Burnout Paradise Official Thread

V1N

V1N

Associate
Anyone done a Show Time yet? (you need to win 4 events to activate it)

Loads of fun!!!

Not yet.

Did a few events, unclocked 4 cars so far.
Just did a big lap of the map, just drive all the way around it, and back to the junk yard, to collect the car of another driver I took out (The SI-7) so gunna go try that out now.

I'm totally impressed so far.
So very very fluid, smooth, no pop up that I've spotted, the soundtracks are great. Maybe not all tracks I'd choose to listen to in real life, but they all help with the feeling, blasting around the map. Even just heard a bit of Avril with that song I could be your girlfriend.

Loads of fun!!! is right!

This is what console gaming is all about

V1N.

Caporegime
Mine is sitting at home waiting for me.

Anyone with a PS3, I will be online tonight so add me if you fancy a game (I think I have a couple of friends slots free).

rp2000

Edit: McManicMan, did it use the same drivers license photos that you create in the demo, or did you have to take a new pic with the PS3 Eye?

Permabanned
Not really looked at the game, is it lik e TDU where random people are on the map? or are you just on your own with the computer.

Never played Revenge last one I did play was on the Xbox 1 and loved it, might trade in a few games for it.

Soldato

Edit: McManicMan, did it use the same drivers license photos that you create in the demo, or did you have to take a new pic with the PS3 Eye?

i didn't have the camera plugged in when starting, i presume you'll just take a new pic as it goes through the same setup as the demo, no pic it then uses profile picture.

V1N

V1N

Associate
Not really looked at the game, is it lik e TDU where random people are on the map? or are you just on your own with the computer.

Never played Revenge last one I did play was on the Xbox 1 and loved it, might trade in a few games for it.

It's more like TDU than traditional Burnout.

Best thing to do is to download the demo, it's there for both systems.
Just remember while you're driving around, that it's only a small fraction of the overall game world.

It really is good.
Demo has online play too, so you can whet your appetite a bit :)

V1N.

V1N

V1N

Associate

Anyone with a PS3, I will be online tonight so add me if you fancy a game (I think I have a couple of friends slots free).

rp2000

Shame really that it won't let you use a pic from the HDD.
Then, I would say that, I have no USB camera ;)

V1N.

Soldato

when you press right to go online in free-mode much like TDU you'll join upto 7 others where you can do online challenges, races or just muck about, so yes much like TDU but to the extreme

~J~

~J~

Soldato
In a nutshell Cheets, as said it's like TDU (I don't think as big, probably about 2/3rd the size), but has a lot of things to do.

Park up at traffic lights and you can do a race, takedown (bump into a set number of cars to make them crash), become a marked man where you race from one point on the map to another without been taken out yourself, a stunt race where you need to do jumps, doughnuts, ramps, the lot.

Or, you can tear down a road, see a load of cars and activate Show Time where you just crash into anything building up a big score.

But all those I've said you can also do online, but also opens up more challenges: who can do the biggest drift? Who can go the furthest in oncoming traffic? Who can do the biggest air jump? Everything.

Then there's cars to find to add to your collection, billboards to smash to achieve targets, gate to find and break through, petrol stations, all sorts.

It's a massive game mate, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Cant say i've noticed any pop-up or framerate issues, it runs liquid smooth and feels like 60fps to me.......

V1N: It still does the slo-mo takedowns in single player road rage mode, and they are awesome with the new crash physics :D

V1N

V1N

Associate
Cant say i've noticed any pop-up or framerate issues, it runs liquid smooth and feels like 60fps to me.......

V1N: It still does the slo-mo takedowns in single player road rage mode, and they are awesome with the new crash physics :D

Yes, I just popped on to mention that. It was just the Marked Man where it didn't do it.
Have completed a few races in my SI-7, which really flies around there (compared to the other early cars anyway) and did multiple takedowns, and got the lovely slowmos, watching their cars get crushed, and roll... to the sounds of Faith No More's Epic playing out.

Also, in the race car, the boost works more like the older Burnout games, where you can only use it, when it's full, and if you hold it down, and use all the boost, then you get Burnout x2 and Burnout x3 etc, so you can literally boost your way through a whole race, so long as you don't crash. I can't remember when the old Burnouts stopped doing that, I'd forgotten all about it.

I have to say, I am enjoying the races and that more than I thought I was going to.

Excellent!

V1N.

Associate
My PS3 verisons arrived, I havent had a chance to play it yet because of work but cant wait to try it later. My PSN name is Russbot if anyones up for a game.

Caporegime
:(:(:(:(:(

Postie came at 12.40 - I was at the pub :/

Can't get it till 5.15am tomorrow now :(

:(:(

If it is anything like my Royal Mail depot, you can prob go 9am in the morning and it will already be there (even though the card says otherwise). At mine they have a dig around and it is always there before 24 hours and they just cough it up tbh.

rp2000

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I said this would happen! Just got someones ass as a mugshot :(

Had some online action now, the challenges are great. Someone can set a challenge (like speed test) and if you beat them, you get to send them a SmugShot! :D

I also didn't realise that online you can go into ShowTime! There I was minding my own business when this ruddy great big car came tumbling down the road towards me smashing everything in sight!

AWESOMENESS!!!!

Soldato
If it is anything like my Royal Mail depot, you can prob go 9am in the morning and it will already be there (even though the card says otherwise). At mine they have a dig around and it is always there before 24 hours and they just cough it up tbh.

rp2000

My card says 18 hours from delivery attempt which would be 6.40am - but I'm going in at 5.15am :>

Back
Top Bottom