Cant get new sofas through living room door

Looks like he is pretty screwed tbh.
A new house with wide doors is about 92cm, (they are 36inch I think), most older houses are iirc 32inches.

I wonder if that sofa the back comes off. As said often the arms are bolted on, but also the back can be.
Normally the bottom and back and joined and the the arms added, I would hazard a guess on this sofa the base and arms are made and then the back added.

If I was me I would pull the bottom off for a look before doing anything else.

Depending how the feet are joined as well, they may come off.

I would second the comments on the delivery guys being experts. Previous house we had middle floor lounge, delivery guys wizzed a sofa up in minutes. It took us hours to get them back out again as they had to be rotated mid air to get round the wall hand rail, took some serious working out that.

Associate
No chance of this working?

Probably requires 3 people at least, towel over the banister to make sure it doesn't get marked. And rotates such that the cushion area is closest to the banister to give you sufficient angle to 'tip' in down into the room

eHtun7t.jpg

Soldato
it's a 2'6"/762mm door so maths said no, needs > 800mm ... I think SCS are delinquent not labelling these as, needs a 2'9" mobility door.

maybe he'll update us with a video of his chosen solution

Soldato
OP
Its in the room now. All sorted. The upholsterer came and dismantled it and got it in the room.

Lesson learned for the future i wont get single big sofas and will get sectional ones like the corner ones are made of.

Soldato
Its in the room now. All sorted. The upholsterer came and dismantled it and got it in the room.

Lesson learned for the future i wont get single big sofas and will get sectional ones like the corner ones are made of.

Also note, I recently purchased one that looks similar to yours, and Sofology sold it either as 1 piece or 2 pieces that the fitters would join together. This is on a normal sofa not a “modular” one.

Soldato
I cant wait when it needs to come out.

When we changed our we found it easier just to hack it up in our front room, then take it to the tip.

Soldato
... and you were going to redeem the scs furniture brand , by showing us pictures of its inner organs ... or are you selling to the tabloids ?

Soldato
OP
Yea £198

Insides are cheapo just chipboard making the frame. The upholsterer said its normal since its similar to made in uk stuff. The scs one is made in china. I rekon they get it for probably a quarter of the price.

Back
Top Bottom