Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
What does everyone make of the 'take' and 'stowing' system?

Its really going to slow the game down for many people as they decide if they want to carry.
It'll mean a totally different game as you can now carry ~10 grenades / lethals instead of armour and other items

What's the point in the 3 armour vest if after you collect it you can put in another plate, but then drop it and your 3 plates stay in. Seems it just takes up space unless im missing something

Associate
What does everyone make of the 'take' and 'stowing' system?

Its really going to slow the game down for many people as they decide if they want to carry.
It'll mean a totally different game as you can now carry ~10 grenades / lethals instead of armour and other items

What's the point in the 3 armour vest if after you collect it you can put in another plate, but then drop it and your 3 plates stay in. Seems it just takes up space unless im missing something
Way faster on mouse and keyboard than controller, that's for sure.

Still a bit unsure on what to make of it but overall had a few fun games. DMZ is a bit odd, managed to get the mission complete to unlock the M13 though which was good to do - although I did lose a few items that weren't 'insured' which definitely made it feel a bit more risk vs. reward. And just like Tarkov you get the absolute gremlins that don't do anything all game but wait by the exfil areas to try and cheese.

Soldato
Also just found out when you pick up a full sachel / backpack, you go from carrying 6 items to 10 items including another weapon!.
This totally changes gameplay too. Now you can carry an SMG, AR and Sniper / Rocket / Other.
Awesome but does change gameplay somewhat

Standard
GHRotL7h.jpg

Sachel / bigger backpack
iderMCIh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like a nightmare for game balancing
Yeh, should be fun. Could designate each squad member for a task. One just to carry 30 plates, the other just lethals and one for ammo :)
Either way, its way more tactical that MW2019 as you'll need to think about what to carry when to stow or just 'take' what to drop or keep. It completely changes the game, or I suppose you can just play as before and run around with a couple of guns and shoot people not bothering to look in your backpack at all

Last edited:
Associate
i did get one game about 12:30 last night. it ran ok, but the key to put the armour on didnt work which was frustrating. It occasionally didnt work in warzone 1 either. i use the arrow keys with the buttons around it (full size keyboard) so i guess that isnt tested as much as the usual wasd. i kind of wish i just used wsad like everyone else, but i dont think i can change now, i use the mouse inverted too :rolleyes:

Soldato
i did get one game about 12:30 last night. it ran ok, but the key to put the armour on didnt work which was frustrating. It occasionally didnt work in warzone 1 either. i use the arrow keys with the buttons around it (full size keyboard) so i guess that isnt tested as much as the usual wasd. i kind of wish i just used wsad like everyone else, but i dont think i can change now, i use the mouse inverted too :rolleyes:
Lol. I thought that (I thought my keybinds had broken)
You need a 3 vest armour jack first to be able to put in the 3rd plate. Once you have the 3 plate vest and have put the armour in you can drop the 3 plate vest

Last edited:
Associate
Also just found out when you pick up a full sachel / backpack, you go from carrying 6 items to 10 items including another weapon!.
This totally changes gameplay too. Now you can carry an SMG, AR and Sniper / Rocket / Other.
Awesome but does change gameplay somewhat

Standard
GHRotL7h.jpg

Sachel / bigger backpack
iderMCIh.jpg

Surely though, if you have a sniper rifle in a bag, you'd have to completely assemble it once in position? or have movies lied to me all these years? :D

Soldato
Surely though, if you have a sniper rifle in a bag, you'd have to completely assemble it once in position? or have movies lied to me all these years? :D
Pretty huge bag to carry an LMG or rocket launcher! Surely everyone would carry their 2 primaries and an RPG.
I didnt fill the extra weapon space as got killed but hopefully it can only be for a pistol / small melee item

Last edited:
Associate
I played a game of DMZ. I had 2 random team mates and I killed 22 AI and extracted via a helicopter which I think a team mate called in.

I was prompted to go pick up a radiation Geiger counter or something, but when I got to the bench it was not there, but the prompt kept sending me to it.

The AI are pretty simple but arrive in large groups so I think players will struggle if approaching this solo. I got knocked and revived 3 times.

Last edited:
Soldato
Proxy chat brings new strategy too! I was near two guys talking to them, we arranged to meet at a nearby chopper and go for a spin. Got in and of course one of them shot us both within 10 seconds

Associate
Lol. I thought that (I thought my keybinds had broken)
You need a 3 vest armour jack first to be able to put in the 3rd plate. Once you have the 3 plate vest and have put the armour in you can drop the 3 plate vest
oh really? that seems needlessly complicated. I'll try it again tonight.

i dont think it would have really mattered in my case... it was a solos game. i lost the first shootout because i didnt see the guy early enough. i won the gulag, but some campy git was hiding behind a door and got me. i came 76th... which is about right for BR, i'm a plunder man really

Soldato
I headshotted someone with the MCPR at around 8m distance last night, didn't down him because he had three plates. The guy ran off into a building jumped out the top floor window and clattered me on the way down.

Nearly snapped me controller in two. :D

WTF.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just don't see the point in battle royale games. Run around for ages can't find anyone to shoot, then you get shot in the back and are left to spectate the other players. It's so boring.

I guess it's only played by children and poor people who have no money.

Downloaded warzone 2 and uninstalled it 15 minutes later
I know what you mean. I would rather play than spectate so I always leave the game instead of spectating.

Had my first game of Warzone 2.0 this morning: landed and got a kill with the pistol, but his team-mates killed me in seconds. My team-mates had all ignored by orders and were miles away. In gulag, I killed my opponent but now there's two of them and the second one got me, game over. Several minutes loading, for maybe 60 seconds of a game, it's not worth it unless you've got a party of friends with you. Back to Multiplayer and Campaign for me! :)

Back
Top Bottom