*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Underboss
OP
Car has got quite a bit of green grime building up in nooks and crannies... Should have done at least a small mid-winter wash!

What's the best way to sort it out? Before a proper wash, during, or give it a general wash then spot check any problem areas? I've got BH Auto Wash, Surfex HD, and some very cheap spray n shine type stuff I've never tried. No pressure washer so it's buckets only sadly.

I had green stuff where the windows are where it meets the door at the bottom, for that just use surfex hd onto a brush to get in there

On paintwork though? I'm not sure
Do you do a pre wash at all?

I do rinseless wash, if I need to do heavy cleaning I use surfex hd as a pre wash

Underboss
OP
Last edited:
Underboss
OP
one clean engine bay

acGbXQP.jpg

V7M5AGC.jpg

Underboss
OP
Can anyone recommend a good brush for washing the car after foaming? Been using a microfibre hand mit and my back is breaking at times, not as young as I used to be lol..
Thanks

Underboss
OP
Underboss
OP
@MrRockliffe what would you recommend for the "protect" stage of your process i.e. after polishing?

Also, does anyone knows of any good YouTube videos for this type of one stage clean and polish? Brand new to this type of thing
DIY DETAIL
I swear by then now

This video is well worth watching
Taught me a lot of things

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Yep the Countryman does especially - not sure what was used on it by the dealer, but it's got a lot of horrible "banding" for want of a better word.

Thanks - I'll certainly check out the Gtechniq, as I looked into AG's but was put off as I think theirs is an aerosol which I heard was bad for plastic.

I use maguires

Lot cheaper

G4 is supposed to be good though

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Hey all, I'm after some advice. I think the answer is that I need to give the car a good clay bar treatment (not done this myself before)

Recently bought an s2000. After a wash, I noticed the surface of the paint isn't very smooth. Just feels a bit.. dusty? Hard to explain. Just a slight roughness to it.

I did notice this seems to just apply to the top surface of the car, the sides feel smooth enough. So Im assuming it's just contamination/debris settling on the top over time.

Any tips on what I should do and what product to use?

If it is a clay bar, are they a one and done thing or can they be reused?

Thanks!

after a wash

use over and over and over , saves you buying clay that gets thrown away

or , what i use is a clay blok from chemical guys with their clay lube
you've probably got stuff you can use as clay lube, do not use water its not slick

you can also do iron remover at the same time

Back
Top Bottom