Burnout Paradise Official Thread

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Whats it like online?

Might get it :D

Well I've only had that much fun before and laughing so much with one other game - Burnout! So it's kept it's magic for sure.

Challenges are VERY good, we spent a good 30mins try to go up a collapsed hanger, and barrel roll through a concrete tube (which is part of one of the challenges) and had a right laugh with that.

Just utterly brilliant!

Soldato
I've got stomach cramp from laughing, Sean Connery FTMFW! :D

Prob eb around next on Monday night as i'll be over the GF's all week!

Absolutely amazing fun! loved it!!

Goodnight young shirs! :D:D

~J~

~J~

Soldato
LOL! HE was a star. Who were they? From what I could make out one was your mate and the other 47's.

Either way just top stuff, at the end it felt like you lot were the paparatzi after me!

Soldato
LOL! HE was a star. Who were they? From what I could make out one was your mate and the other 47's.

Either way just top stuff, at the end it felt like you lot were the paparatzi after me!

Do you not play earlier in the evening? Us old folk need to get to bed early! :p

Had visitors again last night so I didn't get to play at all, again :(

Soldato
Some more codes for you (haven't tried these myself yet and you must have Class A License):

BESTBUY Unlocks Best Buy skinned car
CIRCUITCITY Unlocks Circuit City skinned car
GAMESTOP Unlocks Gamestop skinned car
WALMART Unlocks Wal-mart skinned car

Steel Wheels Car - Q83E 3H1S BI3B 40P4

I posted those car codes at the beginning of the thread, apparently they don't work on the UK version.

I tried them and they didn't work but I didn't have a class A license so I don't know if you have to wait until you get that before you can enter the code and then they just appear when you reach A class.

Or you can't even enter the code till you're A class.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems ok, probably get boring in a few more hours, showtime is a waste of time and energy to put in the game, also it really bugs me that they could not model a driver in the car, just looks ridiculous a car driving around by itself, other than that very impressive looking game. No slowdown at all and no pop-up either.

There's no way this game would have got released had drivers been in the cars. The last thing the regulators would have wanted out there being played by kids is a game which lets you wreck cars to see the mangled bodies inside!!!

Soldato
this game is fantastic. I was playing again with the_dead_parrot last night, (us Sky Blue fans have to stick together ;)) and we had a right laugh on the challenge mode - this is seriousley the most fun I have had in a game in years. I definately need to get my bluetooth headset setup though as trying to co-ordinate some of the challenges where you have to crash into each other etc can be tricky without it. after loads of attempts I managed to finally jump through the red concrete hoop at the airort hanger thingies but I think the parrot got a bit peeed off with it just before and cancelled the challenge just before I did it :(

Associate
I definately need to get my bluetooth headset setup though as trying to co-ordinate some of the challenges where you have to crash into each other etc can be tricky without it. after loads of attempts I managed to finally jump through the red concrete hoop at the airort hanger thingies but I think the parrot got a bit peeed off with it just before and cancelled the challenge just before I did it :(

You are kidding me! I tried and tried but couldnt do it, the only method of communication was trying to write messages on the road with burnt rubber... which obviously didnt work very well :D Is such good fun online though, hopefully we can have a few more games at some point (and celebrate coventrys victory). Im going to buy another headset today, if I can tear myself away from the game

V1N

V1N

Associate
Some more codes for you (haven't tried these myself yet and you must have Class A License):

BESTBUY Unlocks Best Buy skinned car
CIRCUITCITY Unlocks Circuit City skinned car
GAMESTOP Unlocks Gamestop skinned car
WALMART Unlocks Wal-mart skinned car

Steel Wheels Car - Q83E 3H1S BI3B 40P4

That Steel Wheels Car code is totally different from mine.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I've read elsewhere that the "WALMART", "GAMESTOP" etc codes unlock NTSC versions not the PAL, might be wrong though.

My wife has ordered me out of the house this afternoon for something called "doing the bloody shopping" so won't be on till about 18:00 :(

Must get some more challenges done if anyone's online later tonight!

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Ah, is that the reward for being the Paradise gamer with the most logged hours? :D

V1N.

LOL! This is true. In fairness, she's actually good about it. We don't watch the TV much and she just likes to relax with a book where I relax with a game, but we do spend time together I promise - she's not a Burnout Widow yet :p

Soldato
I've read elsewhere that the "WALMART", "GAMESTOP" etc codes unlock NTSC versions not the PAL, might be wrong though.

My wife has ordered me out of the house this afternoon for something called "doing the bloody shopping" so won't be on till about 18:00 :(

Must get some more challenges done if anyone's online later tonight!

Haha

I'll be on for a few hours this afternoon but I'm off out tonight for the wife's birthday so I doubt I'll be in any state to play when I get home :p

Back
Top Bottom