Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

I have the telemetry up and haven't noticed anything there. Just putting the RAM to XMP changed it instantly and I would get the lag all the time...
Similar story but oddly didnt notice it with the 5800X, just that it wasnt quite smooth as the 5800X3D.
I put it down to running my 5800X at 1900IF 1:1 with 3800Mhz RAM and now the 5800X3D can't do 1900IF its best leaving XMP for 3600, 1800IF

Similar story but oddly didnt notice it with the 5800X, just that it wasnt quite smooth as the 5800X3D.
I put it down to running my 5800X at 1900IF 1:1 with 3800Mhz RAM and now the 5800X3D can't do 1900IF its best leaving XMP for 3600, 1800IF

I tightened up my timings and put a nice little undervolt on my 3080 and between them i'm getting a very stable 135-140 (limited at 140 because of my g-sync screen 1440p) with dlss quality. gpu usage is less than 100% so could probably bump it to dlaa if i wanted too. afterburner says the CPU is using about 70 watts - which i find incredible!! Still rubbish at MW2 though!!!

A mate has been struggling with his 2600X/RX580 build when playing this. It would stutter and lag even with "competitive settings"
He took my 5800X and 32GB Ballistix RAM which I put a quick OC 3600Mhz. CPU running on 65W Eco mode due to him only having a wraith stealth CPU cooler.
I've adjusted his settings to FSR ultra quality along with a few others to shift a bit of load to CPU. He is now getting a 100-120FPS no stuttering which he is delighted with.

I tightened up my timings and put a nice little undervolt on my 3080 and between them i'm getting a very stable 135-140 (limited at 140 because of my g-sync screen 1440p) with dlss quality. gpu usage is less than 100% so could probably bump it to dlaa if i wanted too. afterburner says the CPU is using about 70 watts - which i find incredible!! Still rubbish at MW2 though!!!
Warzone / Warzone 2 will give components more of a hammer.
When I undervolted my 3080 playing MW was fine. Playing Warzone I got to final circle and my whole PC shutdown. Removed the undervolt and no crashes.

Im on a 100Hz Gsync Acer Predator X34 screen so cap fps at 97. 3090Ti usually around 60-65c mid game.
FPS does drop in some areas though still in action. e.g. yesterday in a quads in Sawah village, the end game was coming to a close just north of Sawah. Many team in coming into close quarters battle around the water with a stronghold aswell. Other than 'RTX' remakes its the most ive seen the 3090 Ti drop FPS, into high 60s at points.

I game at 3440 x 1440, no DLSS all settings maxed. I might try with DLSS set to quality, but for 95% of the game im usually locked in at 97fps

Does MW2 / Warzone 2 use DLSS 3 or something different?

I've got an overclocked but undervolted 12700k, heavily tweaked DDR4 and an undervolted 3090 and not had any crashes for weeks.

The game doesn't have DLSS 3, could potentially be added down the line but I'll be surprised if many use it for competitive play with the additional input latency.

Last edited:
I've got an overclocked but undervolted 12700k, heavily tweaked DDR4 and an undervolted 3090 and not had any crashes for weeks.

The game doesn't have DLSS 3, could potentially be added down the line but I'll be surprised if many use it for competitive play with the additional input latency.

i played for 4 hours last night (MW2) and no crashes. Happy Bunny.

Found a nice disco room playing DMZ earlier, everywhere else was absolutely fine.

I had a similar problem - it was a driver issue for me - what version are you on? NVIDIA latest are working ok for me now.
Warzone / Warzone 2 will give components more of a hammer.
When I undervolted my 3080 playing MW was fine. Playing Warzone I got to final circle and my whole PC shutdown. Removed the undervolt and no crashes.

Im on a 100Hz Gsync Acer Predator X34 screen so cap fps at 97. 3090Ti usually around 60-65c mid game.
FPS does drop in some areas though still in action. e.g. yesterday in a quads in Sawah village, the end game was coming to a close just north of Sawah. Many team in coming into close quarters battle around the water with a stronghold aswell. Other than 'RTX' remakes its the most ive seen the 3090 Ti drop FPS, into high 60s at points.

I game at 3440 x 1440, no DLSS all settings maxed. I might try with DLSS set to quality, but for 95% of the game im usually locked in at 97fps

Does MW2 / Warzone 2 use DLSS 3 or something different?
Do you find 3440x1440 a bit too distracting on this game? I have The Alienware OLED 34" and play on it as if its a 27" monitor with black bars on the sides - I find it focusses my attention more and my KD has improved since doing so. It also has the added benefit of higher FPS due to the smaller amount of pixels so I am getting around 140-170 FPS in the big map and a locked 175 in MP.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem - it was a driver issue for me - what version are you on? NVIDIA latest are working ok for me now.

Do you find 3440x1440 a bit too distracting on this game? I have The Alienware OLED 34" and play on it as if its a 27" monitor with black bars on the sides - I find it focusses my attention more and my KD has improved since doing so. It also has the added benefit of higher FPS due to the smaller amount of pixels so I am getting around 140-170 FPS in the big map and a locked 175 in MP.
No but ive been using the 34" 1440 ultrawise for years on games now. I couldnt imagine going back to a smaller screen for anything other than retro gaming where 4:3 should be used ideally on a 4:3 screen.
I don't have FOV super high though, that it distracting. I have mine on (I think) 80. Just had a 10 kill duo's coming in about 5th. My teammate contributed very little :p something like 3800 damage to his 400

Back
Top Bottom