Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Is anyone having issues with flickering in game on MW2 MP? It only used to happen to me in menus but haven't played for a couple of weeks, loaded it up tonight and have started to flicker in game. I've tried unlimited FPS, V-sync and custom frame rate at 200 FPS, all of which seem to produce the same results. I'm running a 6900xt and 7700x, monitor is 165 Hz.

Other than the custom frame rate I've kept the same settings I set 6 months ago and have had no issues since back then until today.

Last edited:
Aim assist by far craps all over kb&m in CQC. I rate myself a good player, but one bullet astray i've lost. its ridiculous how OP it is.
This.

If i'm toe to toe with a controller player, ive got no chance. I play mainly multiplayer. If im going into a small map and its primarily controller players, i know its going to be bad.

Bonus challenges still arent working. And the jumping is still getting on my nerves. I just wish it took itself more seriously.

If in the trailer for the game, Ghost, Price etc were slowly moving through a building. Clearing room by room, when suddenly Red power ranger, a guy in a white hoodie and a giant rat, all with golden guns with silly charms. All jump round a corner, some five feet in the air, yet with perfect aim and instantly kill everyone in the room... would anyone buy it?

I dont want a mil sim, but if they just dialed this down a bit, it would be less ridiculous to play. Yes you can jump around that corner, to make yourself difficult to hit, but you cant shoot properly until 100ms after youve landed. Something like that would make a big difference to how its played.

This.

If i'm toe to toe with a controller player, ive got no chance. I play mainly multiplayer. If im going into a small map and its primarily controller players, i know its going to be bad.

Bonus challenges still arent working. And the jumping is still getting on my nerves. I just wish it took itself more seriously.

If in the trailer for the game, Ghost, Price etc were slowly moving through a building. Clearing room by room, when suddenly Red power ranger, a guy in a white hoodie and a giant rat, all with golden guns with silly charms. All jump round a corner, some five feet in the air, yet with perfect aim and instantly kill everyone in the room... would anyone buy it?

I dont want a mil sim, but if they just dialed this down a bit, it would be less ridiculous to play. Yes you can jump around that corner, to make yourself difficult to hit, but you cant shoot properly until 100ms after youve landed. Something like that would make a big difference to how its played.
But it's COD, it's meant to be an arcade shooter. I think the game is worse with the changes they've made to jumping / movement, it's much slower paced as a result of it.

The ADS penalty when you jump and aim is ridiculous, removing bunny hopping is another change that just slows things down.

I totally understand that people want a slower paced more tactical shooter - but that's not what COD does or is.

But it's COD, it's meant to be an arcade shooter. I think the game is worse with the changes they've made to jumping / movement, it's much slower paced as a result of it.

The ADS penalty when you jump and aim is ridiculous, removing bunny hopping is another change that just slows things down.

I totally understand that people want a slower paced more tactical shooter - but that's not what COD does or is.
Yeah, maybe your right... i should try more games i guess. I just dont have time to "learn" another game.

Tried apex legends again the other day, i just cant get on with it. It seems far too complicated, though its not really i suppose, seems like loads of keys to remember. If i stuck with it i guess id get the hang of it.

So trying a new, more realistic shooter, sounds like quite a lot of work that i dont really have time for... what would you recommend?

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe your right... i should try more games i guess. I just dont have time to "learn" another game.

Tried apex legends again the other day, i just cant get on with it. It seems far too complicated, though its not really i suppose, seems like loads of keys to remember. If i stuck with it i guess id get the hang of it.

So trying a new, more realistic shooter, sounds like quite a lot of work that i dont really have time for... what would you recommend?

If you want realism Insurgency sandstorm is worth a look.

Yeah ive heard that a few times. Its been in my watch list on steam and has been on sale a few times, maybe i should get it next time. Loads of cheaters like cod though, so ive heard... i guess thats just a thing these days

It’s nowhere near as bad as Warzone. Ive not come across anyone obviously doing it but im
Sure it exists. The TTK is insanely fast 1 shot is generally enough.

Last edited:

Yeah, agree that Insurgency sandstorm is a great 'realistic' option. Otherwise, Dice have done a great job bringing BF 2042 back to being a pretty good game. It's not a 'realistic' FPS game by any means but there's a lot more teamwork and objective play required compared to COD.

You don't get as many people jumping (jumping makes your ADS move all over the place) or drop shotting (going prone takes you out of ADS temporarily).

The other option is sticking with COD and just sort of embracing that it has all of these nuances in the game and rolling with it. This MW2 game really frustrates me at times and other times I really enjoy it so the moment I find myself getting annoyed I just stop playing.

Played 4 games on new map and got 2 wins 14 kills on one and 11 on another. I'm not really that fussed about the new map its a bit rough for campers you need constant UAV's and airstrikes to get them off the roof tops

Something seemed 'off' tonight. As if the whole Vondel lobby was full of cheating sweat bags. A random question appeared, something like "based on your last game how enjoayble was it" I put the lowest.

SBMM seems broken and/or everyone is cheating.

Edit - Is Insurgency Sandstorm crossplay with PS4/PS5 and Xbox?

Last edited:
Hopefully someone can help. A number of times I go to a downed enemy player with a revive pistol, see the option "F" to revive, but when I press it I instead loot them. And I just cannot seem to revive them?

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I think there is a hold or press to distinguish between the two.

Last edited:
After numerous more games, I have to revoice that for me (& a group of my friends) if there was a PvE only option for DMZ it would be a revelation. What is currently a great experience is all too often just randomly spoiled by pointless toxic PvP; Players just sniping & killing others just for the giggles. Killing other players who are simply trying to do their own missions and not interested nor equipped for PvP etc. Ultimately, it's just not enjoyable being someone elses 'content'.

If I/we had to pay for a PvE mode and that simply meant the characters/assets/weapons/progress etc in PvE were fenced off from the existing PvP progress? Fine! Perfect!

Spoiled by pointless toxic PvP; Players just sniping & killing others just for the giggles. Killing other players who are simply trying to do their own missions and not interested nor equipped for PvP etc. Ultimately, it's just not enjoyable being someone elses 'content'.
I totally get that we all like different things - but this part here, to me, is mental to read in relation to a Call of Duty game.

It's like playing FIFA against another player and being annoyed that the other player/team is trying to score when you just want to complete a '5 passes without interception' challenge.

Perhaps a silly question, but what is so bad/wrong about playing against actual people in DMZ? That's part of the thrill of this mode, surely. If you come across an actual team, just shoot them and take their loot.

I totally get that we all like different things - but this part here, to me, is mental to read in relation to a Call of Duty game.

It's like playing FIFA against another player and being annoyed that the other player/team is trying to score when you just want to complete a '5 passes without interception' challenge.

Perhaps a silly question, but what is so bad/wrong about playing against actual people in DMZ? That's part of the thrill of this mode, surely. If you come across an actual team, just shoot them and take their loot.
Yes, there can be a thrill to it, but only if you're interested in competing. If you're not particularly interesting in PvP and would rather just do missions, and therefore, your approach, loadout and style of play just isn't aimed at PvP, then it's not a thrill at all to being wiped out for the giggles when all you're trying to do is some missions etc.

And you obviously get some teams who are very much interested in simply finding other teams and killing them, and it's a pain just being their game content. Or just encountering teams of players who are getting their kicks out of trolling players at Exfils for example.

I can just about tolerate it, although the toxic nature of it hard to stomach. But I have groups of friends who simply would not enjoy it. As such a fenced of PvE DMZ option would undoubtedly bring them into the game, even if it meant them paying etc.

Last edited:
Yes, there can be a thrill to it, but only if you're interested in competing. If you're not particularly interesting in PvP and would rather just do missions, and therefore, your approach, loadout and style of play just isn't aimed at PvP, then it's not a thrill at all to being wiped out for the giggles when all you're trying to do is some missions etc.

And you obviously get some teams who are very much interested in simply finding other teams and killing them, and it's a pain just being their game content. Or just encountering teams of players who are getting their kicks out of trolling players at Exfils for example.

I can just about tolerate it, although the toxic nature of it hard to stomach. But I have groups of friends who simply would not enjoy it. As such a fenced of PvE DMZ option would undoubtedly bring them into the game, even if it meant them paying etc.
Yeah, I don't know if I agree with you calling it 'toxic' or 'trolling' but I do totally understand the want to have a completely closed off experience without any PvP elements at all. I guess it's sort of what the old Spec Ops modes from older CoD games used to be.

I guess most of my friends that I've played with are all into a level of competitive with the games we play - and the one mate that I play with who doesn't enjoy that, we play a completely different game (F1 career vs. AI, Borderlands etc.)

Yeah, I don't know if I agree with you calling it 'toxic' or 'trolling' but I do totally understand the want to have a completely closed off experience without any PvP elements at all. I guess it's sort of what the old Spec Ops modes from older CoD games used to be.

I guess most of my friends that I've played with are all into a level of competitive with the games we play - and the one mate that I play with who doesn't enjoy that, we play a completely different game (F1 career vs. AI, Borderlands etc.)
I mean just this afternoon, at least twice I was just trying to kit up and get a couple of simple missions done to progress stuff. One time rammed and attacked by a car of players, shot, looted, left, done... The other time, pounced on at a Exfil, shot, looted, left done. And that's not to even mention the experience of just long range sniping for the giggles just to enjoy killing you for the lolz.

It's just not very fun for me at least spending 20mins trying to kit/level up to be killed for someone else's kicks.

I mean just this afternoon, at least twice I was just trying to kit up and get a couple of simple missions done to progress stuff. One time rammed and attacked by a car of players, shot, looted, left, done... The other time, pounced on at a Exfil, shot, looted, left done. And that's not to even mention the experience of just long range sniping for the giggles just to enjoy killing you for the lolz.

It's just not very fun for me at least spending 20mins trying to kit/level up to be killed for someone else's kicks.
But that's part of the mode so surely you have to accept the highs and lows of it? Otherwise the highs of an extraction shooter would just become the norm.

If all you were doing was dropping in, shooting 50 AI and extracting then you'd basically be playing the campaign.

I understand the frustration of spending 20 minutes doing your missions and not wanting to PvP but you're playing a mode that is designed to be both PVP and PVE so you're always going to get people that are more geared towards one element than the other.

It was the same with The Division's dark zone, players would go into that mode knowing that the high value loot would 100% attract other players and you would have to deal with that when it came to exfil. We just sort of rolled with the punches, sometimes you get a great session, other times you don't.

Back
Top Bottom