** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Soldato
Tempted to get this as I really like the sort of post apocalyptic theme and Battlefield 4 just doesn't interest me as I have 3 already. Don't own any CoD games any more though so it's a toss up between with a BLOPS 2 which from what I played on the free weekends is actually very good. This sounds like an awful port, even though it was probably built up alongside the console versions to be an actual PC game. IW always seem to mess up the PC versions, Treyarch on the other hand make the best.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
thing with aimassit and the joypad isnt that big a deal. its often in many fps games but disabled. goin cfg bf3 has it for eg.

also you go play cod on pc with a joypad ;) negitive city :D

Associate
Found this on Cdkeys.com for £28.99 and used the facebook code for 5% off which made it £27. Downloading the MP now which is 24.4GB, can the MP run on it's own without the SP Download. If so I will download the SP later on after playing MP?

Tom

Soldato
A few tips for better performance.

Set priority back to normal, on high its a mess, disable any additional gpu's, disable anything which has on overlay and most importantly, set your screen ratio to your actual ratio.

Wrt buying it on next gen console, PS4 runs this at 1080p but XBox1 only at 720p :eek:

This is what really annoys me, today's technology is far more advanced than previous years, yet people still have to turn their high performance hardware down to be able to play a game :(

Soldato
This is what really annoys me, today's technology is far more advanced than previous years, yet people still have to turn their high performance hardware down to be able to play a game :(

You don't have to turn any ingame settings down, you can run it on max. The fix for multiple gpu's won't be far off.

Associate
So I'm guessing things to try to fix the stuttering and terrible performance of this brand new game (lol) are latest beta drivers ? Anything else to try? I've manaually reduced every setting to low and it still sucks. My laptop should hardly be struggling on this with everything reduced!

Associate
thing with aimassit and the joypad isnt that big a deal. its often in many fps games but disabled. goin cfg bf3 has it for eg.

also you go play cod on pc with a joypad ;) negitive city :D

Been playing it with a pad fine and been positive k/d most games, must just be better than you ;)

Soldato
So if I turn 'Image Quality' down to 'high' from 'extra' the game runs fine without any stuttering but the game looks AWFUL. Everything is blurry and actually gives me a headache

Associate
Why the **** does this require 6GB of system memory. Now I've gotta go and buy some more as I've only got 4GB. It must be 10 years since I've had a "your system doesn't have enough memory to run this game" message :D

Man of Honour
So if I turn 'Image Quality' down to 'high' from 'extra' the game runs fine without any stuttering but the game looks AWFUL. Everything is blurry and actually gives me a headache

Also make sure you manually change the aspect ratio to suit your resolution.

Otherwise the game just upscales 720p textures.

Soldato
Done all of the above and the last thing that I changed down was the 'Image Quality' which is what finally made it stable. It really is horrible to look at now

Man of Honour
I can't get on with this game.

Loads of players are either wall hacking or have some kind of sound tweaks or something.

Because every kill cam I watch they all knew exactly where I was.

Yet I play with a pair of Sennheiser 350 headphones and I don't get anywhere near the sound detail required to pin point players exact locations.

The other issue is the FOV and the way the game seems to place everyone in a different time zone. Every kill cam is the same, I know I get off enough rounds to kill someone, but the kill cam shows me never getting a shot off.

I'm literally getting raped in almost every round.

I know I'm not exactly pro, but in all previous COD's I'd average around the 1.6-1.8 K/D ratio.

Very frustrating.

Associate
I asked the question of how it played in SD and did anyone see a future for it in match play which seems to have gone unanswered.

From what Im reading though. Its the same old run and gun tdm or ffa rubbish. I shouldnt have expected any different. CoD now seems to stand for cash on demand for Activision.

Associate
I can't get on with this game.

Loads of players are either wall hacking or have some kind of sound tweaks or something.

I guess you're using a soundcard? I've been finding it quite easy to pinpoint people. There's a perk that increases sound of other players footsteps. Might want to try that.

As for the lag issues, it's hard to say without any ping indication but no problems here.

Associate
From what Im reading though. Its the same old run and gun tdm or ffa rubbish. I shouldnt have expected any different. CoD now seems to stand for cash on demand for Activision.

I don't get what people expect from a fps when playing tdm/ffa. Of course it's gona be run and gun. Then on the other hand, you get at least 1 person every game complaining about campers...

Play something like search & rescue and it's different gameplay. Really enjoying the new twist.

Back
Top Bottom