Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Soldato
Looked and played better? They're basically identical!

I know and i have always said they look the same but i don't know what it is, there something different. It may just be the xbox version is smashing you in the face with bloom the whole time that does my head in.

Preferred playing it on the PS3.

When i'm home tonight i'll give it another go, halfway to A license.

Josh

Soldato
I know and i have always said they look the same but i don't know what it is, there something different. It may just be the xbox version is smashing you in the face with bloom the whole time that does my head in.

Preferred playing it on the PS3.

When i'm home tonight i'll give it another go, halfway to A license.

Josh

Damn that was fast going, you've hammered it!

Soldato
Got this this morning what fun lol been playing for nearly an hour and only done one race. Found a place called paradise fields, it looks a bit like a construction site type thing with ramps, hoops, etc. Loads of places to do jumps, barrel rolls, there's even a hoop suspended near a ramp, i guess with a faster car (only got the standard one) you could jump through it. Anyway for those who want to know where it is its down from ross drive in silver lake, think you turn off right on nelsons drive there is a sign with Paradise fields with some bollards infront just got through there. Would be an excellent place for some online stunt fun! :D

Haven't been there yet, I'll go check it out :D

Soldato
Decided to get this even though was not all that impressed with the demo, new game syndrome, will probably trade it next week unless I am suprised :)

V1N

V1N

Associate
Ah, and I was just about to post that I got my code too

It says about the 360 version needing to be logged into live first, so I guess they are individual codes, so best not passing them around?

Then again, maybe that only applies to the XBOX version?

I'll try it out later, and ask a mate if their code is the same as mine.

The fact that it was an HTML email and the code was an image downloaded from their site, as opposed to just being text, would suggest to me that we have all got different codes, and once entered, the code is registered with your account online, so no sharing :(

V1N

V1N

Associate
Not sure if this has been posted already but here's some comparisons of it running on 360 and PS3 via different connections.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29926.html

I never realised that the difference between component and HDMI was so promounced on PS3!!!

thanks for that.

I just watched it out of interest.
Well, kind of hard to watch, made my eyes go funny.

From what I could make out though, there's no real difference between console versions, certainly from that video, both seemed to have the same performance :)

Seems the connection method to your TV makes a lot more difference than which console you want to play it on. I've only ever seen PS3s connected up via HDMI. I was quite surprised at the different colour levels though between component and HDMI, on the 360 also (between VGA and component)

Hmmm, would be kind of interesting, in a geeky kind of way, to see the difference on XBOX360, between component/VGA, and HDMI too.

V1N.

Soldato
I just got back from a meeting at EA in Guildford and in the lobby they had loads of 360's and PS3's set up with this. I got a quick go on it and within 2 minutes was convinced so will be picking it up this weekend :)

Soldato
I take it the code is for pre-orders only? I got mine from a friend who works at that store but it wasn't pre-ordered, he just gets them for me and I get staff discount.

Back
Top Bottom