Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

I never said anything about Internet connection.
There is a performance issue when you're connected from one box online against lots of other people though.

Hmm it looks you did, not that it really matters anyway as I know it to be a non issue, also try to be a little more clear in future. :)

It takes a lot LOT longer on Veteran than Recruit difficulty. I know, I've completed it on both. (Veteran first, then Recruit).

After playing cod2 and 3 on veteran i know it can take a fair while longer, trouble is you end up sacrificing some of the fun for quite frustrating game play at times, longer game play beats overly hard short game play any day.

Hmm it looks you did, not that it really matters anyway as I know it to be a non issue, also try to be a little more clear in future. :)
I never insinuated it was Internet connection. I said there was performance problems when connected from one box, as in you have 2 players with all information being sent and recieved on one box by 2 users. It's different to scripted A.I. which is being processed by the computer.

After playing cod2 and 3 on veteran i know it can take a fair while longer, trouble is you end up sacrificing some of the fun for quite frustrating game play at times, longer game play beats overly hard short game play any day.
Each to their own I guess. I wouldn't say Veteran on CoD2 or CoD4 is overly difficult, nor no fun. Personally I found taking on 2 and 4 in Veteran a LOT of fun.

Each to their own I guess. I wouldn't say Veteran on CoD2 or CoD4 is overly difficult, nor no fun. Personally I found taking on 2 and 4 in Veteran a LOT of fun.

I do wish i'd just played it on hardened, the war room has me beat. A few of the levels were very frustrating and I think I'd have enjoyed the game much more at a lower level.

That said without the time limit I wouldve done the war room in a hour or so like the other levels.

I found the first bit ok - up to the stairs (have about 7 mins remaining at this point) - and the next bit was fairly straight-forward (have about 5.5 mins remaining at this point) - then it gets tricky. You have to go prone and take out the guys in the tunnels, then do the same in those circular rooms (x2). The enemy are fairly predictable so it's just a case of learning who's where and when. It was a massive relief to reach the blast doors and see a checkpoint (think I had about 3 mins remaining at that point). The rest is relatively easy.

There's a great video walkthrough site if you want help:

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/systems/xbox360/cod4/index.php

The enemy are fairly predictable so it's just a case of learning who's where and when. It was a massive relief to reach the blast doors and see a checkpoint (think I had about 3 mins remaining at that point). The rest is relatively easy.

Yeah thats the bit I'm stuck on, although I haven't tried it for about 2 weeks now. I can kill the guys in the tunnels it's the next tunnel they keep getting me.

I found the first bit ok - up to the stairs (have about 7 mins remaining at this point) - and the next bit was fairly straight-forward (have about 5.5 mins remaining at this point) - then it gets tricky. You have to go prone and take out the guys in the tunnels, then do the same in those circular rooms (x2). The enemy are fairly predictable so it's just a case of learning who's where and when. It was a massive relief to reach the blast doors and see a checkpoint (think I had about 3 mins remaining at that point). The rest is relatively easy.

Yeah I'm roughly at the stairs with 7:30 to go, going down the stairs and picking off 4 or 5 that are in same places are easy (can do that everytime), but from then on it's hard as hell!

Cheers for the tips though, will give it a whirl.

Im stuck on the corridor of the level with the missile countdown at the 3rd checkpoint, approx 6 mins 40sec on the timer. I have people shooting from infront then from corridors on both sides.

Really hard without your teammates there as cannon fodder as the enemys are sat waiting and your dead as soon as you see them. Tried flashing banging both sides but then reinforcements come.

Any tips?

You could try crying.

I've found it helps a lot.

:mad:

Lol, Im quite calm when playing this, it took about an hour of playing to get from the last checkpoint to this one, ended up just flashing banging and shooting on the run. Combined with a bit of luck i made it the checkpoint.

Sometimes I die as soon as I start as the checkpoint was reached with about 5 people shooting at me.

I rarely lose the plot with a game but this really winds me up. I swear sometimes you just instantly die for no apparent reason.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p

Im stuck on the corridor of the level with the missile countdown at the 3rd checkpoint, approx 6 mins 40sec on the timer. I have people shooting from infront then from corridors on both sides.

Really hard without your teammates there as cannon fodder as the enemys are sat waiting and your dead as soon as you see them. Tried flashing banging both sides but then reinforcements come.

Any tips?

Hi Simon,

You don't have to worry *too much* about the guys in the corridor. Yes there are a few you need to take out before you progress down to the tunnels either-side, but you don't have to take all all the guys behind the boxes. Then you go towards the tunnels and go prone and point towards the right tunnel, then gently gently gently edge round until you can see the enemy just popping out - then kill. Switch to left tunnel then repeat. Then you have to do the same sort of thing (twice!!) once you gone down that right tunnel :(

There's a great video walkthrough of that section that will really help

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/systems/xbox360/cod4/vids/act3/vid10.php

The good thing about that level is that the enemies are predictable, so you learn where they are the more you play.

But you need to do it all with a bit of speed in mind as you want about 3 mins remaining by the time you get to the blast doors, which is the next checkpoint (IIRC the checkpoint appears after the doors start opening). It's a MASSIVE relief when you see that message (or bitter disappoint if you don't :D I did get to the blast doors once with not enough time, then had to go back!). You'll be happy to hear things get much easier from then on.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Cheers,
I think I am rushing myself to much then as I have about 6:45 left by that checkpoint. Lying down seems to work wonders, I have been doing it like he suggested however that door he sayd to wait at, I have had 4 people run out at once at me. Maybe the use of flashbangs alerts more of them to me.

I notice he didn't reach a checkpoint?

Wow just found out theres no split-screen online, considering it works fine in vs theres no performance issue excuse and so there really is no excuse at all as far as i can see, add that to the already short play time and its become quite a let down, bit pathetic really, lucky i got to try a friends copy and didn't buy it myself though. :rolleyes:

I agree with this point, seems lazy really :(

This game would be far too easy with Co-op even on veteran.

Unless of course they had no respawning, so when you die thats it until your mate hits a checkpoint or dies too. Just look how easy halo becomes on Legendary when you take turns to weaken the enemy characters, when you die you just come back to life next to your mate who is sat back from the action.

Done it, easy when lying down. Flew through the rest of the game.

Now just to do Mile High! Seems damn hard.

Arcade mode looks good fun too

Back
Top Bottom