Burnout Paradise Official Thread

~J~

~J~

Soldato
~J~ I see you have the Millionaires Club achievement, may I ask where you did that? And do you have any tips for nailing it myself.

I tend to get over a million in most of the Stunts to be honest :D

Couple of tips though, they work almost constantly for me, but of course everyone's different.

I can't remember the name of the car I use, but it's a stunt car, quite small and has quite flatish features. It's the only car I've found which nearly always gets a barrel roll rather than landing on it's roof.

As for getting the points themselves, multipliers are obviously the key, but you need to find them.

There are a couple of areas which are rich in multipliers: The quary, Airport, the straight road between the naval base and the lodge (the bridge with the jumps).

If you're nowhere near these areas, then take your time to get there, a quick stab on the boost will reset the counter at the top and give you about 5-6 seconds of driving time while still topping up your boost and thus retaining any score you have.

The bridge between the lodge and the naval base as an example, hit that first jump on the bridge on full speed and do a flat spin and you'll generally get a 4x multiplier (super jump, long air, flat spin, billboard), and there's 2 of these jumps on the bridge so that's 8x multiplier within 10-15 seconds.

Another good place is the long north to south road on the far west of the map near the stadium. There's plenty of jumps and billboards there to get a 3x multiplier (air, billboard and flat spin) and halfway up there's a long wide road with a super jump onto the railway track with again about 2 billboards to get, so if you hit them in a flat-spin you'll double the score.

But the key is probably the cruising around and just stabbing the boost to reset the timer and look for an area you're 100% confident in doing. Remember, you can still have "final run" for literally minutes on end providing the final timer (the red disc in the top centre of the hud) doesn't count down thus racking up a massive score.

*edit*

The stunts around the lake - ALWAYS head towards the airport as you can generally guarantee some enourmous multipliers - think I had a score of 26,000 with a 19x multiplier just by doing about 6 barrel rolls, 4 super jumps, 6 or 7 flat spins, long airs, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I tend to get over a million in most of the Stunts to be honest :D

Couple of tips though, they work almost constantly for me, but of course everyone's different.

I can't remember the name of the car I use, but it's a stunt car, quite small and has quite flatish features. It's the only car I've found which nearly always gets a barrel roll rather than landing on it's roof.

As for getting the points themselves, multipliers are obviously the key, but you need to find them.

There are a couple of areas which are rich in multipliers: The quary, Airport, the straight road between the naval base and the lodge (the bridge with the jumps).

If you're nowhere near these areas, then take your time to get there, a quick stab on the boost will reset the counter at the top and give you about 5-6 seconds of driving time while still topping up your boost and thus retaining any score you have.

The bridge between the lodge and the naval base as an example, hit that first jump on the bridge on full speed and do a flat spin and you'll generally get a 4x multiplier (super jump, long air, flat spin, billboard), and there's 2 of these jumps on the bridge so that's 8x multiplier within 10-15 seconds.

Another good place is the long north to south road on the far west of the map near the stadium. There's plenty of jumps and billboards there to get a 3x multiplier (air, billboard and flat spin) and halfway up there's a long wide road with a super jump onto the railway track with again about 2 billboards to get, so if you hit them in a flat-spin you'll double the score.

But the key is probably the cruising around and just stabbing the boost to reset the timer and look for an area you're 100% confident in doing. Remember, you can still have "final run" for literally minutes on end providing the final timer (the red disc in the top centre of the hud) doesn't count down thus racking up a massive score.

*edit*

The stunts around the lake - ALWAYS head towards the airport as you can generally guarantee some enourmous multipliers - think I had a score of 26,000 with a 19x multiplier just by doing about 6 barrel rolls, 4 super jumps, 6 or 7 flat spins, long airs, etc, etc.

Very useful post.

Does anyone know if the 60 "Paradise Awards" in the PS3 version is the same on the 360 version? (I look at the achievements for 360 on a web site and it lists 50 achievements that sound like the Awards in the ps3 version.

(on ps3 version on the license screen you press Square to display which iof the 60 awards you get).

rp2000

Caporegime
Does anyone know if the Sponsor codes on the 360 can be re-used. If so, does anyone know where I might find some?

Thanks

Hi,

The PS3 "Steel Wheels" code that the_dead_parrot posted has been used by me on ps3 (and otehrs)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10996584&postcount=549
and then RuMp3l4$k1n (who has 360 version) posted to say it works for him too
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10996621&postcount=550

So worth trying that (I think a few of us have re-used it).

AFAIK there is only 1 bonus (Steel Wheels) available to UK owners of the game (whereas USA version has some sponsored best buy etc car codes as well).

note: I think the car will unlock, but only appear in the Junkyard once you are on the Burnout License.

rp2000

Associate
does anyone not like this game ? I wasn't overly impressed with the demo, but I'm seriously deliberating over going out and buying this game today (for ps3) and giving it a full and proper chance. I kinda just drove around aimlessly with the demo version without doing any of the challenges/different game modes....

Soldato
The demo only had what 3 events? full version has one at almost every junction plus times for every road and a showtime score for every road as well. You wont be aimless with this as there is so much to do in the full game.

Your tips worked a treat ~J~ I got 819,000 on my first run of the day. Now to hit that 1 mill :D

Last edited:
Soldato
easy way to hit the 1 mil and also get the boosting around the world achievement.

go to the baseball stadium, in the Kitano Hydros Custom, start the stunt run near the stadium, and then just do drift burnouts around the centre of the pitch. Took me about 43xdrift burnouts and its easy as pie to do.

just hurts your hands thats all.

Soldato
I just got 1.5 million on a stunt run after trying for about 45 minutes.

I was doing the stunt event at the end of the bridge witht he 3 jumps on. I knew what route I was going to take but I kept messing it up.

In the end I went down the bridge as J mentioned, then headed back up and boosted up and around the roads to do a double barrel roll in the quarry, then I drove back to the top of the quarry and did a double barrel roll off that cliff. For good measure I went back to the quarry for a few more jumps :)

Soldato
Handbrake into a gap between 2 cars, do it at the dam where the cars are parked against the wall.

Hah sneaky sneaky.

I got my 100% power park and I wasn't even trying :p Got a challenge in a multiplayer game of do a power park, fair enough, that's easy. Did one and it was 100%!

I'd been trying earlier in the day and couldn't manage it, was always 99%

Back
Top Bottom