are paying you to have it! No other free isp router comes close to the spec as far as I can see!

Its good if you get a good one. Many havent. Thats why BT were shipping out HH5's to existing customers who had HH6 Wifi Problems and from what I've read they still are. What firmware is yours on ? Took me over 6 months to get my HH6 working properly with Wifi (firmware update). Its not that I hate it, when it works its brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom