Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Headshot only on veteran.. almost put my controller through my screen!

When I first practised this level on 'recruit' I kept hitting the hostage instead, but it would allow me to retry immediately (basically takes you back to the point where you withdraw the pistol in slow-motion). Got the terrorist on attempt#6 or so. I don't suppose it gives you multiple attempts on Veteran level (?)

no check points. you have to be virtually perfect all the way through, it feels impossible. All i can say is you need to lay dwon when the hull breaches. Other than that flash and run. only kill the guys in your way.. You have to rely on your rubbish squad to clean behind you. I got there 3 times and messed up the rescue. Headshot only on veteran.. almost put my controller through my screen!

Yeah the first two times I got to the hostage I killed him :(

Wow just found out theres no split-screen online, considering it works fine in vs theres no performance issue excuse and so there really is no excuse at all as far as i can see, add that to the already short play time and its become quite a let down, bit pathetic really, lucky i got to try a friends copy and didn't buy it myself though. :rolleyes:

There is a performance issue when you're connected from one box online against lots of other people though.
The playtime isn't really that short, certainly not if you play it in Veteran mode, which is fantastic anyway. I'd rather have a short but sweet game over a long, average game, so Call of Duty 4 filled that criteria.

It would be nice to have a second player with you for online matches. The teamwork it created in Halo3 was excellent, so it should have worked even better for CoD4.

Ah well.

Loving this online, absolutely amazing. Takes me back to the old days of CS/Battlefield.

However, not progressing too quickly. Had 2 hours playtime and am only at level 10. Any tips for progressing faster? Would obviously like some extra weapons which can't be unlocked until 30+ so keen to get there. Any tips or tricks to speed the process up somewhat?

Strangely the M4 Carbine which is unlocked at level 10 seems far worse than the M16 that is unlocked by default at level 1. I am going by the bar charts when you use "create a class" but it doesn't make sense. I am using the laser sight which makes the M16 so much better but it does seem a far superior weapon in terms of accuracy/damage. Am I missing something?

There is a performance issue when you're connected from one box online against lots of other people though.

That's not the case for anyone with a half decent connection, ill also remind you that the servers in most/all 360 games are hosted by the users which with an average of 8 to 16 players possibly connected its a fair bit for many broadband connections to handle anyway and in my experience most games have ran good, cod3 could even support up to 24, theres no difference between say 4 people playing from one box than there is 4 separate people playing, the same sort of bandwidth is used I imagine but its just that its coming from one connection.

The playtime isn't really that short, certainly not if you play it in Veteran mode, which is fantastic anyway. I'd rather have a short but sweet game over a long, average game, so Call of Duty 4 filled that criteria.

I don't doubt its quality but at around 5 hours on average its still considerably short by most standards.

Do people really want a split-screen / online option? I can't think of anything that would annoy me more than playing on half a screen, online.

Huh what sort of question is that? I've never understood this sort of thinking from some people, it really doesn't hurt to have the option and considering its already there in vs theres no reason not to have an unranked online option as well for those who do enjoy gaming with friends in the same room, usually on large tv's or projectors. :D

That's not the case for anyone with a half decent connection, ill also remind you that the servers in most/all 360 games are hosted by the users which with an average of 8 to 16 players possibly connected its a fair bit for many broadband connections to handle anyway and in my experience most games have ran good, cod3 could even support up to 24, theres no difference between say 4 people playing from one box than there is 4 separate people playing, the same sort of bandwidth is used I imagine but its just that its coming from one connection.
I never said anything about Internet connection.

I don't doubt its quality but at around 5 hours on average its still considerably short by most standards.
It takes a lot LOT longer on Veteran than Recruit difficulty. I know, I've completed it on both. (Veteran first, then Recruit).

However, not progressing too quickly. Had 2 hours playtime and am only at level 10. Any tips for progressing faster? Would obviously like some extra weapons which can't be unlocked until 30+ so keen to get there. Any tips or tricks to speed the process up somewhat?

Complete challenges.

I am late into this game & the thread but i wanted to mention it just in case knowone else has.
A wider angle view is possible by editing the FOV to 80 instead of the Default 65. A bit less letterbox with this tweak. I used it last night without any kicking going on.

Definitely, go into your barracks and look at what challenges you have then do them.

Also play HQ and S&D games for more points.

Yeah the HQ games seem to be a lot easier for points. I was playing a tiny tiny map and racked up over 250+ points which is the most I had ever got in 1 round.

The challenges seem to add a lot of extra XP. Been doing the M16 ones and am onto Expert III where I have to get 150 kills for 1000XP, currently on 90 something.

Football has been cancelled tomorrow morning so a whole day of COD4 and a lie in instead, woooo!

I am late into this game & the thread but i wanted to mention it just in case knowone else has.
A wider angle view is possible by editing the FOV to 80 instead of the Default 65. A bit less letterbox with this tweak. I used it last night without any kicking going on.

Huh? Where is the option for this? :confused:

Huh? Where is the option for this? :confused:

*WARNING*
Back up BEFORE you do this, I take No responsibility I only pass on what i am Actually using myself.

There is No option.

You can either type the following command in your console (you enter the console by hitting the tilde "~" key) as follows:

/cg_fov 80

Or, you can permanently set this in your config_mp.cfg file which is located in the: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Playername directory, by typing:

/seta cg_fov "80"

Credit to Bash & Slash though :)

Back
Top Bottom