Burnout Paradise Official Thread

~J~

~J~

Soldato
So I have 180 events to do. Bloody hell!!!

They aren't even hard, it is just that to do all of them it takes SO LOOONG!!!

What is even more annoying is when you lose a race because you smashed into something in the last few turns.

Personally I think they get harder. The Road Rage AI definately gets more aggresive. I had countless T-Bone takedowns where they have rammed into me on a corner and they definately try and box me in on the straights.

Races are normal and the stunts (now that you've mastered them) require about 500k to pass.

Sorry mate, busy weekend for you it seems!

Soldato
Personally I think they get harder. The Road Rage AI definately gets more aggresive. I had countless T-Bone takedowns where they have rammed into me on a corner and they definately try and box me in on the straights.

Races are normal and the stunts (now that you've mastered them) require about 500k to pass.

Sorry mate, busy weekend for you it seems!

haha, definitely.

Associate
Hopefully will get the game on the way back from college today, only games i really play is COD 4 and GH 3, and hardly been playing either lately, so i think its time for a new game.

Caporegime
I am beginning to feel like that, in older Burnout games it was possible to disable the takedown cam but I haven't checked to see if that is possible in Paradise.

It's not, I have looked!!!

I am on A license with about 24 events left to get Burnout License and the crash cam annoys me a lot. Having said that I have put in 41 hours into this game, and still playing it every day, so it can't be that bad.

(btw, cheers for the challenges yesterday, Apopcalyptic and Russbot :) ).

rp2000

Soldato
Something funny just happened at work. I work for a web design agency who work with EA, and we did the Burnout Paradise website for them. *deleted because I might get in trouble :p*
Someone just came up to me and said

"Off sick hey?"
I was like, "errr, yeah"
"Did you enjoy Burnout?"
"Errr...Yes, how did you know I was playing it?"

Turns out they searched for my name on the dev site (not live yet) and found my gamertag and saw that I had been playing all day yesterday :p

Will be cool seeing your mates times on the site though.

Last edited:
Caporegime

At 41 hours I am at 52% completion. (I assume you are much higher than that).

Once I get A license I just want to "Rule" every single road offline, and hopefully online as well :)

I can see this easily being a 80 hour game for me, which is rare (possibly Revenge was the last game this gen I have put that many hours into).

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you know (or can you say) whether this is for 360 or ps3 users, or both?

rp2000

Actually, do you mind deleting what I said in your quote because I don't think I am supposed to have said anything and I don't want to get in trouble.

I will say it is for both PS3 and 360 though, I just went and had a look and it is pretty cool. Basically gives all in game stats on the site.

Caporegime
Actually, do you mind deleting what I said in your quote because I don't think I am supposed to have said anything and I don't want to get in trouble.

I will say it is for both PS3 and 360 though, I just went and had a look and it is pretty cool. Basically gives all in game stats on the site.

Done :)

rp2000

~J~

~J~

Soldato
At 41 hours I am at 52% completion. (I assume you are much higher than that).

Once I get A license I just want to "Rule" every single road offline, and hopefully online as well :)

I can see this easily being a 80 hour game for me, which is rare (possibly Revenge was the last game this gen I have put that many hours into).

rp2000

I think I'm at about 83% at the moment. Definately gonna be a long game, like you I'm not gonna give in until I ownz3r each road.

Soldato
Post your Showtime score for "Nakamura Ave" in my thread. I got 15mill yesterday, which I thought was quite good!

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17835583&highlight=burnout

rp2000

Have you got any tips for Showtime as I tend to only be able to get about 2-3 million, even if I get a large multiplier (max I got was x9)

I think I might be hitting the ground break too often, I press it to bounce the car down the road and I just aim to hit as many cars as possible. Eventually though I run out of steam if there is a break in traffic.

Any tips?

Caporegime
Have you got any tips for Showtime as I tend to only be able to get about 2-3 million, even if I get a large multiplier (max I got was x9)

I think I might be hitting the ground break too often, I press it to bounce the car down the road and I just aim to hit as many cars as possible. Eventually though I run out of steam if there is a break in traffic.

Any tips?

Well, I use the following 3 strategies a lot:

1) Parked cars. I land in front of some, and "nudge" them into oncoming traffic (if you have cars bouncing off each other you get combo points)

2) High Points, I bounce high and take out Signs for $10k and Limousines for $5K each. To bounce high I hold down the Ground break button (X on ps3 so I assume Blue on 360)

3) Bonus boost every 10 cars, I make sure I get cars in bunches of 10 then get a bonus. so the boost never runs low. If there is a lull in traffic, turn camera around and start ground breaking down the opposite side of the road.

The rest is just patience, practice, and sticking to 1 car to be consistent (each car has slightly different "bouncing" physics, from my experience). The Van is good as when flying through the air vertically as it hits the signs smashes quite easily (10k each). But sometimes, the Van is quite hard to get moving once stationary (I thin due to it's weight).

Also I think ~J~ posted some hints somewhere in this thread as well.

Thank you. I'm going to have to get myself on showtime soon, I'm sick of seeing your name on every road I drive down.
Get used to it!! :) Currently I "rule" 63 out of the 64 roads (McManicMan has me beat on 1 road, but I can beat it, it's just in the top right hand corner of the map in a quiet area with little traffic and annoying to drive too as their is very few challenges around there.).

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I use the following 3 strategies a lot:

1) Parked cars. I land in front of some, and "nudge" them into oncoming traffic (if you have cars bouncing off each other you get combo points)

2) High Points, I bounce high and take out Signs for $10k and Limousines for $5K each. To bounce high I hold down the Ground break button (X on ps3 so I assume Blue on 360)

3) Bonus boost every 10 cars, I make sure I get cars in bunches of 10 then get a bonus. so the boost never runs low. If there is a lull in traffic, turn camera around and start ground breaking down the opposite side of the road.

The rest is just patience, practice, and sticking to 1 car to be consistent (each car has slightly different "bouncing" physics, from my experience). The Van is good as when flying through the air vertically as it hits the signs smashes quite easily (10k each). But sometimes, the Van is quite hard to get moving once stationary (I thin due to it's weight).

Also I think ~J~ posted some hints somewhere in this thread as well.

rp2000

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go later and see how I get on. (groundbreaker is A on the 360 ;) (green))

Back
Top Bottom