Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Might of known :rolleyes: :p

LOL!!

I've got a 5, and I'm sure Psymonkee said he got a 5 the other night too.

It's the jump as you come out of the mine, turn left and instead of going round the bend to get down, you just jump off the edge. There's a small ledge that can give a barrell roll, but with a combined speed toegther with distance and height you should be able to manage about 4 or 5 rolls with ease.

I've heard a few people have a 6 off that same ledge but I just can't get that far.

Car I've used has always been a P12, it's just THE best stunt car for rolls.

It's the jump as you come out of the mine, turn left and instead of going round the bend to get down, you just jump off the edge. There's a small ledge that can give a barrell roll, but with a combined speed toegther with distance and height you should be able to manage about 4 or 5 rolls with ease.
Is that the ledge when you land the dam is on the left?

Do you have to do anything special before the jump or during the jump to get the car to roll more?

I can't even get a triple barrel roll, not there and not at the ramp at the quarry entrance, the car just levels out after two.

LOL!!

I've got a 5, and I'm sure Psymonkee said he got a 5 the other night too.

I've heard a few people have a 6 off that same ledge but I just can't get that far.

Car I've used has always been a P12, it's just THE best stunt car for rolls.

Can you take a snap of the location? (afraid I don't know the map that well, even after 65 hours!!)

Like Dutch Guy, the best I have managed is 2 barrel rolls of a super jump and also Quarry Entrance and maybe in Airfield too.

rp2000

DutchGuy, rp2000

Hard to show a picture as I'm on site at the mo, but...

Bottom road (South Parkway?) head east to west over the bridge till you come to the fork in the road. Left would take you to the mountains, right will take you towards the dam.

Keep on that road, follow it left, it bends up and right until you're above the dam.

On the corner is a small ledge (it's one of the superjumps) and if you hit that at full speed as close to the edge as possible you'll get a barrell roll(s).

Map here should show you where the super jump is:

http://www.1up.com/flat/MyCheats/Burnout/Burnout-Paradise-Ramps-copy.jpg

See the bottom road where the 2 super jumps are on the bridge? The red dot on the curvy road to the dam is exactly where I mean.

That's the place mate. Spot on. Get as far back as you can on the road, foot down so you've as much possible speed as possible, try to hit the bend on the apex so you're not having to slow down and get as close to the edge as possible and you'll enter a massive barrell roll (for best effect press Y on the keypad ;)).

You'll probably need god-knows how many attempts at it as 99 times outta a 100 you'll crash but it's a sheer fluke and you'll eventually get it.

I feel a post your records screenshots coming on.....

Interesting....

Just a post of everyone's status screens would make interesting reading (but I love high scores et al!!)

Just don't laugh at my takedown string! Highest I've got is about 28 :(
lol, mine is 70ish ( I think), but I had to get 30 on each Road rage to get my Elite :p

rp2000

I do not have a 3x barrel roll yet I'm afraid :(

Got confused on a stunt run with 6x multiplier gain forgetting barrel rolls are worth 2 times.

2 x barrel rolls, 1 super jump, 1 airtime = 6x multi :D

Guess I'll be off to Read Lane later on tonight :)

What car does everyone use for stunt runs? I'm rubbish at them and only have them to do as well as some showdown routes.
What I did yesterday was use a slower stunt car, drive to a place I was comfortable with so some stunts and to keep the speed a little low just only press the boost button without the accelerator, I got 900k on one run where I visited the dam, flatspin off the ledge mentioned earlier, double barrel roll into the quarry and the billboard between the two towers.

Another thing, do the sponsor car codes work on the PAL game like bestbuy, gamestop etc. are there different codes or are they not in the PAL release?

Aaah, thanks! :cool:

I figured out the barrel roll yesterday, I kept going up the lower ramp to the left and the higher one to the right, then just used the higher ramp on one side and rolled over :cool:

I was that ecstatic I did it again :)

I might go and find the quarry again tonight and have a wee about :)

Land a flat spin from a super jump and get a x6 multiplier.... i always do them when there's an open ramp.

Back
Top Bottom