Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
If anybody wants to join me tonight for some multiplayer drop me a msg or invite later, I've been ill for 5 days and haven't touched the game in that time! I have some catching up to do :)

Man of Honour
Stop being an idiot for a start...theres no need to be some sort of a smart arse because you cant handle someone saying its a rubbish game...rubbish as in gameplay. Maybe you had an orgasm over it while playing it,....i didnt....the gfx impressed me but thats about it. Its sad to see how offended you particularly got over what i said earlier....i apologise if my criticism hurt your poor feelings. Yes i can be a sarcastic barsteward as well....i suggest you stop taking someones opinion so personally...it usually means you have some issues that need dealing with it.

To be honest mate your post definitely came across as "I can't do this game, it's too hard, therefore it sucks". You may have other reasons for disliking it, but that's definitely what came across.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
i'm going to throw my pad out of the window in a minute

I'm on the level (one shot one kill) and the bit where you're waiting for the chopper to arrive to pick you and Macmillan up, the enemy choppers are dropping enemies off, i'm in one of those huts and at one point I had 12 grenade warnings on my screen, I just can't move,

if i stick my head up I'm taken out,
if i move out of the hut i'm blown up
if i just lie there in the hut i get blown up....

one of the 75 times I've tried this i managed to get out of the hut just before the choppers arrived, ran around behind the bumper cars and still got grenaded

any tips of where to go to avoid being bombarded? (this is on veteran btw)

if i cant do it in the next few goes I'm giving up as its making me mad, i;ll just stick to multiplayer

Associate
the respawn is an annoying this because the game tends to sacrifice AI for it.

For example because the enemy "knows" it'll respawn they tend to have no problem standing out in the open spraying bullets at you, forcing you to come out of cover at a moment you wouldn't in real combat. Also the AI's combat is very game like, i.e: No fear, No Tactics, and pinpoint accuracy.

I've completed it on normal, i doubt i'll play on hardened because it'll probably **** me off. Multiplayer is very very accessible and excellent to boot.

COD 4 - 9/10

Associate
Just bought this a few hrs ago. Got about 1hr gameplay in when my daughter insisted on watching the jungle book again :(

Very impressed so far though. I bought this over the PC version for the comfort of sitting in the living room, infront of a large screen.

Associate
Anyone else buy the 360 version over the PC version? My PC could handle this game with everything set to max but I just fancied the idea of playing it on Live.

Associate
Anyone else had this problem. In MP, someone comes around a corner, i'm shooting him first then he shoots me, i die. I know he might have a better gun and better accuracy, but in the replay he's shooting me long before i shoot him, as if his screen is ahead of mine.
Is this lag or are the replays not accurate?

Soldato
Anyone else had this problem. In MP, someone comes around a corner, i'm shooting him first then he shoots me, i die. I know he might have a better gun and better accuracy, but in the replay he's shooting me long before i shoot him, as if his screen is ahead of mine.
Is this lag or are the replays not accurate?

that's because the other guy has a better connection to the host than you, or it was the host.

Associate
Oh my gawd the last level is doing my nut in! :mad:

Anyone got any tips to completing it on Veteran - are there any check points??

Can get down the stairs to the long corridor with rooms either off to either side, but just keep getting wasted.

Soldato
An excellent game, not very far into SP at the moment, as most of my time has been spent on MP, but it's great so far.

I picked up both the PS3 and 360 versions and I have to say, personal opinion of course, the PS3 looks sharper to me, plus the joypad on that console just feels better on an FPS.

Scort.

Soldato
quick question as I was told otherwise from a friend.

Can you play multiplayer with 2 players on Live, as in one being a guess, like you can with Halo ?

Just then be easier to convince my g/f to getit for me :p

Associate
Just finnished the game and wow. One of the best games I've played I'd have to say. Played half on vet and half normal cause I got to frustrated with vet and it was getting to more of a chore then fun. Time for some MP fun :D

Soldato
Wow, that was insanely good, just finished SP now :)

Last bit was nicely done and very moving, next time i'll blow the bad guy in the balls :D

I know i'll find myself doing the penultimate jeep bit again and again to get the "Hind with an RPG" achievement! lol

Great fun, now i'll see you all on the battlefields, i'll be the one prone in the bushes with the sniper rifle :)

Soldato
I know i'll find myself doing the penultimate jeep bit again and again to get the "Hind with an RPG" achievement! lol

Better doing that on "war pig" if you move up across the wasteground quick and clear around the bus, 2 choppers come in and RPG's are right behind the bus, they just hover there so easy to hit :D

Soldato
Better doing that on "war pig" if you move up across the wasteground quick and clear around the bus, 2 choppers come in and RPG's are right behind the bus, they just hover there so easy to hit :D

Ahh wicked, cheers mate :) How many RPG's to down a Hind btw? :D

I'll end up doing the jeep bit over and over anyways, brings back memories of MGS :)

Soldato
Finally got round to playing this online and I have to say its definately the best fps on the 360 imo. Varied maps (and lots of them!) and most of all it's fun! Graphics are excellent online too, like how you can customise your own kit too! just need to polish off the single player on now :)

Back
Top Bottom