Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Man of Honour
I seriously cannot wait for this. The MP Beta was the first online shooter to really draw me in and I played it far too much (to the point where I stopped sucking!). I'll probably blow through the SP campaign fairly quickly and concentrate on the MP side of things, only going back to the SP for the achievements. The MP will seriously kick ass :D

Soldato
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Being such a big game it need it's own proper discussion thread. Judging by the beta and various reviews, this game is going to be immense. Yes single player isn't the longest but multi player is where it's at. 18 players, Intense as you like and simply jaw dropping visuals. :D

A few reviews...

IGN PS3 Review 9.4
IGN Xbox 360 Review 9.4
GameTrailers Video Review 9.4
Games Rankings 360 Currently 96% average
Games Rankings PS3 Currently 95% average

I think it's fair to say that this game is going to be pretty ******* good. MP is just going be superb and I can see a few late nights coming up. :D

Soldato
Great, I just hope mine turns up on Thursday as I'm hoping to have a day off.

As I've said in another thread, I loved the Beta. I have never been addicted t a beta before so that has to say something for this game, right?

I will play the SP but for me its a bit "meh", I really want to play the MP side more than anything. I even enjoyed playing against the yanks :eek:

Only small issue is there are no MP achievements. I'll get over it. ;)

JKD

JKD

Associate
I'm pretty fired up to get this too. I bought a 360 elite just to play the beta - though I think I'll get it for the ps3 on friday.

Got both versions pre-ordered though while I check out the final reviews and try and filter out the 360/ps3 fanboys!

psn/xbl id: rairch

Caporegime
I would guess Xbox Live integration, regular headset users, messaging etc...
PS3 does have dedicated servers though, which is the one online offering Sony do offer that's so much better than Microsoft.

Currently on Metacritic the Xbox360 one is 1% higher than the PS3 one, so maybe the reason is online? I've not read any reviews of it (never do on games I'm going to buy).

Soldato
9.4 seems lower than all the hype and 'zomg goty' people let on. Still good though. I'm going to pass I think, the beta was alright but aside from the extremely good visual/performance ratio and novel levelling up system it was a very generic shooter.

The PC SP demo was also pretty good in the graphics department but much like the MP, very generic gameplay. I honestly don't know where the 9s and 10s are coming from, it's a 8/10 at best, a mod to Call of Duty 2 that lazily adds modern skins.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I'm gonna wait till Friday. There's bound to be a few taking it to the LAN so on Monday, before we go, I'll just replace the DVD with a blank one and walk away with it.

Caporegime
I'm gonna wait till Friday. There's bound to be a few taking it to the LAN so on Monday, before we go, I'll just replace the DVD with a blank one and walk away with it.

I'm picking it up on Friday before going. I'm hoping Windle and Psymonkee do too (I'll just talk them to death about it in the car).
You'll buy it.
Kreeeee will have it.
McDaniek will have it.

Hopefully Mr and Mrs Krono buy it too. I'l sure a fair few going will definitely have it. I'm hoping they all have The Orange Box too for some Team Fortress 2.

Man of Honour
9.4 seems lower than all the hype and 'zomg goty' people let on. Still good though. I'm going to pass I think, the beta was alright but aside from the extremely good visual/performance ratio and novel levelling up system it was a very generic shooter.

Can you tell me in your opinion what isn't a generic shooter? Surely they're all fairly similar, it's just the maps and weapons that differ from game to game?

The PC SP demo was also pretty good in the graphics department but much like the MP, very generic gameplay. I honestly don't know where the 9s and 10s are coming from, it's a 8/10 at best, a mod to Call of Duty 2 that lazily adds modern skins.

How can you rate it without playing it?

Don
due to work and girlfriend restrictions I won't be able to play this hardly at all on release day. But I have the Monday off, so a full day's gaming I think.

Looking forward to it. Game is going to be awesome!

Man of Honour
I'll be getting this on Friday, though I'm out at a mates on Friday night so I won't be playing it until later. I was completely hooked on the demo and I'm hoping that the full MP experience is even better. As I said in another thread, for once the SP side of things will be the distraction, with the MP as the main course, it was simply brilliant.

Roll on Friday :)

Soldato
Can you tell me in your opinion what isn't a generic shooter? Surely they're all fairly similar, it's just the maps and weapons that differ from game to game?

How can you rate it without playing it?

I am fed up of people trying to start arguments and picking apart posts just because one person doesn't like their game. I don't like Call of Duty 4, and I don't have to explain why in detail any more than I already have. I would have thought 'Call of Duty 2 with modern skins' would have been an adequete reason for citing it as a 8/10 game at best, but apparently it's not. But it's ok I can read between the lines, you're just disgruntled at the fact somebody doesn't like the game. This happens with every major release, and sadly you are going to have to get used to it.

I see this bullcrap happening in every thread.

Last edited:
Associate
I never played the previous Call of Duty Games, I did however play the beta of COD4 and it was very addictive. I love the various Perks and the assistance of the helicopter after the seven kill streak.

I cannot wait to play it on the weekend. Keep an eye out for me MrPdog is my tag.

Back
Top Bottom