Poll: Capello quits

Who should be England manager for Euro 2012?

• Alan Pardew

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Arsene Wenger

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • Jose Mourinho

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Martin O'Neill

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Roy Hodgson

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Sam Allardyce

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Steve Bruce

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Steve Kean

Votes: 34 9.9%
  • Stuart Pearce

Votes: 39 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Why on earth do people want Redknapp as manager? A man who claims to be near-illiterate, who has won nothing but a single FA Cup (and a couple of lower league titles) really know more than Capello with 9 league titles to his name (2 revoked) and the Champions League?

However I'm also not sure why anyone would want the job.

Soldato
doesn't really matter who takes the job we won't won anything for a very long time with our current players

Soldato
hiddink for me.

major positive over all the others is that he knows how to work with international teams, fair bit different to the day to day contact you normally get.

also done pretty decent with the teams hes taken to championships.

would hope that the next manager clears house and gives other players a chance, but i doubt it :(.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't understand the 'Arry love. He's doing OK with Spurs, but he's not won anything for a long time and he's spent a vast amount of cash.

I want Hiddink or Pearce for now.

Caporegime
That woman asking 'arry question on SSN in his car is shocking!

Love how all these players have said they want him as manager and then he's said he wants to concentrate on Spurs. Everyone else is going to be second best now apparently. :D

Associate
The England job is a poison chalice and lets face it the pool of English players we have is not going to win anything anytime soon. So for me I would give it to a young English Manager who can develop the squad over the next 6 years aiming for the 2018 world cup. Shearer, Southgate and Pearce fit the bill.

Man of Honour
Could have Mr Blobby as england manager, its still down to the players to perform, which sadly as of late they just haven't been. A narrow win over spain is not an indication of reliable performance.

Id like to see Shearer do it.. cant help but think he'd be good... but dont doubt it wont happen..

We'll get some random foreign chap to take them through the Euros, then because we'll do so badly, he'll get sacked.. and Redknapp will conveniently jump in to start for world cup.

I really dont want Redknapp... I hate that man.

Caporegime
Could have Mr Blobby as england manager, its still down to the players to perform, which sadly as of late they just haven't been. A narrow win over spain is not an indication of reliable performance.

Yep, that's why I'd rather see Pearce given a chance, save some money and hopefully give the team a good clear out... drop Rooney and a few others for a few games so that they don't take playing for England for granted and underperform continually.

If it were me Rooney would not even make the Euro squad due to his suspension, it's the only way an idiot like him will learn to behave, but I think we all know deep down that the FA choose the squad based on name/reputation rather than trying to achieve a balanced team.

Soldato
Pearce for Holland and then they'll decide after, wouldn't comment on individual people according to twitter and the journos at the press conference.

Soldato
The FA are an absolute embarrassment, Capello for Pearce, I'm stunned and gutted. The fawning over Redknapp over the last 24 hours is sickly. I'm so out of tune with the public on this.

Soldato
Capello gone is only a good thing imo.
Timing isnt great but ho hum
Pearce can only be a good thing aswell. Judge him on how he does.

Back
Top Bottom