Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
So I've been having exactly the same errors. Only thing we have in common is the RTX 3080.

I've done everything (all my settings are stock), I've reinstalled Windows, fresh install of drivers, different driver versions, BIOS Firmware, removed XMPP profile on RAM and I still get C2D occasionally. It's that much of an annoyance, I've not played the game in roughly 4 months and first time I fired it up recently, it did the same thing again.

It's always the same event in eventvwr, that there's a driver issue and the nvidia drivers stop/start which causes it, but there appears to be no fix.

Every other game works fine, BF2042, Last of Us, CyberPunk all which are fairly intense graphics wise and none of the other games have any issues at all.
Helpful to hear. Thanks

Soldato
Well, the new update has made the game unplayable for me. Running at <30fps. With CPU and GPU all under 50% utilised. Some serious issue!

EDIT - rebooted and still borked

Here's me in the game...

Wwjn1YP.png

FPS around 30 while cpu and gpu hugely under utilitised. Before the update I was at my 75fps vsync limit.

Last edited:
Associate
Game is unplayable at the minute ! 2 issues going on with the 1st being GPU is underutilised which makes FPS lower than it should be but the 2nd and biggest issue is the frame time graph is all over the place and up and down like a yoyo which is what is making it feel terrible and unplayable until they fix it :rolleyes:

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-2022-Screenshot-2023-07-13-21-43-02-76.png

Soldato
Try capping the frame rate somewhere a bit lower and see if it helps with the frametimes - I play at 4K 120 and so it's normally capped at ~116 from nv reflex and game seems to be fine. I am using the 7800X3D and from what I have seen Intel CPUs seem to be affected worse than AMDs :p

Soldato
While testing in game bumped into another player who said he was encountering frames rate issues too. He has an NVidia and online he says there seemed to be other people likewise reporting issues.

I'll wait for a fix, because only having a 1070 I typically average about 60-75fps. But after the update I'm now getting around 30fps which is just too clunky.

ps: I noticed there were new NVidia drivers released about 2-3 weeks ago, which I installed but no real difference to the issue.

Last edited:
Associate
161fps and 41c GPU. Yes, very unplayable :D
The crazy thing is it is actually unplayable it ins current state not due to the FPS but the frame time inconsistency which make it feels about as good as 15fps , it really is that bad . Under the FPS number on the RTSS overlay is the Frame Time graph and that should be as straight as a ruler not something that resembles a saw blade :cry: . Frame time is king and what makes games feel smooth when it is actually consistent like MW2019 below , night and day difference in playability:D

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2019-Screenshot-2023-07-13-22-34-40-75.png

Last edited:
Associate
I've just noticed something , on my frame graph of MW2 with it showing 161fps it also shows a frame time of 4.9 ms which is not consistent with 161fps which should be 6.2ms ( 1000/161 = 6.2ms ) if the framerate was consistent , 4.9ms would indicated the frame rate was / should be 204FPS but it feels like neither of those figures and plays slide a slide show :rolleyes:

Associate
Had no issues with the update, locked at 140fps and no stutters with a 5800X3D + 4070 Ti. I used to get a lot of micro-stutters but lowering the video memory scale to 70% fixed it.

Soldato
The crazy thing is it is actually unplayable it ins current state not due to the FPS but the frame time inconsistency which make it feels about as good as 15fps , it really is that bad . Under the FPS number on the RTSS overlay is the Frame Time graph and that should be as straight as a ruler not something that resembles a saw blade :cry: . Frame time is king and what makes games feel smooth when it is actually consistent like MW2019 below , night and day difference in playability:D
I know what you mean. Microstutters are so annoying, 200fps or whatever but every so often the game will drop to 0fps for a millisecond.

Do you have nvidia low latency mode on off / on / ultra? Turn that cack off.
I noticed all low latency and 'game boost' settings have been removed from the Warzone 2 menu or have been at least removed recently in a patch maybe.

I personally use a 3090 Ti and 100Hz gsync monitor to cap FPS in Nvidia control panel to 97fps.
Gsync on, vsync on in NCP. Vsync off in game menu, uncapped fps in game menu.
My video memory scale is at 90% (but am using a 3090 ti, maybe the 24GB VRAM helps?)

I play at maxed settings, motion blur, dof off. 3440 x 1440

5800X3D
Both GPU and CPU are at stock settings. RAM at stock now too 3600Mhz C16.
I ran this before with my 5800X at 3800C14 but running stock with stock 5800X3D seems to run better - not any faster fps wise, slower in fact but it just feels smoother. The 3D cache must just like 3600C16. Seems easier and better to just let the system do what it wants at stock settings and not worry about overclocking / underclocking.

No issues recently, game runs 80-97fps most of the time but feels buttery smooth. I would be lieing if I said I didnt want a 4090 though to try and maintain 97fps all the time! £1500 for 20fps 2-5% of the time, no thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Had no issues with the update, locked at 140fps and no stutters with a 5800X3D + 4070 Ti. I used to get a lot of micro-stutters but lowering the video memory scale to 70% fixed it.
I’d be very surprised if that was true. The issue with performance is affecting every configuration. 4090s dropping below 100fps 1440p. Worst hit seems to be Vondel.

Soldato
It seems to affect AMD CPUs less or X3D chips at least, probably why @Guest2 isn't seeing it. I'm not getting the stutters or strange frame time spikes neither and I play capped at ~116 2160p.
Here's someone showing much better perf on his AMD setup than most are seeing but still worse than before the patch:

Soldato
It seems to affect AMD CPUs less or X3D chips at least, probably why @Guest2 isn't seeing it. I'm not getting the stutters or strange frame time spikes neither and I play capped at ~116 2160p.
Here's someone showing much better perf on his AMD setup than most are seeing but still worse than before the patch:
You can see the issue on his frametime graph and the fps counter at the top left. Standing still and the performance is all over the place.
The inconsistent frametime makes the fps feel even lower than what you are getting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom