Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Same. Voice comms is a bit gonads too. Me and a friend have party chat on instead of full lobby but both seem to keep breaking in and out
Voice chat is awful in this game and I can’t understand why. MW19 / Warzone has great quality in game chat but this game is pretty awful, we end up just using Discord / PlayStation party chat now.

Cannot launch CoD Modern Warfare 2.
Clicking play restarts my PC.
Thought it might be the new RAM but still the same with the old stuff switched back.
Seems a known issue as there seems many possible workarounds none have worked for me though.
Refunded the Steam version and tried the Battle.net same issues refunded that as well.

Voice chat is awful in this game and I can’t understand why. MW19 / Warzone has great quality in game chat but this game is pretty awful, we end up just using Discord / PlayStation party chat now.
Can Playstaion people use Discord somehow, e.g. through a mobile app or something? I expect it's one of the things that will be sorted in the coming weeks before Warzone 2 as many wont be using voice chat in MW2 multiplayer. When Warzone lands, the comms will need to be sorted.

Can Playstaion people use Discord somehow, e.g. through a mobile app or something? I expect it's one of the things that will be sorted in the coming weeks before Warzone 2 as many wont be using voice chat in MW2 multiplayer. When Warzone lands, the comms will need to be sorted.

We use discord or the Xbox voice chat that's built into the app if my console mate is in our squad.

Yeah, the mobile app for Discord is pretty decent. We all just take it turns between using the Discord mobile app or the PlayStation mobile app - then it's just a case of earphones underneath headphones when playing! Does the job for now although we've always previously used game chat as it was fine on previous COD games (although a bit ropey on Black Ops).

I think you're right, it'll definitely need to be adjusted when WZ2 lands otherwise it'll mean more and more use party chat / Discord and less are in game chat resulting in less death comms / proxy chat etc.

4 games this morning, 2 CTD.
Must be your machine / installation / drivers, similar to @Kronos.

I've had about 10 matches this morning, all worked perfectly.

The only problems i've had since launch;

Flickering on the new Nvidia drivers, which I reverted to resolve and now on 526.61.
Two instances of server problems with latency 999, I could see people dropping so left.
Voice comms is bit rubbish, expect they are working on that and will be sorted within a week

Last edited:
Yeah, the mobile app for Discord is pretty decent. We all just take it turns between using the Discord mobile app or the PlayStation mobile app - then it's just a case of earphones underneath headphones when playing! Does the job for now although we've always previously used game chat as it was fine on previous COD games (although a bit ropey on Black Ops).

I think you're right, it'll definitely need to be adjusted when WZ2 lands otherwise it'll mean more and more use party chat / Discord and less are in game chat resulting in less death comms / proxy chat etc.

They'll need to sort it ASAP, before everyone sacks it off and moves to the likes of Discord or something else. In the process now of inviting Playstation mates to Discord who havent used it before.
Proxy chat should be interesting, but if people use other chat programs outside of Warzone then it'll make it pointless

40+ games and 0 CTD
Had 0 since launch in multiplayer and had well over 100 games now (is there a ways to see your stats like in MW2019?)
The only CTD I had was playing campaign on the pre amsterdam level, the first time swimming. When I died, it would attempt to load the autosave and crashed. Past that point of the game though it was ok

Must be your machine / installation / drivers, similar to @Kronos
Thats odd given the amount of 'Fixes' for this issue and every other game without testing all 350 games I own working just fine.
No idea what you mean buy installation I did nothing different with this game.
Drivers are up to date.

Interesting. I'll remove my undervolt and see if that is the cause.
I tried undervolting my 3080 when playing Warzone a year or so ago, had two crashes mid game. Removed undervolt and no crashes. Other games seemed to work fine with the undervolt I had but Warzone / MW2019 specifically must really spike the GPU usage to a point where if it need volts and they are not there, your computer just crashes to desktop or in my case just flat shutdown!

Similar with my 5800X, changed a few PBO settings and game crashed.

I find running a stock GPU and CPU is just easier. My 3600Mhz C16 RAM is running 3800 C14, 1900IF though. It's been heavily tested in Karhu, Memtest 5 Extreme1@anta777 and MemTest64

Interestingly the in game voice comms are much better today. We setup discord and a friend on PS5 joined on his phone, decided to try in game comms instead.
Had 5 random games of party chat only and it worked perfeclty. Both had a ping of 7 - 9, no crashes or anything.

Gun wise im levelling up the Kastov 545 / AK105

Some info on gun names and why they are not real names. Its California's fault!

How do you party up in game with players who are split between Battle net and Steam?
You need to have them as friends in game.
Appear offline seems to not work. I selected appear offline, people can still join my games. Privacy issue surely?
I looked for this today and saw plenty of people saying it does not work.

looks like they finally decided to give 10 double XP tokens to all that pre ordered the vault edition
Yep, they've just appeared for me in game. The double weapon XP ones will be great for rattling through these dodgy battle rifles.

It's good of them to do, bit of a free-win PR wise considering it wasn't all that clear that you would only get them by pre-ordering via the in-game stores in Warzone or Vanguard.

Back
Top Bottom