** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Associate
Played the game for the first time tonight, installed last night but couldn't get the game to install from the disks so I just let steam do its thing, damn annoying, anyway I tried the game max settings, runs fine but had to turn off my xfire as others have said as its a stutterfest!
Multiplayer gfx are a bit cartoony but it plays well enough, I bought the game to run and gun and it should suffice as I bought BF4 for team fun.
I can understand people having problems but apart from not being able to run my 2 cards, I think its ok.

Man of Honour
I guess you're using a soundcard? I've been finding it quite easy to pinpoint people. There's a perk that increases sound of other players footsteps. Might want to try that.

As for the lag issues, it's hard to say without any ping indication but no problems here.

Using the perks that silence me and amplify enemy.

It's a bit better, but I don't get the positional accuracy I got from MW2.

Since there's only one audio option in the game, then there's not a lot else I can do.

FOV is now the biggest handicap, they really need to add a slider to the options or at least confirm we can use a third party hack without the fear of being banned.

Associate

Top right is how many Squad Points I have left to use to unlock new things but I can't find for the life of me, where it shows how many points I've got left to use on equipment that I have already unlocked. As in, how many points I've got left to select more perks etc

The squad points are purely there to unlock new things (squads, guns, attachments etc). Perks can be purchased using squad points or unlocked through leveling. Once you have unlocked it you can use it.
It uses that pool of squad points for almost everything (gun camos / character customization and badge bits being unlocked via achievements instead).
From what I can tell you can amass unlimited squad points over time (operations reset every 2 weeks or so and leveling awards some), so if you wanted you could eventually have it all :)

Personally finding the game fun at the moment and pretty much what I expected from a cod title.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not playing this utter tripe with that FOV been using FOV tool and really could not give a monkeys if it gets banned its unplayable without it as it makes me feel sick.

Soldato
Just tried Ghost's runs perfectly fine with my new R9 290 Pro with everything maxed out on 1920 x 1080 res. But its looks so dated compared to BF4 on my computer.

Associate
I might be missing something here but the game plays great on my system on the highest settings. Never had a problem installing it or playing it. I'm really enjoying the game.

Man of Honour
/facepalm

Why is it face palm?

That's how it's felt when I've been playing the game.

I'm not some cry baby noob who's getting owned because I can't play. I've been playing online shooters for years and although I'm not pro, I can normally hold my own. My experience so far has been exactly as I descrbed it.

And for the record, I haven't accused anyone of hacking. I was using the term to best describe how it looks when I watched the kill cam.

I've also said later on in the thread that now I've got the relevant perks, it's seems to be a lot better.

Associate
Why is it face palm?

That's how it's felt when I've been playing the game.

I'm not some cry baby noob who's getting owned because I can't play. I've been playing online shooters for years and although I'm not pro, I can normally hold my own. My experience so far has been exactly as I descrbed it.

And for the record, I haven't accused anyone of hacking. I was using the term to best describe how it looks when I watched the kill cam.

I've also said later on in the thread that now I've got the relevant perks, it's seems to be a lot better.

CoD is just a game of patterns (in term of spawn design)
Try learning the patterns and you will be able to pre aim around certain areas that will gain you the upper hand. I get accused of being a hacker all the time because of this and it's what I always try to teach other people.

You could have the best aim on the planet but if you aren't thinking a few steps ahead then you will be left behind.

Soldato
CoD is just a game of patterns (in term of spawn design)
Try learning the patterns and you will be able to pre aim around certain areas that will gain you the upper hand. I get accused of being a hacker all the time because of this and it's what I always try to teach other people.

You could have the best aim on the planet but if you aren't thinking a few steps ahead then you will be left behind.

+1

Learn map, learn routes, learn spawns, then revel in being called a hacker :p

Had to change my character after ranking up and unlocking stuff so went back to rank 1 and carried on playing, the amount of rage I recieved, priceless.

Associate
+1

Learn map, learn routes, learn spawns, then revel in being called a hacker :p

Had to change my character after ranking up and unlocking stuff so went back to rank 1 and carried on playing, the amount of rage I recieved, priceless.

Just to add I've found Ghosts to be a little bit more difficult to predict at times compared to previous Call of Duty's.
Firstly there is a lack of a decent UAV unless your team is on it and coordinated.

Secondly the spawn system in Ghosts is all over the place compared to older versions where it was a case of team A spawning here and team B spawning across from them.

A general rule of thumb is this. If your team are all grouped up on one side of the map, then please help yourself and get away from them and search other areas. I always play as far away from team mates as possible in order to catch enemies off guard. I know it doesn't suit everyone's play style but try playing with silenced guns and radar immunity perks. Being invisible is a huge upper hand and people who are silly enough to have unsilenced weapons are easy prey!

Soldato
Well at my age 58 l just get stuck in and enjoy myself, run/gun and stop for a breather as my legs arn't what they use be.:(

Its great when the hand bags start flying as young ego's can't handle getting beat in the game from good players, its a good laugh.:D

Associate
I managed to sort me Blurryness out! It was the Image Quality set to High and not Extra

And what a difference it has made! The game finally looks pretty decent and playable

Man of Honour
Well at my age 58 l just get stuck in and enjoy myself, run/gun and stop for a breather as my legs arn't what they use be.:(

Its great when the hand bags start flying as young ego's can't handle getting beat in the game from good players, its a good laugh.:D

Well at 44 I try to keep my handbag in check. But I'll throw the odd childish quip in now and again.

Back
Top Bottom