Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Associate
Are there really any noticeable visual differences between the two platforms?
I don't own a PS3, but would like to know if Burnout Paradise looks better on it, just to give me a reason to buy one if I come across a 60/80GB unit :)
That IGN video mentioned earlier states that there is a noticeable popup on the 360 etc...

Anyone want to give an unbiased opinion? :D

Caporegime
I don't own a PS3, but would like to know if Burnout Paradise looks better on it, just to give me a reason to buy one if I come across a 60/80GB unit :)
That IGN video mentioned earlier states that there is a noticeable popup on the 360 etc...

No-one here has both versions to my knowledge. Only the review sites are in a position to do proper comparisons I get. Just get the one you think you will play more online with. If you know more 360 people playing it then get it on that. I played both demos and there was no popup/slowdown etc on either versions tbh.

Which IGN video do you mean btw?
I haven't done any races yet at all, im just flying round the orads with a big grin on my face :D
snap!!!

rp2000

Soldato

On a podcast I was listening to today (I think it was the latest Gamespot Hotspot one) they said that the game runs at 720p on PS3 and 1080p on 360 but they could not really see any difference when they ran them side by side. And that whilst the Reviewer was playing the game for his review there was 100% no slow down on the PS3 version, however the 360 suffered from some minor framerate issues from time to time.

So basically, bugger all difference, as rp2000 said, get the one that your mates are getting :)

Associate
I'll get the 360 version as I don't own a PS3 yet :cool:
Can't wait!

Been playing Burnout 3, get it from the bay for £5.50, half the price of getting it through live, nice to play with the risk of hitting traffic, rather than just hammering through like in revenge. So it's nice to hear that you can only traffic check in Paradise in certain cars and at slower speeds :)

Does playing games downloaded through Xbox Originals sign you out of live when playing? Just noticed I'm signed out according to mygamercard, playing 'Xbox Back Compat' lol

Soldato
W00t. Got an awesome Crash score.

7.5mill :D 13x Multiplier! Highest one online. But I can't find the right place to see my name on the score. IS there a way to see your high scores in the menu?

I've only seen 1 person on my friends list online in Burnout Paradise though so all PS3 owners add meh!

PSN ID: Windle

Caporegime
W00t. Got an awesome Crash score.

7.5mill :D 13x Multiplier! Highest one online. But I can't find the right place to see my name on the score. IS there a way to see your high scores in the menu?

I've only seen 1 person on my friends list online in Burnout Paradise though so all PS3 owners add meh!

PSN ID: Windle

Just added you. I have not unlocked the Crash (Showtime) yet. May do later on today, after DMC4 demo on PS3 finishes downloading and after Question Time.

rp2000

Soldato
I got the 360 version but kinda wished i got the PS3 version now. :(

Looked better and played/handled better on PS3 imo. Least i have achievements on 360, that's the only reason i got it on the 360.

Josh

Caporegime
I got the 360 version but kinda wished i got the PS3 version now. :(

Looked better and played/handled better on PS3 imo. Least i have achievements on 360, that's the only reason i got it on the 360.

Josh

I didn't have you down as an achievement junkie? I like Unlocks in games now, but achievements do nothing for me tbh.

rp2000

Soldato
yep good games with rp2000 and the_dead_parrot, again sorry for lack of communication but speech sound is comming through Tv at present. This will soon be sorted hopefully when my logitech usb headset arrives next week sometime! and hoped you liked my smugshots, lol

i had to leave to set up another free PSN account for my boy as he was dying to play online with it and i didn't want him using my save and completing my challenges, lol.

Windle i have added you to my friends list,

5bjoshua sell the 360 copy and get the PS3 one, its a dream with DS3

Last edited:
Soldato
Just added you. I have not unlocked the Crash (Showtime) yet. May do later on today, after DMC4 demo on PS3 finishes downloading and after Question Time.

rp2000

I was wondering why you weren't on my list. Apparently i sent you an invite ages ago which you hadn't accepted!

Caporegime
Probably because dumb-ass Sony limit you to 50 friends, he may well have never received your message :(

Correct. My list has been full for last few months at least, and I only realise when someone messages me to tell me!!!

The limit is annoying tbh, especially now a lot more people on these forums (who are the only people on my list apart from real life ps3 owners) have a ps3.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom