Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
Caporegime
Stuck on no fighting in war room now. Got threw it well fast then died.

So annoying with no check points. Killing the tanks on the level before was easy though, theres a javelin ontop of the building. Dont go thru the gate and run to the left. Easy

Caporegime
You need to get to the stairs in 7.30 minutes. Grenade launcher is your friend. The next CP is after the box room, you have to clear that by 5minutes. You then have to get to the doors by 3 minutes.

If you dont make it, it wont checkpoint.

Ah nice, I'll try that next time i have some single player

Associate
Yeah those checkpoints in War Room took me a while, but even with those that level is nowhere near as annoying as that blummin' ferris wheel level!
.. But the relief when you get to the War Room blast doors and see "Checkpoint Reached" is MASSSSSIVE!! :D (on Veteran level, not the lesser beginner levels :p )

Soldato
Only playing on regular but didn't find the ferris wheel that difficult. Didn't hide, practically stayed in the 1 spot crouched next to the injured guy.

Caporegime
Only playing on regular but didn't find the ferris wheel that difficult. Didn't hide, practically stayed in the 1 spot crouched next to the injured guy.

Lol, try it on veteran. There is no cover and you get shot pretty much instantly whenever you are in open spaces

Soldato
Fair enough, don't have the patience, time or dedication personally. Have thoroughly enjoyed it on regular and it has been quite a challenge in places still.

Caporegime
Anyway I may be up for some MP at some point when I get my new Sound setup sorted in the coming week since Im sick of having to play it on Very low volume :(

Trust me it's frustrating getting killed every 5 seconds to start with but once you level up and get used to the game types it's a very good game.

Your accuracy is good is these types of games so you should do well. Its great when you get 6 of us on too as you make up one complete half of the room so you dont have to put up with any colonials.

Soldato
Not tried multi-player yet, I've only done a few campaign missions so far, but I got fed up because I cant stand doing it with the sound turned right down (otherwise I get moaned at for the noise because of the explosions)

So I am hoping to get a decent pair of headphones before I dive back into it again, but its all being held up because I am waiting for some questions to be answered before I buy anything (which is taking ages...)

But on another note grenading myself is a serious problem because of Halo 3's controls :p

Caporegime
Lol yeah going between COD4 and Halo can get very confusing, especially as the melee controls are different too.

Agreed on the sound, its crap playing it quiet. Plus surround sound really helps you know where you are being fired from as well as hearing the grenades rattling around your feet.

Associate
Just finished on veteran.. Mile high took me almost 4 hours on it's own!!
What a rewarding and frustrating game. I loved it and hated it! The bit when your mate falls over after cutting the fence made me chuckle. Even the on the rails back of the truck shooting was a welcome relif after getting through silo! 9.5 out of 10 for me. Halo 3 was pure boredom compared to this.

Associate
Just finished on veteran.. Mile high took me almost 4 hours on it's own!!

Well done on that. I finished on Vet but can't do MHC.. don't think I need the stress to be honest. The only other achievement I need is the one for doing the cargo ship mockup in <20s. I keep getting 21s :( and now I'm getting tired of hearing Price say "replace any flaashbangs you've used", "equip your MP5" over and over again

Soldato
anyone been getting server errors on this in past couple days? i am always getting connection timed out from server errors,i dont think its my connection because i can hear everyone complaining on there mics when it happends.

Soldato
anyone been getting server errors on this in past couple days? i am always getting connection timed out from server errors,i dont think its my connection because i can hear everyone complaining on there mics when it happends.

been getting lots of them just thought it was my bad connection :( well gone from rank 1 to 27 in 5 hours lol love this game

Caporegime
Well done on that. I finished on Vet but can't do MHC.. don't think I need the stress to be honest. The only other achievement I need is the one for doing the cargo ship mockup in <20s. I keep getting 21s :( and now I'm getting tired of hearing Price say "replace any flaashbangs you've used", "equip your MP5" over and over again

On MHC are there any checkpoints? I watched my housemate do it on his profile. Only on Normal though and it took him a few attempts

Associate

:D Cheers. 19 secs for me.. that took ages to get. I just get thick with these things.."I will not be defeated!!!"

Associate
On MHC are there any checkpoints? I watched my housemate do it on his profile. Only on Normal though and it took him a few attempts

no check points. you have to be virtually perfect all the way through, it feels impossible. All i can say is you need to lay dwon when the hull breaches. Other than that flash and run. only kill the guys in your way.. You have to rely on your rubbish squad to clean behind you. I got there 3 times and messed up the rescue. Headshot only on veteran.. almost put my controller through my screen!

Back
Top Bottom