BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I have a FTTP line so should be safe on that aspect :)

Ahhh, that's so cool :). My brothers place has FTTP too (but they've moved abroad whilst working). I think they also have Hyperoptic too (but never got it; yet). Mines only FTTC though. :(

Anyway, the warning is just for those on the FTTC lines. Just a little something for others thinking of using the method you described to be careful on is all. Yep, it gets better deals. But if you lose spot on FTTC, expect ADSL for underterminded amount of time. And that might not be worth the hassle for only the amount you are trying to save. Although if you have backup options (Virgin, Hyperoptic, FTTP, etc) not an issue.

Associate
We have lived in this house the past 5 years there are BT Sockets in the wall down stairs 2 of them so im assuming there has been a Line before?

As MissChief said, you have a line going in to your place already then. And BT are currently offering a reduced price activation charge as well. So really the activation charge should be the only thing you are paying really. Can you call in and double check what the charges are and for what? Make a note of things down.

Associate
It looks like a line is going between the two boxes. Is that the case? Why would the second box be needed that close it it and connected to the first (one on the left)? Was it used as a ADSL line split instead of a filter?

The engineer that arrives might need to ditch the one on the right, but they will definitely remove the one on the left and replace it with at least a MK3 box I'd imagine.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
All sorted Getting Origin Max Fibre Faster speeds than BT with saving 10 pounds as Router is getting Delivered for Free plus 2 pounds cheaper a Month and there Installing a new Line for 25 Pounds result :)

Origin doesn't have a good reputation. People have complained about congestion in the past.

Associate
so I've gone from not being commercially viable for FTTC, and checker now says " in scope " for FTTP

Openreach have been working on manholes on our estate today, going round the roads installing some cables, I asked them and they said they need to have it all finished before 2017, so exciting times

Caporegime
so I've gone from not being commercially viable for FTTC, and checker now says " in scope " for FTTP

Openreach have been working on manholes on our estate today, going round the roads installing some cables, I asked them and they said they need to have it all finished before 2017, so exciting times

They invented time travel?

Soldato
I ordered a new Plusnet connection today, originally selected 17th October, they've already pushed me to 24th October for activation. What are they doing for over a whole month?!

I will admit this is for a new build, but all of the infrastructure is there.

Caporegime
I ordered a new Plusnet connection today, originally selected 17th October, they've already pushed me to 24th October for activation. What are they doing for over a whole month?!

I will admit this is for a new build, but all of the infrastructure is there.
Because they're Openreach and they can and there's nothing PlusNet or anyone else can do about it. Blame engineer shortage, poor planning, no infrastructure or any other of half a dozen things. Seen it happening more and more recently. Two weeks I bad enough but some customers are waiting 4 or 5 weeks.

If the cabinet was full the order would fail.

Back
Top Bottom