Caffeine Detox Time

Soldato
I've managed to cut back from approx 6-8 cups a day to 4, as well as less coffee per cup. Quite often having tea instead now, same coffee brand often leaves a weird bitter taste in my mouth, perhaps related to covid in Sept '22 that left me with long covid.

Associate
I stopped coffee last year, it used to massively spike my anxiety. I have 1 cup of green tea in the morning, it's still caffeine but far far less than the 4-5 cups of coffee I was consuming. My digestion and anxiety are much better for it.

I did a Vitl DNA test which suggested I have a caffeine sensitivity which totally made sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
So many people don't realise they are addicted to caffeine.

I switched my dads Coffee to decaf without him knowing and a day or two later he started complaining of raging headaches and feeling unwell lol.

My sister was addicted to Red Bull, she stopped drinking it suddenly after being a heavy user for years and she was physically shaking and experiencing severe symptoms similar to a drug addict.

Associate
Typically drink 4-5 coffees a day and each one is a double shot of espresso. Don't feel like I have any issues as a result though, never have trouble going to sleep either, Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing

Associate
caffeine sensitivity that's it. For me it plays out sometimes as my nerves have been shot and heightened social kind of anxiety. And oddly it plays out as tea can be worse than coffee, whether that's because of the extra stimulant in tea.

Associate
I switched to caffeine free tea a few years ago and it made no difference at all that I'm aware of, and this is despite having about 8 cups full caf' per day down to 3 cups of decaf.
Weird thing now though is that I prefer the taste...normal tea has a sort of metallic taste now that I didn't notice before.

Soldato
If you drink anything caffeinated daily, then you're probably addicted. But so what? A minority of people have issues with caffeine, for the rest of us there really is no reason to worry.
For me personally I don't like being reliant on a stimulant just to get to baseline.

Buying coffee out also costs way too much but hey people are free to do as they wish. It's just not for me.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Caffeine has slowly crept back into my day. To begin with I was feeling amazing but the down sides are starting to show up.

Tomorrow I’m stopping again. Shouldn’t be too bad as I’ve only been having caffeinated drinks for 3-4 weeks.

Man of Honour
Just over a year since I last had caffeine - not really noticed any difference though I think I'm slightly more outgoing (in person) without it. Though it never really had that big an effect on me in the first place aside from headaches if I didn't have my fix.

Soldato
I walk a fine line. I have one coffee and 1 or 2 teas a day. Additionally, I'll allow myself 1 or 2 pre-workouts a week but never within 2 days of each other.

As it stands, I don't really notice anything if I go without caffeine on a day which I think is about right. I don't want to reach a point where I need to caffeine detox.

Soldato
I have a double shot of espresso in the morning with my breakfast and the fizzy pop I have has caffeine listed as a flavour, but no idea how much is in there. When I reached out to the company who make it, they didn't know lol! Then I also have caffeine in a pre-workout, three times a week, dosed at ~400mg

I don't need a "fix" of caffeine, and can happily not have a morning coffee. I work in a college kitchen, so fairly full on with an early start, so do rely heavily on the energy boost for working out after work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom