Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Soldato
Deary me, EA moved Criterion and all staff to their own base, EA pay their wages, EA owns them, EA tells them what to make, EA tells them what game they want and the direction it will go in, EA employees made the game, if you really can't accept that then sorry.

i bang my head against a brick wall - you have missed the whole point of my orginal reply. Does the game have "Its in the game" or "Big" or "challenge Everything" at startup - simply put no - these are EA'a own studio's games - games made by EA - what 99.9% of people would say are EA branded games.

Soldato
i bang my head against a brick wall - you have missed the whole point of my orginal reply. Does the game have "Its in the game" or "Big" or "challenge Everything" at startup - simply put no - these are EA'a own studio's games - games made by EA - what 99.9% of people would say are EA branded games.

Is it knocking any sense into you?

Your original quote

Also EA didn't make this game, they published it.

I fail to see what is to miss? the game is 100% made by EA, there is no way to debate that or change that fact, Criterion are owned by EA they are EA employees, they only keep their group name as its well known (much like the groups owned by Sega as I mentioned, or Nintendo, they are not independant). I do not really care about 99.9% of people, I deal with the facts and that is EA made this game like it or not, don't see why you have made such a montain out of it though, you were wrong, it happens even to the best of us.

Last edited:
Associate
you were wrong, it happens even to the best of us.

LOL i think you missed his point, i agree with manicman, not that it makes any differance arguing about it, the staff who DEVELOPED the game may belong to EA but they still retain their idividual identity so it is wrong to say the game was developed by EA when it is clearly labled who the development team are, check the credits mate.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
What kind of car should I use to get the billboards you need to jump from the top of a parking downtown?

I tried some with a Rossolini GT I got with my A license but grip is an issue.

Jansen are probably the better stunt cars (that's the one I use for the Stunts I mentioned in my post earlier - Jansen P12) and should get you to most places where there are billboards.

If you're going for one from a car park roof though, probably better with a racing car as you get that bit extra boost/speed.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
BTW: I shall be crowned "Elite" this morning and will be holding a party in Swansea for my friends with large breasted ladies and lots of champagne.

After some serious binge drinking this afternoon I shall retire to the "Elite Members" quarters for a press conference and interview.

This evening however I have reserved some of my time for competitive racing and challenges with co-users of this forum.

I would also like to apologise to a few members who had their crown removed last night after I 'whipped some butt' on their times in various streets around Paradise City. Next time, please make it a bit more challenging.

Soldato
BTW: I shall be crowned "Elite" this morning and will be holding a party in Swansea for my friends with large breasted ladies and lots of champagne.

After some serious binge drinking this afternoon I shall retire to the "Elite Members" quarters for a press conference and interview.

This evening however I have reserved some of my time for competitive racing and challenges with co-users of this forum.

I would also like to apologise to a few members who had their crown removed last night after I 'whipped some butt' on their times in various streets around Paradise City. Next time, please make it a bit more challenging.

Gratz.

I got my A lisence yesterday. I hate it when something takes a certain number of wins, say 25 wins to get A. You know that as soon as you get it you will have to do them ALL OVER AGAIN.....AND MORE!!!

40 wins until Elite now. Not sure I can be bothered.

Well, I can actually. But it is still annoying. Worst thing about the game imo.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I must admit I was kinda shocked when I saw the "119" wins needed for Elite then realise that was EVERY event I'd have to do. Taken a good few solid hours to go through them and to be honest the hardest ones have been the Road Rage events trying to get 25 takedowns in one sitting. Stunts, Races, Burning all straight forward but Road Rage has been a swine.

Think I've just gotta find the Hot Rod car, take him down, do the burning route and I'm done. Looking forward to tackling the showtime and times on the streets though, should be fun.

Haven't got bored once yet with the game, it's amazing how many things I'm finding and thinking "Ooooo, good shortcut, must remember that for when online".

Got 3 barriers to find too and that's all them done, got a fair few billboards to smash and about 2 super jumps.

And when I've done them, there's still all those 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 player challenges.

MASSIVE game, worth every penny.

Soldato
I must admit I was kinda shocked when I saw the "119" wins needed for Elite then realise that was EVERY event I'd have to do. Taken a good few solid hours to go through them and to be honest the hardest ones have been the Road Rage events trying to get 25 takedowns in one sitting. Stunts, Races, Burning all straight forward but Road Rage has been a swine.

Think I've just gotta find the Hot Rod car, take him down, do the burning route and I'm done. Looking forward to tackling the showtime and times on the streets though, should be fun.

Haven't got bored once yet with the game, it's amazing how many things I'm finding and thinking "Ooooo, good shortcut, must remember that for when online".

Got 3 barriers to find too and that's all them done, got a fair few billboards to smash and about 2 super jumps.

And when I've done them, there's still all those 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 player challenges.

MASSIVE game, worth every penny.

Hang on, 140 events for elite?

I am on an A lisence and it only says 40 wins for next upgrade. Is that not the Elite upgrade? :mad:

Soldato
So I have 180 events to do. Bloody hell!!!

They aren't even hard, it is just that to do all of them it takes SO LOOONG!!!

What is even more annoying is when you lose a race because you smashed into something in the last few turns.

Soldato
So I have 180 events to do. Bloody hell!!!

They aren't even hard, it is just that to do all of them it takes SO LOOONG!!!

What is even more annoying is when you lose a race because you smashed into something in the last few turns.

Yep not hard, just recycled, I have about 90 events to win for Elite and I just can't be bothered, seen everything the game has to offer now, already seen the gold cars you get for Elite too, nothing to get excited about :D

Back
Top Bottom