Can anyone review this letter of complaint for me?

Soldato
You may want to be careful here being as you have openly said in another thread you were referred to the physio by your solicitor not anyone with medical training. It could be easily argued that further bouts of pain were exacerbated by someone who a NHS employee did not directly refer you to. If you wish to make a complaint that is your right however you need to stick to facts and facts only.

I would say that codeine is a poor medication really but in my opinion if you are in that much pain that you require a strong opiate to undergo physiotherapy then you really have to question whether you need to listen to your body or the physiotherapist especially when said physiotherapist is someone you have not been advised to go to by anyone with knowledge of medicine or your underlying medical conditions.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
I have just read your other related thread Cost of MRI scan?:
the insurance company will cover the cost
I'm already undergoing private physio treatment arranged by the insurance, an MRI would be a treatment aid if nothing else. If anything else did need doing after the scan insurance would pay for it.
an MRI needs to be done ASAP to document the damage for legal purposes
I've been told the damage will take months to heal fully and the settlement estimate is in the mid 4 figures at the moment, the majority will probably come from psychological issues rather than physical ones though. ... In all honesty though I just have to know why I've been having lower back pains all these years with some neuropathic pain, if insurance will pay for an MRI scan due to my injuries from the car crash, so much the better really.
£7 train ticket will be reimbursed by insurance anyway. :p
To summarise
  • you have suffered for depression for some time
  • you have been experiencing lower back pains for years
  • you are addicted to pain-killers
  • you were a passenger in a vehicle involved in an accident two or three weeks ago
  • you have just seen the opportunity of earning lots of compensation from an insurance policy
Why don't you just go to your GP and say
Look, I have a chance at a nice little earner here, could you exaggerate my symptoms and not mention my past history please? I promise to make it worth your while."

You are an absolute disgrace, it is scamming ****** like you that make car insurance so damned expensive :mad:

I hope most sincerely that someone from the insurance company is a keen overclocker, sees your threads and you end up getting Sweet FA.

Soldato
im confused, so the OP would prefer that GPs prescribed the STRONGEST things available FIRST instead of starting off with the minimal and working up to what is best :rolleyes: and then takes the word of a phsyio over a trained doctor? really?!?!? and they 100% don't feel they have a drug issue :confused: get a grip. if you didn't like what you were told, go and see another friggin doctor, and another, and another, and another and im pretty sure they will give the same advice and medication.

Associate
It is vital that in the absence of a diagnosis analgesia is not withheld
Treat according to pain score not your perception of how bad the pain should be.

That is the cornerstone of good medicine. One does not just treat the symptom (in this case pain) without a damn good diagnosis. Here, have some morphine, your chest pain will ease soon.

Secondly, you ARE guided by the pain "should be". If you have a stubbed toe, and feel that the pain is 9/10 and want an opiate, should you be given it?

I would agree with some above, who feel that you're just trying to show to the GPs that you know more than them, and they are "inferior" to yourself.

Dont send the letter, it only makes you look bad.

Soldato
That is the cornerstone of good medicine. One does not just treat the symptom (in this case pain) without a damn good diagnosis. Here, have some morphine, your chest pain will ease soon.

Secondly, you ARE guided by the pain "should be". If you have a stubbed toe, and feel that the pain is 9/10 and want an opiate, should you be given it?

I would agree with some above, who feel that you're just trying to show to the GPs that you know more than them, and they are "inferior" to yourself.

Dont send the letter, it only makes you look bad.

Actually, Margo McCaffrey said pain is "whatever the experiencing person says it is, existing whenever and wherever the person say it does"" and therefore should be treated accordingly. That's probably the most important quote used in pain management. So your argument is wrong what you detail is the cornerstone of bad pain management.

Associate
Actually, Margo McCaffrey said "pain is what the patient says it is, where the patient says it is and when the patient says it is" and therefore should be treated accordingly. That's probably the most important quote used in pain management.

true to an extent. too many drug seekers must have made me jaundiced.

Still, you should have a diagnosis before going for the strong stuff.

Soldato
true to an extent. too many drug seekers must have made me jaundiced.

Still, you should have a diagnosis before going for the strong stuff.

No, you would go up the analgesic ladder depending on what the person needs not leave them suffering why you faff around ticking some boxes. They are hardly going to get addicted in the time it takes for you to get a good working diagnosis.

Soldato
No, you would go up the analgesic ladder depending on what the person needs not leave them suffering why you faff around ticking some boxes. They are hardly going to get addicted in the time it takes for you to get a good working diagnosis.

but, surely if you go on what the patient claims the pain to be (im sure everyone over exaggerates a bit) then could you not give out a strong painkiller like the OP wants, which masks the pain and causes you to do stuff you wouldn't of done on weaker painkillers making your injury worse?

Soldato
but, surely if you go on what the patient claims the pain to be (im sure everyone over exaggerates a bit) then could you not give out a strong painkiller like the OP wants, which masks the pain and causes you to do stuff you wouldn't of done on weaker painkillers making your injury worse?

If the patient states their pain is that bad it warrants such treatment then you would refer them onto someone who could investigate why it is occurring to such an extent. As to your other point I already alluded to that in my first post where I questioned whether you should be listening to your own body or the physio that a legal not medical bod referred you to. I can certainly see where the OP is coming from but I can also see where the GPs are coming from. And all the while we seem to have these solicitors behind the scenes pushing medical advice and treatment on the OP which is something that is completely out of their area of expertise. I am wondering whether these solicitors are reputable of ambulance chasers. Because it would be a shame if the OP is being taken for a ride here (no pun intended).

Last edited:
Soldato
If the patient states their pain is that bad it warrants such treatment then you would refer them onto someone who could investigate why it is occurring to such an extent. As to your other point I already alluded to that in my first post where I questioned whether you should be listening to your own body or the physio that a legal not medical bod referred you to.

but this isn't what the OP wants, they want to dictate to their GP what they should be prescribed. this is the problem. I always assumed they would give you what they deemed best, and if it wasn't strong enough up the dosage or change it. not go in with the strongest thing available because the patient decided that is all that will do.

Soldato
but this isn't what the OP wants, they want to dictate to their GP what they should be prescribed. this is the problem. I always assumed they would give you what they deemed best, and if it wasn't strong enough up the dosage or change it. not go in with the strongest thing available because the patient decided that is all that will do.

That is not what happened though is it the OP went in got paracetamol. Went back got codeine. Went back got an NSAID. Went back and said he wanted more especially for the physio sessions. We don't know what was said at that conversation do we but what is posted seems fair enough from the GP but from that physio we now have all this stuff about needing the MRI etc. Oh and I ninja'd that previous post sorry!

Soldato
That is not what happened though is it the OP went in got paracetamol. Went back got codeine. Went back got an NSAID. Went back and said he wanted more especially for the physio sessions. We don't know what was said at that conversation do we but what is posted seems fair enough from the GP but from that physio we now have all this stuff about needing the MRI etc. Oh and I ninja'd that previous post sorry!

but we don't know what happened, only what the OP has said. who is to say that they required more pain relief and they are not just faking it to get what they want. how do you know the physio is reputable and isn't trying to push for a worse injury in the hope of getting more or longer sessions.........
it is hard to know what to say without the whole story, and on a public forum you will never get that, only 1 persons side which will always be biased.

Soldato
but we don't know what happened, only what the OP has said. who is to say that they required more pain relief and they are not just faking it to get what they want. how do you know the physio is reputable and isn't trying to push for a worse injury in the hope of getting more or longer sessions.........
it is hard to know what to say without the whole story, and on a public forum you will never get that, only 1 persons side which will always be biased.

Agreed, but that does not mean we can then make assumptions and inaccuracies you suggested that the OP asked for the strongest stuff straight away which I pointed out he did not. The critical piece of information we are missing is what occurred during the 2nd and 7th of August. Because during that time frame it is quite clear something happened and other parties became involved and if the GP didn't refer onto someone why the OP was getting this pain on the 7th then he has a very good point. Why the hell not?

Soldato
Agreed, but that does not mean we can then make assumptions and inaccuracies you suggested that the OP asked for the strongest stuff straight away which I pointed out he did not. The critical piece of information we are missing is what occurred during the 2nd and 7th of August. Because during that time frame it is quite clear something happened and other parties became involved and if the GP didn't refer onto someone why the OP was getting this pain on the 7th then he has a very good point. Why the hell not?

but going on the OPs other threads they have a habit of thinking they know what's best and self medicate. so, you can assume from this that the whole story isn't portrayed in the letter, and that they may of been questions asked on the first meeting for something stronger.
I am sure GPs would not knowingly send someone home in immense pain when a physio can spot it in a few meetings. im sure they would have done some examinations and checked them over.

Soldato
Slightly on topic....

Do you know that around 50% of Americans take prescription drugs every week. 81% take a pill (prescription or otherwise) every day.

Are they any happier/healthier/pain free than 50 years ago - or when compared against some of the nations that are virtually drug free ?

What do you suppose happened years ago when people crashed a car - or shock horror - crashed their spitfire and ripped every tendon/muscle in their bodies. What chemicals did they have then to speed up any repair mechanisms...... Whiskey, beer, honey heat packs ??

I have relations in America and their drug/medication use is absolutely shocking. In fact it's so bad - I would actually say that the drug/medication industry needs a serious overhaul and it really is out of control over there.

Me, myself - I rarely take any form of tablet/powder or creams. In fact, I was just chatting to a friend and commented on the fact I had probably taken 4 or 5 Ibuprofens in the last 10-12 years... and that's it. No Paracetomol, no Anti-biotics, no tummy tablets or Anti-histamines.... nothing. My friend is exactly the same - and it's a bit strange because she is a girl - and has all the usual girly related problems that females get every month..... but just doesn't see the need for pain killers - she just deals with it and gets on. And we have both had our fair share of coughs/colds and accidents over the years.

It's just very worrying how we are so keen to turn to chemicals to give us the quick fixes to all of these problems we think of as modern. All of which have known side effects.

Last edited:
Soldato
With regards to not being able to become addicted to Paracetemol I can tell you a friend of mine was very much so. He had an operation on a foot which took a long time to heal and he would take them every day. The foot became better but he still couldn't stop taking Paracetemol, every time he tried he'd get awful headaches. I told him I thought he had a problem and he managed to slowly wean himself off them but it was a real struggle.

OP it sounds like you have a bit of a problem, especially if you are importing drugs and self medication.

Soldato
With regards to not being able to become addicted to Paracetemol I can tell you a friend of mine was very much so. He had an operation on a foot which took a long time to heal and he would take them every day. The foot became better but he still couldn't stop taking Paracetemol, every time he tried he'd get awful headaches. I told him I thought he had a problem and he managed to slowly wean himself off them but it was a real struggle.

OP it sounds like you have a bit of a problem, especially if you are importing drugs and self medication.

also the addiction doesn't have to be down to the drug itself. people get reliant to the thought of having to take it which in turn is like an addiction. they will not get any with drawl symptoms or anything naturally if they stopped, but in their heads they have physiologically build up a dependency for the drug and therefore cause themselves to have to keep taking them.

Soldato
Thread very much indicates OP has a long term drug addiction. Self prescribing and obtaining drugs from outside of the UK is very dangerous. You need conselling and quickly.

Back
Top Bottom