Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
Yep same here Live generally being crap, and no chance of playing on COD4, just closes the lobby whenever a game is about to start.

Caporegime
I'm about halfway through and lost the urge to carry on in SP. I don't think the SP is very good at all. The re-spawning enemies is stupid. You end up having to get to an area to cut off enemies rather than winning a shootout.

You call in air support to clear an area and it's pointless, they just re-spawn. Until I realised that I thought the atmosphere of the game was great but now I know it's just a case of killing a couple then running to the cut off line.

Thats pretty poor for my money.

I think it's pretty much a duff SP game but the MP has been well thought out. I dont think I will keep it for long.

Soldato
just finished CoD4.

honest opinion after the initial "wow! omg this is great!"...i quite enjoyed it. it was a bit annoying in places with the constant re-spawn of enemies, but hey i preferred it to CoD3, but not CoD2.

the multiplayer is very promising and it'll be worth keeping just for that.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Loving COD4. SP was great, if a little short. People always seem to say SP is short in FPS games, but up until COD4 I've found them reasonably lengthy. It was just great though and I'll definitely go through it a few more times. MP has been good so far. I love the challenges. A big fan of ticking boxes and unlocking stuff :) Used to love Battlefield with the medals stuff, and this takes it one stage further with useful bonuses.

Soldato
The multiplayer is down yet again.. this is the 3rd time i've seen it go down since I bought the game on Sunday. Sort it out!.. the beta should have prepared things with the MP.

Last edited:
Associate
The problem is with Live, on major nelsons site he states that their is a problem with live and that they are working on it, seems the maintenance has buggered it up royally.

And on its fifth birthday, oh the irony.:p

Caporegime
Arghhh FFS:mad: what a pile of crap this game is....been stuck on the missile abort part for the past few days and i just cant do the flippin level:mad:.

Had enough of this game, i forgot how stupidly hard it can be...had this problem with COD3 and COD2 both which i hated. Yeh the graphics are nice but the gameplay is rubbish imn sorry to say. GRAW and GRAW2 are much much better gameplay wise than this pile of crap...in this game you cant even peek around the corners so your always kinda out in the open when you get into a gun fight. This game just annoys the freakin hell out of me....rubbish absolute rubbish

Caporegime
I'm about halfway through and lost the urge to carry on in SP. I don't think the SP is very good at all. The re-spawning enemies is stupid. You end up having to get to an area to cut off enemies rather than winning a shootout.

You call in air support to clear an area and it's pointless, they just re-spawn. Until I realised that I thought the atmosphere of the game was great but now I know it's just a case of killing a couple then running to the cut off line.

Thats pretty poor for my money.

I think it's pretty much a duff SP game but the MP has been well thought out. I dont think I will keep it for long.

Spot on Danny, summed up my feelings...its just stupidly ridiculous at times....

Soldato
Wow, just wow!! really REALLY loving this now!! Told myself i'd have an hour, must have been 4+ now :) (Game's paused, i'm going back to it shortly!) The missions are really bringing back memories of when i used to play Rainbow 6 in the Rogue Spear era, and one of the Street levels (I think the War Pig one?) has my mind set back to the first level of Black from a few years ago!

Great great game, looks gorgeous!! Although i am feeling kinda cursed, having already had my face blown off by terorists (President) and dying in a nuclear blast :D Ah well, live & learn!! go Soap go! lol

Wheeee!!

Soldato
Arghhh FFS:mad: what a pile of crap this game is....been stuck on the missile abort part for the past few days and i just cant do the flippin level:mad:.

Had enough of this game, i forgot how stupidly hard it can be...had this problem with COD3 and COD2 both which i hated. Yeh the graphics are nice but the gameplay is rubbish imn sorry to say. GRAW and GRAW2 are much much better gameplay wise than this pile of crap...in this game you cant even peek around the corners so your always kinda out in the open when you get into a gun fight. This game just annoys the freakin hell out of me....rubbish absolute rubbish

it doesn't make it crap just because YOU can't do it.

Soldato

Oh my god, look at the mess you just made young man, toys are EVERYWHERE! Go and pick them up, your having no chocolate tonight, it's straight to bed after bath time for you.

Seriously, how the hell is that even remotely comparable to a game review? You are unable to do it, so flame it. Would you love Winnie the Pooh games because they were easy? Perhaps you don't like the game for other reasons, perhaps your post was an anger one, but from what i read, it just seems to be a vent, verbal diarrhea if you will.

Take your time on the missions, unless the clock is ticking you don't have to rush. Use the correct tool for the job; Grenades, switch guns with ones from dead enemies, etc. Use the auto-aim feature in battle, tap it, followed by trigger when in close gun fire for a quick lock-on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Respawn is pretty irritating, wouldnt be too bad if maybe you had to kill 3 times as many people if you didnt advance as quickly but its infinite it seems.

My friend played it tonight and was advancing a bit at a time, clearing men from windows etc, but he ended up just stuck behind a car killing the same people over and over. Takes a little bit away from the game IMO, its not like our boys in Iraq are just running as far forward as they can Im sure there just as cautious as my mate was tonight :p

Whats better is when you get to a certain point, then some of the people who were there when you ran past suddenly disappear :confused:

Man of Honour
I do wonder about the respawn. I can see exactly why it's a bad thing and why it shouldn't be in the game, but I can also see why it could have been left in. There are several sections in the game where you can crouch in a relatively safe position and pick everyone off. If they continually respawn, the game is forcing you to move on and to put yourself in dangerous situations to progress. It's not ideal in my opinion and there could be other ways to deal with it, but that *may* be a reason they've got it in there.

Back
Top Bottom