Captain Marvel (2019)

Man of Honour
Went to see it over the weekend, I thought it was ok, not great but not as bad as some reviews are saying. I did think that it was riddled with plot holes such as

How is it that the Skrull guy knew what a filing cabinet etc was, but said What is a cat? Seems unlikely that he would know a filing cabinet but not a cat. I had assumed that the reason why he had an Australian accent was that maybe he had spent some time on Earth and picked up an accent, yet surely he would have also known what a cat was in that case.

The plane crash was 6 years earlier, yet when the kid picks up the photo of her, her mum and cap marvel, in the photo the kid looks exactly the same, despite her supposedly being 6 years younger in it, she should have been like 4 or 5 years old or something in the photo if it was 6 years earlier.

and so on

however, overall...not too bad. Origin movies tend to be the weakest ones imo and this wasn't great but it was ok , it was watchable, it didn't really have sjw stuff rammed at you. Its not a movie I would watch again, once is enough, but not anywhere near as bad as some reviews say. I'd give it a 6/10, with 1 of those points being given for Stan Lee :)

Soldato
They probably open reviews from users as soon as it's released somewhere in the World, which in a significant amount of countries was March 6th:

I guess they can pretty easily use some code to find any "review" that says "I won't watch this because XYZ" and delete. Maybe they even delete reviews that just give a score and don't leave any criticism.
Ah, that would explain it then, bloody foreigners with their odd release dates :D

TBH I don't think I have ever checked an RT/IMDB score before going to see a movie, if its something I am interested in then I will see it. Same with video games.

Will be watching 'charting with Dan' on Sceenjunkies tonight to see how this movie did at the box office, suspect it did well but mine and Disney's interpretation of well are very different.

Soldato
Ah, that would explain it then, bloody foreigners with their odd release dates :D

TBH I don't think I have ever checked an RT/IMDB score before going to see a movie, if its something I am interested in then I will see it. Same with video games.

Will be watching 'charting with Dan' on Sceenjunkies tonight to see how this movie did at the box office, suspect it did well but mine and Disney's interpretation of well are very different.

BoxOfficeMojo say it's done well.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2018a.htm

Soldato
The plane crash was 6 years earlier, yet when the kid picks up the photo of her, her mum and cap marvel, in the photo the kid looks exactly the same, despite her supposedly being 6 years younger in it, she should have been like 4 or 5 years old or something in the photo if it was 6 years earlier.

and so on

Isn't that the same issue in that Captain Marvel herself doesn't look any older coming into Endgame, despite over 20 years having passed?

Soldato
Watched it yesterday, was an average marvel film. Not sure about Brie though, some scenes she was good and came across well, others she was a bit lacking. SLJ was his usual self and the cat was awesome. Do agree that the time line mix ups were a bit irritating, specially for those who have followed the franchise since the start.

Do not find it at all odd that a majority of the viewers are 25+ males though, considering the age of the franchise those you were in their teens/20s when Iron Man came out are now in there late 20s, 30s or even early 40s.

Soldato
Went to see it yesterday, showing in 3D Imax. Enjoyed it very much, probably a 7/10 for me but glad I went to see it. Really looking forward to Endgame now!

Associate
Watched this last night, mediocre at best. Copy and paste Marvel, that's all they seem to do now. Nothing will touch Iron Man.

Man of Honour
Saw this on Saturday. The only thing I enjoyed was spending time with my son .. Another off the "Conveyor belt" money spinning Marvel film which all seem to follow the same format like the games industry does.. The usual CGI lightshow, burning hands, laser eyes and flying around to save the world.. Get's pretty boring after awhile.

Caporegime
Since she is infused with the power of the space stone why isn’t she teleporting about the place?

Well she didn't get the power directly from the space stone within the tesseract

She absorbed it from an energy dump from a faster than light engine, and near the end of the movie you can see she has the power to travel at that speed outside of the spaceship

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Really enjoyed it, I thought Brie was good, will only get better over the next 10 years and its going to be great to see Marvel in space :)

2 hrs of pure Marvel madness and great to see Couslon back, you can never have enough Coulson :)

A good solid 7.8/10

I wonder how many cats are going to get certain names this year :)

Soldato
Really enjoyed it, I thought Brie was good, will only get better over the next 10 years and its going to be great to see Marvel in space :)

2 hrs of pure Marvel madness and great to see Couslon back, you can never have enough Coulson :)

A good solid 7.8/10

I wonder how many cats are going to get certain names this year :)

What? Chewie ;)

Back
Top Bottom