*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Just to point out, most things are going to foam extremely well at 100ml in total solution of 1.25ltr (kinda the max in an IK foamer to get enough air to build pressure) - that's a very high dilution of 8% PIR.

KKD Brakeaway is very good at 1:15, below is a shot of it pulling out the browning from tyres.

thanks, so would i just use this with the DAS6 pro? I wouldn't need to separately wax and polish it?

Sorry for being dumb
You don’t need to anything but yes you would want to wax it in order to protect the paint.

You would first clean it using a decent shampoo, the decontaminate using an iron fallout remover, clay bar ect.

Then when the paint is perfectly clean you would begin the polishing phase, indeed with you das6 pro and a pad of your choice.

Once polished you would use a sealant or wax or your choice.

Last edited:
You don’t need to anything but yes you would want to wax it in order to protect the paint.

You would first clean it using a decent shampoo, the decontaminate using aniron fallout remover, clay bar ect. Then when the paint is perfectly clean you would begin the polishing phase, indeed with you das6 pro and a pad of your choice.

Once polished you would use a sealant or wax or your choice.
Thank you. Don't suppose you want to recommend a wax? lol

Thank you. Don't suppose you want to recommend a wax? lol
I’ve always recommended Collinite and I always will. I’ve yet to find anything that would make me change. Bang for buck it’s one of the best imo.

It’s comes in either wax form as I have it. Or liquid form. Either will do.

So I had another busy day today, after cleaning and decontaminating the car yesterday it was time to seal and wax the car.

Weapons of choice we’re Autobrite Abyss sealant and Autobrite Carbanuba wax.

IMG-4644.jpg

Extremely economical I mean seriously that little bottle is going to last me years. Makes the paintwork very glossy too.

IMG-4646.jpg

Then on to the wax. Normally I would be using my trusty Collinite but today I decided to try out the wax from the Autobrite sample pack.

IMG-4648.jpg

Again made the paintwork super smooth and glossy. Good stuff.

IMG-4649.jpg

IMG-4653.jpg

Just to point out, most things are going to foam extremely well at 100ml in total solution of 1.25ltr (kinda the max in an IK foamer to get enough air to build pressure) - that's a very high dilution of 8% PIR.

KKD Brakeaway is very good at 1:15, below is a shot of it pulling out the browning from tyres.

Cheers. Though I've decided to go with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel as it reviews excellently and is at a shop where I get free delivery on a 30 quid order. It also seems very concentrated and £14 for 1 Litre, which I think is great value.

It foamed pretty well bit didn't have enough bite as you say for my inner barrels as per below...

Do you reckon the AB citrus cleaner will be tough enough or is there a chemical one I can try.

Also it was my first try with the EZ wheel brush. Have to say it's great and makes barrel cleaning so much easier than trying to use a hand and sponge.

uc

I've also noticed the wheels have half a half refurb. The faces are done properly but the barrels are rough and no lacquer.

I believe this half job was done by a MINI dealer AUC.

I will try some spray wax on after a good clean to see if that helps reduce the level of brake dust that gets stuck on.

Cheers. Though I've decided to go with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel as it reviews excellently and is at a shop where I get free delivery on a 30 quid order. It also seems very concentrated and £14 for 1 Litre, which I think is great value.
Bilt Hamber Auto wheel is some seriously good stuff.

I cleaned this wheel yesterday using some other wheel cleaner, then today I decided to use some Bilt Hamber and this is what happened.

IMG-4642.jpg

IMG-4643.jpg

Last edited:
For pretty neglected wheels I would use an Iron Fall Out Remover based cleaner initially.

Whatever you can pick up fairly inexpensive.

Autobrite Purple Rain
Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel
Turtle Wax Redline (Not as potent, but used today and it did well - 5L for £20)

Then after that any cleaning product in the IK Foamer should be enough to keep them maintained.

That does look extremely potent stuff that is worth having.

I’ve used Citrus as I already had it and it still does a great job.

@JUMPURS

Noticed you have already been advised but have you thought about the Hybrids Solutions offer from Turtlewax?

One Step Compound/Polish
Graphene Wax
Graphene Spray Wax

All for £24 (Code = Sale20) or £30 for x2 of all three products (Add x2 to basket and Code = Triplebogof)

Last edited:
For pretty neglected wheels I would use an Iron Fall Out Remover based cleaner initially.

Whatever you can pick up fairly inexpensive.

Autobrite Purple Rain
Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel
Turtle Wax Redline (Not as potent, but used today and it did well - 5L for £20)

Given I'll have plenty @ 1L bottle...

Can the BH Auto Wheel be diluted 2 to 1 and then be used on bodywork for a decon?

Given I'll have plenty @ 1L bottle...

Can the BH Auto Wheel be diluted 2 to 1 and then be used on bodywork for a decon?

From BH themselves…

While these products are both intended to target the same brake dust and other metallic fallout, they are specifically formulated for their own particular job. Korrosol is designed for paintwork and will spread more easily across the surface, while Auto-Wheel is designed to cling on and work on a dirtier, verticle surface.

The products will be easier to use and it will be more economical for you if these products are used correctly, however, using these products interchangeably won’t cause damage.

I’ve had both and didn’t notice a great difference, if you dilute and apply to the paintwork I can’t imagine it will cause any problems, dilution could essentially change the consistency more in line with Korrosol.

I use auto wheel diluted down, I don’t tend to use fall out remover all that much so I didn’t want to buy another bottle, so I put 1:1 auto wheel in a spare bottle and use that for fall out remover on the panels. Still does a good job, for my requirements at least. Saves some £ as well.

Thank you again

sorry been out all day

Colognite is a very good wax, but i think there's a product that has overtaken it in terms of longevity according to the information i have seen

if you don't want to try that, try some Soft 99 "Fusso", its rated at 12 month protection, and you will get 10 months at least in the UK, over in Canada they can get around 10 months on it

I honestly didn't enjoy working with Fusso Coat, it's very easy to mess up and if it's warm you need to buff it right away otherwise you end up having to polish the car again just to get rid of the hazing. Skill issue I know.

For the cost you may as well get a bottle of Gyeon CanCoat EVO.

So I had another busy day today, after cleaning and decontaminating the car yesterday it was time to seal and wax the car.
you evidently have the luxury of doing that inside a large building/workspace - both abrasive polishing and final polish outdoors are a lot less predictable with the sun/breeze and reduced working time available.
You would first clean it using a decent shampoo
did you already say what shampoo you use ? the autoglym stuff I have, like many , leaves a shiny coat, I want a basic unadalterated/no e numbers, shampoo, if I will be polishing,
I have some older foreign 'Abel Auto' stuff - my good stuff - but am running out.

Back
Top Bottom