Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Associate
See you there on Friday, boyo's.

Yeah Davey MP will surely come first for me aswell with SP a distraction, got to get those unlockables and rank up.

Soldato
I am fed up of people trying to start arguments and picking apart posts just because one person doesn't like their game. I don't like Call of Duty 4, and I don't have to explain why in detail any more than I already have. I would have thought 'Call of Duty 2 with modern skins' would have been an adequete reason for citing it as a 8/10 game at best, but apparently it's not. But it's ok I can read between the lines, you're just disgruntled at the fact somebody doesn't like the game. This happens with every major release, and sadly you are going to have to get used to it.

I see this bullcrap happening in every thread.

It's called a discussion, not an argument. If you have such an issue with people responding to what you post (in this instance in a well mannered way) then why post in the first place? Makes no sense.

Associate
Am I right in thinking their are no Mutliplayer achievements? I know their are challenges like Marksman, but you don't get achievement points for them.

Man of Honour
I am fed up of people trying to start arguments and picking apart posts just because one person doesn't like their game. I don't like Call of Duty 4, and I don't have to explain why in detail any more than I already have. I would have thought 'Call of Duty 2 with modern skins' would have been an adequete reason for citing it as a 8/10 game at best, but apparently it's not. But it's ok I can read between the lines, you're just disgruntled at the fact somebody doesn't like the game. This happens with every major release, and sadly you are going to have to get used to it.

I see this bullcrap happening in every thread.
Where in my post am I trying to start an argument? I was asking a legitimate question. I couldn't give a rats ass if you like the game or not, but I wold be interested in what you think sets other games apart from it and why it should be labelled a generic shooter when others might not get that tag.

And my last point still stands. You can't rate a game without playing it. I can't rate it without playing it. It's why I say I *think* it'll be brilliant. I won't know until Friday, and you won't know if it's only worth 8/10 unless you play it will you?

So get off your high horse and stop being so damn defensive.

Soldato
I participated in the MP beta, and I have the SP demo on my PC right now. It's enough to formulate an opinion. I do not give a fuss if you think it is or not.

Soldato
Looking forward to this too, MP Beta was great, way better than Halo 3. PC Demo was good too if not all that different to what we have played before, but the AI did seem much better :D

Man of Honour
An opinion formed from demos is an opinion that can be wrong. I know this only too well, I thought Test Drive: Unlimited was rubbish from the demo but the full game was far better.

Still, if you don't like it that much, that's your choice. As I said, I don't care if you like it or not. I only care whether I like it or not.

Caporegime
I'd say that's quite common this generation. It seems most games released with a demo first on Xbox360 or Playstation3 have been poorer in the demo than the final release.

The thing about CoD4 is that it wasn't even a demo, it was a Beta.

Soldato
When you guys played the beta did it tell you how many were playing it online?

Thousands, mostly yanks.

Ive heard you keep te rank you got in *** beta in the full game, is this a load of tosh or is it true, anyone know?

Loved *** beta and cant wait for the full game. Im working friday so its going to kill me until i get home.

Gonna be an expensive week, Crysis and COD4 this week, Timeshift last week and I want the orange box :(

Soldato
I would guess Xbox Live integration, regular headset users, messaging etc...
PS3 does have dedicated servers though, which is the one online offering Sony do offer that's so much better than Microsoft.

Currently on Metacritic the Xbox360 one is 1% higher than the PS3 one, so maybe the reason is online? I've not read any reviews of it (never do on games I'm going to buy).
Well having headset, live integration etc is all very good but it all comes down to the quality of the persons connection who's hosting the game. 16 players is just not possible on most peoples IPS's without suffering major lag and poor ping. It's only just ok for us who have 8meg down, 1 meg up, but what about mr average joe on his crappy tiscali?

Soldato
Well having headset, live integration etc is all very good but it all comes down to the quality of the persons connection who's hosting the game. 16 players is just not possible on most peoples IPS's without suffering major lag and poor ping. It's only just ok for us who have 8meg down, 1 meg up, but what about mr average joe on his crappy tiscali?

Yawn, another 360 v PS3 debate starting

Back
Top Bottom