Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Why would you want aim assist? If the software was aiming for me I would not feel like I was playing the game.

I remember seeing an aim assist option in a single player game before, it was on by default and it was horrible, it moves the crossair for you! It feels like you're not in control.

Have you played with a mouse as well? Does it not feel substantially different than the software aiming for you? I haven't used aim assist on ages so maybe it's better balanced now but it must feel unnatural sometimes? Does it not feel like the computer is moving the crossfire for you? I don't get why anyone would ever want that when they're playing a game?
I guess the obvious answer is ‘To make it easier to kill people’

Me too. Aim assist has been around for years in PC games. I thinks its only recently been available in multiplayer crossplay games to give controller players a chance.

Some of my friends on controllers (and console) turn it off as they hate it. Other use it but on the weakest session

Last edited:
I guess the obvious answer is ‘To make it easier to kill people’

Me too. Aim assist has been around for years in PC games. I thinks its only recently been available in multiplayer crossplay games to give controller players a chance.

Some of my friends on controllers (and console) turn it off as they hate it. Other use it but on the weakest session

A chance? lol ya I think a full up aim bot is more than giving them a "chance".

Yeh, of course its OP. I know it is but its available to everyone so fair I guess. Not so fair on K&M players
There should just be a controller only / K&M only / mixed control method option
I think this is the only way to really address it. Cross-play has really been the best and worst thing for gaming in the last few years.

It's been great to play with friends across all platforms and especially great during the covid lockdowns - but it seems to just now cause more and more toxicity across the board. Console players assuming that everyone on PC is cheating, controller players backing out from M&K lobbies, M&K players thinking aim assist is an aimbot.

We could potentially look at Apex/OW2 style match making, console only but if playing with a PC player it goes into that full mixed pool - but maybe adjusting that 'console only' to input based?

I played against someone who had God mode enabled nobody could kill him on Invasion, I first thought it was my connection but then I see big group shooting at him and nothing happening.
There is a glitch that if you have a riot shield and get shot by a VTOL it enables god mode.

I had one hacker who was locking onto people before they even turned a corner. Very annoying.

I've seen a few people using the riot shield glitch.

Only reported one player outside of that who I thought was actually hacking. He was tracking through walls but appeared to be toggling it on/off as I presume he didn't want to rage hack so early on.

Most will be waiting for Warzone 2 when you can just keep creating free accounts :(

I've seen some very good players and I can see why some of the older folk will get frustrated and think way more people are cheating than really are. You need very good reaction times if you play close quarters. A good player will still outscore someone who's soft toggling something like an ESP. This is where the issue is as it's more difficult to notice and get reports in against them. Anyone rage hacking with an aimbot etc isn't going to last long.

Last edited:
I've seen a few people using the riot shield glitch.

Only reported one player outside of that who I thought was actually hacking. He was tracking through walls but appeared to be toggling it on/off as I presume he didn't want to rage hack so early on.

Most will be waiting for Warzone 2 when you can just keep creating free accounts :(

I've seen some very good players and I can see why some of the older folk will get frustrated and think way more people are cheating than really are. You need very good reaction times if you play close quarters. A good player will still outscore someone who's soft toggling something like an ESP. This is where the issue is as it's more difficult to notice and get reports in against them. Anyone rage hacking with an aimbot etc isn't going to last long.
I got called a cheater for the first time this morning on mw2. 5.50kd (22/4)

Free for all at Taraq. Taq 56, FFS Hurrican combo with snapshots and drill charge. Double time, fast hand high alert.
I certainly wasnt cheating. The new (imo improved) movement mechanics are certainly more my style. Maybe the SBMM wasnt quite working right for that match because im usually about 1.25kd in the top 5

There should be a mode/option to turn off killstreaks. Maybe an iron sight only mode too. Take it back to ‘rifles only’ MOHAA days

Back
Top Bottom