*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

you evidently have the luxury of doing that inside a large building/workspace - both abrasive polishing and final polish outdoors are a lot less predictable with the sun/breeze and reduced working time available.

did you already say what shampoo you use ? the autoglym stuff I have, like many , leaves a shiny coat, I want a basic unadalterated/no e numbers, shampoo, if I will be polishing,
I have some older foreign 'Abel Auto' stuff - my good stuff - but am running out.
Yes I am fortunate in that I have use of a workshop.

I use several different shampoo’s. I have Autoglym bodywork conditioner I use on a mostly as it’s decent day to day shampoo.
My favourite is Chrmical guys Cirtus Wash & Gloss fantastic stuff and economical.
I have some Hell Shine Bane Blade which again is some very good stuff
I’ve recently bought some Chemical Guys Ceramic stuff that I’ve yet to use.
I have some Meguires soft wash gel that I was quite surprised by l, it was very slick feeling and worked very well.
Plus many more I’ve tried over the years. Zymol, Auto finesse ect.

Just red your post again and it sounds like you want something like this.

Last edited:
Plus many more I’ve tried over the years. Zymol, Auto finesse ect.

Just red your post again and it sounds like you want something like this.
thanks yes looking further many shampoos have gloss-enhancing/conditioner/wax elements -
does look like polar wash is 'free' too, like the carpro you list, and will work in a bucket.

I also use it for lcd screen cleaning too tv/tablets/laptop, which is one reason I want no waxes , but, even having those elements on car windows after wash, seems unnecessary,
I don't use car glass cleaner every time, which takes similar time to do as washing the bodywork.

thanks yes looking further many shampoos have gloss-enhancing/conditioner/wax elements -
does look like polar wash is 'free' too, like the carpro you list, and will work in a bucket.

I also use it for lcd screen cleaning too tv/tablets/laptop, which is one reason I want no waxes , but, even having those elements on car windows after wash, seems unnecessary,
I don't use car glass cleaner every time, which takes similar time to do as washing the bodywork.
Gloss enhancement’s equals shiny and shiny is better to most people.

Hello all

In anticipation of my car coming back from some warranty work with the traditional main dealer single cloth chuck a bucket over it wash, I need to pick up some more shampoo and snow foam to wash teh car
What's the go to these days? Typically I have used the gold class meguiars - https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...97*MTY4ODk4ODM2MC4xLjEuMTY4ODk4ODQxNS4wLjAuMA..

I noticed they also have Meguiars Nxt Generation available now... - https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...97*MTY4ODk4ODM2MC4xLjEuMTY4ODk4ODQxNS4wLjAuMA..

Snow foam last time I got the bilt hamber stuff... again not sure what is best

Meguiars NXT shampoo is just a shampoo.

I've never noticed any extra gloss from 'wash and wax' type things, rather just a normal shampoo.

I picked up a litre of Garage Therapy Zero Decon shampoo and their fallout remover.

My £20 amazon special boltless shelving being put to good use.

Last edited:
Meguiars NXT shampoo is just a shampoo.

I've never noticed any extra gloss from 'wash and wax' type things, rather just a normal shampoo.

I picked up a litre of Garage Therapy Zero Decon shampoo and their fallout remover.

My £20 amazon special boltless shelving being put to good use.

Have you changed the hose on the titan?

Have you changed the hose on the titan?
Yeah, a longer one from directhoses (wish I got 15m instead of 10m).

Thank you Turtlewax

ateCccA.jpg

Got exactly the same package today too. Will do any correction with the compound (a few areas on my new car need it), use the Max Wax, then use the Flex Wax to top it up after each wash (or thereabouts).

Tempted by this deal, is a DA necessary for the compound?

I've looked at a few reviews and the answer is no, but it would be much better with one.

I think without a DA you're better off working with the filler polishes. Just my personal view. Also depends how hard/soft the paint is.

I picked up a bottle of Aqua Coat by Autofinesse for £6.

Having used Gyeon Wet Coat and Sonax Spray & Seal previously I managed my expectations.

Application was easy and despite applying this product in less than ideal conditions (Warm/Intermittent Direct Sunlight) it simply aided drying without causing any streaks.

Water behaviour appears to be in line with its rivals, no complaints so far.

Last edited:
Looks great @Gilbert89

No brainer at that price. Keep us updated on the longevity.

Over the past week I've spent some time giving the Clubman a once over. Door shuts, all seals... Under the bonnet etc. Then finally a wash yesterday and protection on the windows.

In the near future I plan to do a glaze and wax to bring up the lustre.

[

.... The Mrs and I had a chat and we've decided the 3 door JCW has to go. Sadface.

Last edited:
Over the past week I've spent some time giving the Clubman a once over. Door shuts, all seals... Under the bonnet etc.
what have you used for external plastics like wheel arch surrounds ... and for seat conditioning

[ Recently realised the leathermaster protection cream I'd used for years was wrong and promoting creases/rigidity now changed to a sonax vinyl product(acknowledging they have a pu coat), and it's night and day,
too late to undo some of the damage I'd done - same product I'd used for external plastics and dash for years]

Anything better than Polar Seal at the minute? I've just ran out and like Polar Seal through the snow foam lance for its easiness to apply protection and it's relative cheap cost. Always open to better ideas though before I go and order some more.

Anything better than Polar Seal at the minute? I've just ran out and like Polar Seal through the snow foam lance for its easiness to apply protection and its relative cheap cost. Always open to better ideas though before I go and order some more.

It’s £15 for a litre on Amazon with the Prime sale currently. Be hard pressed to beat that for value. Although Koch Chemie protector wax 1l whilst more expensive you can get away with much less I believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom