Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Caporegime
The more and more I play this, the more disappointed I get with the already disappointing soundtrack. There's 4 songs I like. That's not good.

Especially when Burnout Revenge is the finest selection from a game yet :(

Soldato
I nearly threw the controller accross the room yesterday, I was doing some Road Rage events and had to get 18 takedowns, so I select the A-Team van and start but miss a lot of car and get taken down and crashing, first time I got 16 before it was over and straight after that I got 17 :mad: so instead of giving the controller a flying lesson I go and get a drink, come back and get 71 takedowns :o

It also unlocked the 4x4 which I slammed into the wall as soon as I saw it.

Caporegime
I nearly threw the controller accross the room yesterday, I was doing some Road Rage events and had to get 18 takedowns, so I select the A-Team van and start but miss a lot of car and get taken down and crashing, first time I got 16 before it was over and straight after that I got 17 :mad: so instead of giving the controller a flying lesson I go and get a drink, come back and get 71 takedowns :o

It also unlocked the 4x4 which I slammed into the wall as soon as I saw it.

For the Road rage events I used the "enhanced" A team van (The one you get for doing Burning Route in the A-team Van).

Unfortunately as I did a lot of Road rage events leading upto Elite License, I now have to do every single road rage with a target of 30 to get all the Road Rage events. (Thankfully I completed the last one tonight!!).

I think my record so far has been 60ish (I thought you might get a car or something for doing over 50 but I got nada, so haven;t bothered breaking the 100 takedowns barrier, lest all that effort does not get me a car!!)

Stats wise 4X4 and the enhanced 4X4 should be better at Road Rage, but it really lacks the speed the Van has, I found.

rp2000

Soldato
Almost forgot, went to the purple square logo shop today and this game was FIFTY POUNDS !! :eek:

..so I went to Asda and got it for £39 :)

On my B licence now. woooo :D

Soldato
I think I experienced a bug yesterday, I was in the Inferno BRT van and did a Road Rage, but during that race near the end traffic checking was messed up, all the other normal cars that are driving around disappeared just before I was going to hit them, after the road rage this continued, I could just power thru traffic as if they weren't there.

So I shut down the system and restarted Burnout and since then it is back to what it should be, it was very strange.

BTW, what is your highest Road Rage score? I was mad enough to keep going to 103 Takedowns before finally wrecking the car.

Caporegime
I think I experienced a bug yesterday, I was in the Inferno BRT van and did a Road Rage, but during that race near the end traffic checking was messed up, all the other normal cars that are driving around disappeared just before I was going to hit them, after the road rage this continued, I could just power thru traffic as if they weren't there.

So I shut down the system and restarted Burnout and since then it is back to what it should be, it was very strange.

BTW, what is your highest Road Rage score? I was mad enough to keep going to 103 Takedowns before finally wrecking the car.

103 is impressive, I would be tempted to try and beat it, had I not completed all the Road rage events!

I think 200 is probably doable with relative ease from the I88, but as my targets were always 30, I just did 30 and then quit the event.

rp2000

Soldato
103 is impressive, I would be tempted to try and beat it, had I not completed all the Road rage events!
Yeah, I think 200 is possible, but it's gonna take a long time, I strated on the highway but in the end I have driven everywhere and fixed the car twice, I was on my way to the 3rd auto-repair but got taken down once too often.

Now only 98 events to get to Elite and then maybe do all the stuff to get awards :o

Caporegime
I'd say the same. I wouldn't have played it anywhere near as much if my friend hadn't brought his 360 around with his copy a few times to play.

I don't like the fact it's built more around challenges than it is MP races online.

Soldato
I also miss the Aftertouch option to score Takedowns when taken down and the ability to use remaining boost to blow up the car to get instant revenge but I guess they saved those for the next Burnout when they will also bring back the Crash Mode (hopefully)

Back
Top Bottom