Cant get new sofas through living room door

Soldato
OP
cant go in via window its not a single large pane got smaller windows in it that open type.
considered cutting the staircase rails but then found out its gonna cost a lot more to put back together.

Soldato
you've rung scs to find out if they have instructions on how to dismantle it ?

otherwise

40995021951_dc60e2f19f_z_d.jpg

Soldato
Still not sure why you want to pay £600 to have someone disassemble it... Vs my suggestion of cutting your bannister off at 45s.

I guess you also need to consider what you're going to do when you leave. £600 in and £600 out?

Soldato
looks like their contract allows cancellation , especially if it is still wrapped
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Please be aware in particular that an upholstered furniture Product (such as sofas etc) will probably lose 40-50% of its value when used, but we will limit the deduction to 25% of the purchase price for an upholstered furniture Product returned to us in a used condition.

maybe the best compromise
A Height

95.0 cm
B Width 224.0 cm
C Depth 97.0 cm
E Seat Height 48.0 cm
F Seat Depth 57.0 cm
G Arm Height 67.0 cm

(have sofas been getting bigger anyway - with population size)

FTM

FTM

Soldato
generally the delivery guys are experts at angles as they deliver so many of these things!...we used to have problems, but thankfully double doors to new extension then double doors to exterior mean these issues are consigned to history

Soldato
interesting coffee break problem .. couldn't find a google answer (clearance 85cm w/o 20cm seating cushion)

I started replying to you saying that clearance value doesnt apply here because length (dimension B) is larger than the height of his door frame but thinking about it, that's a useful measurement. If his door frame is narrower than 91cm, it'll never fit in without dismantling. If it's wider than 91cm, there might be a way to rotate it to fit it through.

Back
Top Bottom