Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Looks like they've pretty much learned absolutely nothing from it's real community and it's complaint's and concerns with the new upcoming cod.

Still will have SBMM

Still using the exact same game engine (so cheats will be available day one most likely)

Streamers given priority chance to play it in the background on a hush (they listen to streamers too much,no wonder the game is in such a mess)

I have no doubts the single player will be fantastic,but the multiplayer....

Soldato
I decided to hop in for the first time in a few seasons yesterday. Also decided to use an old PS4 controller I had laying around. I managed 8 kills and each team member got 4 kills each for a win.
That was the first time using controller in about 4-5 years when I made the switch back to KBM.

Soldato
I decided to hop in for the first time in a few seasons yesterday. Also decided to use an old PS4 controller I had laying around. I managed 8 kills and each team member got 4 kills each for a win.
That was the first time using controller in about 4-5 years when I made the switch back to KBM.
You probably got SBMM moderated lobbies if you switched control method.

Soldato
You probably got SBMM moderated lobbies if you switched control method.
Quite possible, seemed less sweaty for sure. The final two kills were two remaining guys both came bursting through the door I was running towards. Not sure if it was an aim assist thing or what but once the first guy went down the other appeared and tracked perfectly with him.

Soldato
What's warzone bootcamp? I fired that up presuming it was more of an AI and a couple of teams to fight against for practice. Just ended up being against level 700+ teams wiping the place?

Associate
What's warzone bootcamp? I fired that up presuming it was more of an AI and a couple of teams to fight against for practice. Just ended up being against level 700+ teams wiping the place?
It's meant to encourage new players to play it as a way to learn Warzone - but there are no level restrictions on it. You do have a mix of bot squads and player squads.

You don't earn XP, nothing counts towards challenges etc. so anyone playing it whilst being a high level is just doing it to beat up on new players. Basically, the usual crowd that are a big terrible at the regular BR modes and rebirth and so want to play against people that haven't got a scooby.

--

I've been playing a bit more since last week, mainly sticking to ranked mode as it seemed to be feel more rewarding and have just hit diamond playing entirely soloQ. Not sure how much higher I'll be able to get without duo queueing or running as a triple stack.

Things that annoy me as a soloQ player:
  • Teammates that don't get involved, they just hide in the water/anywhere trying to survive all game. Genuinely throughout the bronze/silver climb, I'd have back to back games with teammates on 0 kills and less than 300 damage.
  • On the flip side, teammates who drop solo and try to 1v3 every team they come across. Works at bronze/silver as most people can't tell their arse from their elbow but as soon as someone can actually shoot back you're just becoming a dead weight.
  • Teammates who don't ping a drop location - or drop last minute and then ping so it's impossible to land with them.
  • I'll ping a drop -they'll ignore it and drop where they want so we're just on an uphill struggle all game.
  • Someone having 100 damage and 0 kills - but constantly pinging the buy station to get them back. Sure, I'll give up my position and my life to bring you back so you can die instantly.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's meant to encourage new players to play it as a way to learn Warzone - but there are no level restrictions on it. You do have a mix of bot squads and player squads.

You don't earn XP, nothing counts towards challenges etc. so anyone playing it whilst being a high level is just doing it to beat up on new players. Basically, the usual crowd that are a big terrible at the regular BR modes and rebirth and so want to play against people that haven't got a scooby.

--

I've been playing a bit more since last week, mainly sticking to ranked mode as it seemed to be feel more rewarding and have just hit diamond playing entirely soloQ. Not sure how much higher I'll be able to get without duo queueing or running as a triple stack.

Things that annoy me as a soloQ player:
  • Teammates that don't get involved, they just hide in the water/anywhere trying to survive all game. Genuinely throughout the bronze/silver climb, I'd have back to back games with teammates on 0 kills and less than 300 damage.
  • On the flip side, teammates who drop solo and try to 1v3 every team they come across. Works at bronze/silver as most people can't tell their arse from their elbow but as soon as someone can actually shoot back you're just becoming a dead weight.
  • Teammates who don't ping a drop location - or drop last minute and then ping so it's impossible to land with them.
  • I'll ping a drop -they'll ignore it and drop where they want so we're just on an uphill struggle all game.
  • Someone having 100 damage and 0 kills - but constantly pinging the buy station to get them back. Sure, I'll give up my position and my life to bring you back so you can die instantly.
Add random foreign shouters who get a kill early then shout the rest of the game. *Mute*

Soldato
To add to this, teammates who are the last player alive, the countdown time for resurgence is on about 10 seconds and they decide to push a full squad on their own and get annihilated.

Associate
Actually, one more to add, and this is purely because I'm playing solo.

Triple stack teams holding hands for an entire game. Never even so much as opening a door unless all 3 of them are doing it together.

I totally get the whole necessity to trade a kill (particularly in ranked to get the SR value) but I played a game last night where I think I spent more time trying to isolate players for solo gun fights than I did actually shooting at anyone.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Actually, one more to add, and this is purely because I'm playing solo.

Triple stack teams holding hands for an entire game. Never even so much as opening a door unless all 3 of them are doing it together.

I totally get the whole necessity to trade a kill (particularly in ranked to get the SR value) but I played a game last night where I think I spent more time trying to isolate players for solo gun fights than I did actually shooting at anyone.
You cant really complain about teams playing as a team in team game, holding hands is very effective.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried to use a controller the other night and got demolished :D

Soldato

I thought I would give it a try as I have no idea of the new maps. Played it a few times and found it pretty chill. Some of the 700+ squad are pretty bad. Managed to take out 2 of a 4 squad earlier with one earlier cup on whilst listening on a toddler sleeping through a monitor.
I just need to try get my movement skills back.

Back
Top Bottom