Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
It wouldn't surprise me if Infinity ward are doing half of this intentionally. It seems Activision forced them to change a lot of stuff from their invisaged rebirthing of Modern warfare. Infinity ward were alwyas the better studio in my eyes. Maybe just nostalgic tinted glasses.

Edit: I like 'The boys' TV show, Not in COD though.

Last edited:
Soldato
It wouldn't surprise me if Infinity ward are doing half of this intentionally. It seems Activision forced them to change a lot of stuff from their invisaged rebirthing of Modern warfare. Infinity ward were alwyas the better studio in my eyes. Maybe just nostalgic tinted glasses.

Edit: I like 'The boys' TV show, Not in COD though.
No, you're correct. If I could go back to Modern Warfare and Warzone 1 in the early days, dropping in at train station I would.

That said, the new mechanics of Warzone 2 are better and i'm really enjoying the Vondel map. Ashika Island is great fun too.

Verdansk and rebirth island in the new engine... yes please!

Soldato
And I'm right in saying they've changed the game so enemy players can't revive you in DMZ?

I don't enjoy PvP in DMZ really, and was just about on the fence with it. The notion now, that you're even less likely to be revived when taken down by enemy players might just be the tipping point for me :(

Bad change!

Associate
I’d be very surprised if that was true. The issue with performance is affecting every configuration. 4090s dropping below 100fps 1440p. Worst hit seems to be Vondel.
I only play MW2 multiplayer not Warzone, I didn't check my frame time graph but it's smooth as butter, no frame drops and the fps counter is a steady 140.

Soldato
Just played some DMZ for the first time in about a month or two. That bounty thing is a bit naff, Highlights the sweats out for cannon fodder but I've just ran into a team of 6 just going from location to location steamrolling any teams that move. Just reminds me of griefing in GTA now. Not one of them below a level 600 either.

Soldato
One thing I have noticed it higher GPU temps - previously I would hover around 63c. Now its more like 73c (MSI Suprim X 3090 Ti@stock 535.98 drivers)

I'll monitor this next game, maybe its just the game menu that sending the temps through the roof

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I have noticed it higher GPU temps - previously I would hover around 63c. Now its more like 73c (MSI Suprim X 3090 Ti@stock 535.98 drivers)

I'll monitor this next game, maybe its just the game menu that sending the temps through the roof
Why would anyone not enable vsync at least in the menus? And then consider it in game too?

Soldato
Why would anyone not enable vsync at least in the menus? And then consider it in game too?
It is enabled - Vsync and gsync enable in NCP.

GPU temps are only in the lobby loading screen so limiting to 60fps resolves that.

Close 2nd in this Quads Vondel resurgence game. Most of the time its like this. Buttery smooth, no microstuttering
Very enjoyable game other than the stupid new super powers

yxNfcip.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think I've ever enabled gsync ever. I just limit it via menus in-game normally.

Going back to my earlier experience on DMZ, a friend who has a 3070(ti possibly) and recently upgraded motherboard and intel CPU was only getting 50 FPS dipping to 25fps.
Compared to my 195 dipping to lows of about 140fps. No idea how he has it setup in game and BIOS as he got someone to stick it together.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think I've ever enabled gsync ever. I just limit it via menus in-game normally.

Going back to my earlier experience on DMZ, a friend who has a 3070(ti possibly) and recently upgraded motherboard and intel CPU was only getting 50 FPS dipping to 25fps.
Compared to my 195 dipping to lows of about 140fps. No idea how he has it setup in game and BIOS as he got someone to stick it together.
Gsync is fantastic, ive set it on in NCP ever sinec I bought my Acer X34 monitor

Download and try the Nvidia Pendulum demo to see differences between gsync / vsync and off

Last edited:
Soldato
Gsync is fantastic, ive set it on in NCP ever sinec I bought my Acer X34 monitor

Download and try the Nvidia Pendulum demo to see differences between gsync / vsync and off
I just had a look for it but the download link on Nvidias page doesn't work. Will have a proper look later on.

Soldato
Of course it's not, this will take them ages to fix, dev team must be complete tools to release the patch in this state, let alone a bunch of superhero crap. I clicked the uninstall on this POS earlier today. Doubt i'll bother going back

If we're left with the new mod where players who kill you can't revive you, I may be in the same place... The notion that you're just in the game trying to do some missions/upgrades and bump into a superior team who kill you, and they can't even revive you just so you can carry on doing your missions/upgrades? And now this mod means - after ~20mins of play - you probably have to leave and restart with lost equipment too?

It's just a negative aspect of the game that's been needlessly ramped up for me at least :(

Last edited:
Associate
Did anyone else get locked out of the game yesterday until you added a phone number to your steam account? Bit weird that they would add a phone number requirement 8 months after the game released. It's not like it will make any difference whatsoever to the cheating problem, if someone can buy new hardware to evade a HWID ban then spending 5 minutes setting up a new pay as you go SIM isn't going to be an obstacle. Luckily I had a spare SIM to quickly set up a new number as they're not getting my main phone number.

Soldato
I think that's one of their ways to limit cheaters on free to play accounts but I doubt it is much of an obstacle. Regarding perf here's a Vondel game from this morning, didn't notice any stuttering:

Soldato
Of course it's not, this will take them ages to fix, dev team must be complete tools to release the patch in this state, let alone a bunch of superhero crap. I clicked the uninstall on this POS earlier today. Doubt i'll bother going back

Dont worry you can have some new skins whilst you wait

If more people voted with there wallet with Cod the better but they wont people buy it in the droves, they care about pumping out crappy skins and making money then fixing the game.

Back
Top Bottom