BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I thought that but that box in your picture is as wide as a telegraph pole. The one in my pictures is more narrow but it maybe.
There is new tarmac going from the pole to the box.

There's something that looks very similar to that near me and when it was being installed I'm sure the signs said it was something to do with gas.
Oh so it maybe nothing to do with BT then. Strange.

Caporegime
Has anybody else had their FTTC sync rate slowly creep up over the past few months? I'm now at above 70 which is higher than it's been since the original installation.

I'm aware crosstalk as the cabinet fills up can cause rates to drop, but this isn't that.

Man of Honour
Could simply be someone(s) have cancelled their internet connection (say moved out) that was impacting your connection and also BT have been pushing some profile changes and stuff like G.INP trials and G.Fast out some some exchanges, etc. which might be making a difference.

APM

APM

Associate
Could it be something for a fibre splitter to go into? something like

ok3g9f.jpg
[/IMG]
ok3g9f.jpg

is this G-Fast kit?

Caporegime
Has your Line Noise (SNR) been reducing itself from 6db+ down slowly towards 3db? That's likely the cause for improvements these days.

Yeah sounds like xdB is working, do you know if you are on a Huawei cab?

Yes, but that was six+ months ago that the 3dB SnR target happened. It's been creeping up since then - the SnR target reduction got me above a 65Mbps sync and now I'm above 70. Just seems counter to what I've seen elsewhere when cabinet take-up starts to result in crosstalk. Unfortunately there's not much logging on the BT Hubs so I can't tell what combination of INP and vectoring is in use. The cabinet isn't G.fast enabled but the Hub is.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Any FTTP going in? Our area is getting blanket FTTP which has started to go live in some of my cabinet area now. I think i am noticing people coming off the cabinet in terms of gaining sync very slowly. I have to put it down to this anyway, as it has been stable for a couple of years now. I cant think of another explanatio

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

All the BT/OpenReach manholes near my house are being replaced. I've only noticed because first they had a big X spray-painted on them, and then I'd come back from work and they'd all be new, freshly concreted around. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with the previous ones, so could this be a sign that G.Fast is coming to me? They did the one right in front of my house yesterday (the workers were gone by the time I got home), and the one in front of the cabinet was done last week.

Has anyone else had this and knows what's going on?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yes, but that was six+ months ago that the 3dB SnR target happened. It's been creeping up since then - the SnR target reduction got me above a 65Mbps sync and now I'm above 70. Just seems counter to what I've seen elsewhere when cabinet take-up starts to result in crosstalk. Unfortunately there's not much logging on the BT Hubs so I can't tell what combination of INP and vectoring is in use. The cabinet isn't G.fast enabled but the Hub is.
It could be G.INP, or maybe just that you're lucky and a crosstalker has moved or maybe a piece of equipment that was causing REIN has been moved/replaced/died etc.

This is why I like to use DSL Stats, I can see all the juicy info about the line. :)

All the BT/OpenReach manholes near my house are being replaced. I've only noticed because first they had a big X spray-painted on them, and then I'd come back from work and they'd all be new, freshly concreted around. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with the previous ones, so could this be a sign that G.Fast is coming to me? They did the one right in front of my house yesterday (the workers were gone by the time I got home), and the one in front of the cabinet was done last week.

Has anyone else had this and knows what's going on?
G.Fast are 'pods' that attach to the sides of the PCP's not underground, as far as I know.

Like this: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...s-g-fast-broadband-cabinet-extension-pod.html

Speaking of which, I've just moved (not far, still in the same town which is a trial area) and my new cab is accepting G.Fast orders. :D

0Qb7q8o.png

j9lw52g.png

Associate
Look at changing to BT infinity. What is everyone's experiences of BT infinity though? Quite interested about evenings having experienced BT ADSL Max broadband going down the pan in the evenings many a time too as well as barely syncing at 2/3Mbit and dropping regularly (whole area problem...).

Cheers :)
Michelle

Last edited:
Associate
Look at changing to BT infinity. What is everyone's experiences of BT infinity though? Quite interested about evenings having experienced BT ADSL Max broadband going down the pan in the evenings many a time too as well as barely syncing at 2/3Mbit and dropping regularly (whole area problem...).

Cheers :)
Michelle
BT routers are locked, there bt infinity VDSLor ADSL line for broadband is fine but you need to use a third party router not theres after its all set up using there router to start with. I use like most people a TP-LINK N300 which is VDSL/ADSL compatable and works great with no problems like slow downs or intermit conections ect. if I use BT router being a HUB 6 smart my line is restricted as far as usage causeing lag spikes and dc ect playing online games . I also got a better speed and ping from using the tp-link

Soldato
I know somebody about to move but the cabinet is at capacity for FTTC, is there still an openreach enquiries email address where you can find out if capacity is being added otherwise its just a case of waiting for somebody to disconnect.

Back
Top Bottom