Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Played earlier and didn't see that once, this evening all the sweats are running it.
Not just sweats. Pistols can be used underwater (and on ladders) where as SMGs and other guns cannot.
Ideal for swimming around and killing people from underwater instead of having to surface to shoot (SMG, AR, LMG)
X13 is even being used quite a lot as provides enough firerate up close and can be used underwater, plus a pistol saves a perk (i usually switch to tracker to replace overkill) mainly run doubletime, tracker, fast hand, high alert on 2nd loadout. First I go doubletime, overkill, fast hands, high alert

Last edited:
Associate
Not just sweats. Pistols can be used underwater (and on ladders) where as SMGs and other guns cannot.
Ideal for swimming around and killing people from underwater instead of having to surface to shoot (SMG, AR, LMG)
X13 is even being used quite a lot as provides enough firerate up close and can be used underwater, plus a pistol saves a perk (i usually switch to tracker to replace overkill) mainly run doubletime, tracker, fast hand, high alert on 2nd loadout. First I go doubletime, overkill, fast hands, high alert
X13 and Basilisk are both banned in ranked now, basilisk was almost as bad as the snakeshots from WZ1.

Soldato
X13 and Basilisk are both banned in ranked now, basilisk was almost as bad as the snakeshots from WZ1.
Banned? As in you cant select them? They have their downsides like other guns
X13 is weak as hell after about 5 meters. Basilisk you need to hit shots otherwise you get killed quickly

Associate
Banned? As in you cant select them? They have their downsides like other guns
X13 is weak as hell after about 5 meters. Basilisk you need to hit shots otherwise you get killed quickly
Yeah, banned from being selected.

There's plenty of items banned in ranked, some are a little overkill and others are to remove an element of RNG. Bomb drones, riot shields, cluster mines are banned, for example.

Basilisk needed banning, it's a 2 shot at close range and it's not hard to hit your shots when it's akimbo + aim assist in this game.

Soldato
Anyone else getting this odd DMZ mission behaviour since the update last week? No countdown timer anymore, with "0s" in red just being displayed. And it seems over the last few days they're just ticked with nothing to do - Maybe not refreshing each day?

7PmXQYd.jpg

Right, everyday my Black Mous and White Lotus DMZ urgent missions change but are shown as ticked and not available for me to actually do. My reputation therefore cannot go up from doing these daily urgent missions now - https://www.reddit.com/r/DMZ/comments/14hezop/urgent_mission_says_already_completed/ - Quote:"I've always had one mission already completed, then it slowly went to two then three and for the last two day all 4 at 0sec and completed. The missions do change daily, I just can not do them."

Also, the Phalanx "Disarming Presence" mission seems seriously bugged. A pair of us tried repeatedly to do it last night, with us completing certain bits, only then on the next attempt for that completed/progress to be unticked and require doing again.

Last edited:

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
The game mode rotation on Ranked is pretty shocking at the moment. I had 4 games of S&D in a row yesterday :eek: I also constantly get El Asilo and Expo control modes too, which is a nightmare when you're solo queuing.

Associate
After upgrading my system to Windows 11 (clean install) I'm getting sudden crashing to desktop on MW2 multiplayer with no error message every couple of hours or so. Tried a second clean install with the same result. No external background programs are open, though there are some iCue services running which I need to control my fans. When I go back to Windows 10 it's rock solid, haven't had a crash in months. Any ideas on what the cause could be? My system is a 5800X3D, 4070 Ti, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4. fTPM and memory integrity are disabled.

Last edited:
Soldato
After upgrading my system to Windows 11 (clean install) I'm getting sudden crashing to desktop on MW2 multiplayer with no error message every couple of hours or so. Tried a second clean install with the same result. No external background programs are open, though there are some iCue services running which I need to control my fans. When I go back to Windows 10 it's rock solid, haven't had a crash in months. Any ideas on what the cause could be? My system is a 5800X3D, 4070 Ti, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4. fTPM and memory integrity are disabled.
Have you tried it with iCue disabled/uninstalled?

Soldato
Anything in event manager?

Doubt it's as random as iCue services, but you could disable them?

Soldato
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Not really seen much of stuttering at all, Seems totally smooth in all modes. One time last night though, Started engaging in a team then massive lag and we were team wiped.

Soldato
So todays patch has fixed the 1% lows but the overall performance is down by quite a bit in benchmarks..
Does seem a bit better but still slightly off.
We had a win on Vondel duos yesterday and a close 2nd. Basilisk snakeshot needs a serious nerf. Fully armoured it took someone one shot (from both guns) to down me

Associate
The recent update we had yesterday has fixed any remaining issues i was having at last :D , been doing a few benchmarks using RTSS while in game to see what the actual difference is/ was and yep very noticeable before and after :

Pre update on Vondel , all are at 1440p native/ultra settings :

20-07-2023, 16:22:44 cod.exe benchmark completed, 128547 frames rendered in 916.891 s
Average framerate : 140.1 FPS
Minimum framerate : 118.2 FPS
Maximum framerate : 208.2 FPS
1% low framerate : 79.2 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 40.0 FPS

After update :

22-07-2023, 13:34:25 cod.exe benchmark completed, 150699 frames rendered in 805.109 s
Average framerate : 187.1 FPS
Minimum framerate : 149.1 FPS
Maximum framerate : 236.5 FPS
1% low framerate : 104.6 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 40.9 FPS

MP is also much improved although didn't get a benchmark run pre update but after its running as so now :

22-07-2023, 13:14:13 cod.exe benchmark completed, 107635 frames rendered in 439.766 s
Average framerate : 244.7 FPS
Minimum framerate : 202.4 FPS
Maximum framerate : 296.5 FPS
1% low framerate : 152.1 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 49.6 FPS

Associate
The game benchmarks are total rubbish. Often for me the sane bebch would be > <20 fps!?
Its got more consistent lately i think but i know what you mean it has spat out some inconsistent result in the past but will now line up very close with a RTSS benchmark running on top of the cod benchmark to compare results ...

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-2022-Screenshot-2023-07-22-13-55-57-83.png

I start the RTSS benchmark once you get a game image on screen not while its loading / closing ( high fps at those points ) but seems to line up close enough imo :)

22-07-2023, 13:55:26 cod.exe benchmark completed, 12152 frames rendered in 58.875 s
Average framerate : 206.4 FPS
Minimum framerate : 128.7 FPS
Maximum framerate : 266.2 FPS
1% low framerate : 125.3 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 47.7 FPS

Back
Top Bottom