Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Caporegime
Does this game really just feature the one city? (the one in the demo)

Yes, but it is Hugggggggggggggggggggggeeeee, the demo was a tiny, tiny section. (In the demo you could see an outline of the rest of the city on the map.).

The hugggggggggggggggggggggggggeness can be annoying though, I guess it will be like you GTAs in that after a few hours you don't need the map anymore etc.

rp2000

Soldato
What's the Live feature like ?

Is it easy to race people in your friends list ? and what happens after the race ?

In revenge you had 3(?) races and returned to the lobby.

~J~

~J~

Soldato

Is it easy to race people in your friends list ? and what happens after the race ?

Just several clicks to the right on the d-pad and you can invite friends, or you can create a liveroam, all friends join and the host can set races and/or challenges for others to do.

Dead easy.

Soldato
Just several clicks to the right on the d-pad and you can invite friends, or you can create a liveroam, all friends join and the host can set races and/or challenges for others to do.

Dead easy.

Do you remain in a lobby?

As long as it's easy to play with mates like we did on revenge that's cool. I just pictured it having to invite after a race over and over, or something.

Caporegime

It doesn't use Live at all for joining races etc (I am assuming basing on the 360 demo, I have the ps3 versions). All online shizzle is done with the dpad, which has direct access to you friends list and shows who is online, and all invites etc are done from there.

tbh I liked the Live way inviting etc, but this is a refreshing change. 3 taps of the dpad you can invite someone to an online race whilst still speeding along at super speeds (Well, I crashed whilst busy trying to invite someone, but you get the idea :D ).

rp2000

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Do you remain in a lobby?

As long as it's easy to play with mates like we did on revenge that's cool. I just pictured it having to invite after a race over and over, or something.

Dead easy, try and imagine this.

You wanna host a game: Right on the d-pad, then down twice to select "Create"

That's it.

Now if you want to invite me, you'd Right on the d-pad again, then down to my name, press right again and it sends me an invite.

So far so good. You can do this with all your friends, and we come and join you. NO loading, where ever you are, you remain there. Where ever I am, I remain there, it's just that our positions are placed on one map.

From then on we can do challenges, like speed tests, drifting, jumps etc.

BUT, YOU can create a match, again, right on the d-pad, down to create match and then you set the options. What car class, then a start on the map, then a finish, if you want any waypoints (all really easy to use) and then you select done.

Now at any point you want us to have this race (like on Burnout Revenge), again you press the d-pad, down to "Start Match" and then we all go and pick our cars, colours and then have a race.

Really is a piece of cake mate.

Soldato
Wow, this is FUN! :D

Just had an OMG moment, racing hard, just wrecked, burning with full boost down a tunnel, what should come on but "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne! lol, was NOT expecting that song in the game! hehe :p

Soldato
Dead easy, try and imagine this.

You wanna host a game: Right on the d-pad, then down twice to select "Create"

That's it.

Now if you want to invite me, you'd Right on the d-pad again, then down to my name, press right again and it sends me an invite.

So far so good. You can do this with all your friends, and we come and join you. NO loading, where ever you are, you remain there. Where ever I am, I remain there, it's just that our positions are placed on one map.

From then on we can do challenges, like speed tests, drifting, jumps etc.

BUT, YOU can create a match, again, right on the d-pad, down to create match and then you set the options. What car class, then a start on the map, then a finish, if you want any waypoints (all really easy to use) and then you select done.

Now at any point you want us to have this race (like on Burnout Revenge), again you press the d-pad, down to "Start Match" and then we all go and pick our cars, colours and then have a race.

Really is a piece of cake mate.

Cheers for spending the time writing that up mate, great help! :)
Think i'll be getting this after all :) once i'm paid.

What's the map like compared to the demo area?

~J~

~J~

Soldato
any one want to have a burn ? want to see what online abilities this presents ?

Yeah, gimme 15mins ok? Got no mic though, but can host if you want and do some races/challenges with others.

What's the map like compared to the demo area?

You can't really compare it to be honest. It's only the full game that has shown the sheer size. Granted it's not as big as TDU, but you've got all the shortcuts AND what I learnt the hardway was that the motorway have upper and lower levels, so nubbins here was racing to the finish line but on the wrong level!

First few days/week is gonna be mayhem because you are gonna need to learn the map to become any good with this, especially if you go UP a sliproad and end up on the motorway and realise all the other racers went under the motorway and up the other sliproad! It's gonna take a while to master.

Found another problem too with the online. IF you go for a slash you tend to have had umpteen takedowns as you don't seem to go into statis - just hang there! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't have you down as an achievement junkie? I like Unlocks in games now, but achievements do nothing for me tbh.

rp2000

I'm not really, it was a game im not really fussed about and achievements were a plus because of this.

Still don't see what the fuss is about personally. Just seems very generic.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom