*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Soldato
I use this, but you don't need anywhere near as much as they show in the pictures! :cry:

Thanks. I was going to buy the Meguiar's yellow applicator pads but what you linked will keep things less messy so I just picked one up from Halfords plus a new sponge.

20240513-151009.jpg

Soldato
Now i have got my drive back after finally selling my old car i can access the garage and want to give my new car a good wash, clay and polish. Does anyone have any recommendations on some budget friendly snowfoam, tfr and wheel cleaner? I will be claying with a clay mitt then giving a good polish and seal by hand. I think i have some meguires or poorboys polish and sealer in the garage.

Soldato
Usual foam wash, then dry... I paint corrected and ceramic coated this 3 years ago now, so probably due for a proper top up... however for now, as a final little polish I used Autoglym Rapid Ceramic Spray Ultra Hydrophobic... not bad... easy to apply to be be fair to it, it really did bring some extra sparkle I'll be honest quite surprised! Recommended if you want a cheap way of just adding a quick ultra shine on your paint without the pain of a wax...

TvZ3hU4.jpg

fQctdOD.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of long shot but does anyone know roughly the price to correct the paint (swirl marks) on a wee Merc` A220? Didn`t realise how bad it was when I bought it.

I`ve got myself a foam cannon and waiting on BH touch less coming this week. I won`t be getting too heavy into it, but I would like the swirls taken care of before investing further.

Soldato
Recommendations please for a carpet cleaning machine to do the carpets/mats/seats?

Also what cleaning solutions?

Worth getting the drill brush attachments to work the soap/solution in?

Thanks

Soldato
m75elZN.jpg

Car was filthy with the rain etc. 6 wks between washes. The Auto Finesse Aqua spray wax still beading like a champ under that dirt.

All fresh now. Washed in the rain. The AF wax is worth every penny.

pvAq07E.jpg

FYI - It’s £9.57 for 1 Litre of Aqua Coat at EuroCarParts currently.

You seem to wash it in the rain often, do you really hate the drying process that much :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
that's quite average to be honest, beads are not "tight" but it's ok, realistically.. beading doesn't mean it's "Good" and protection can still be there without beads.

Ceramic coating doesn’t usually offer much water repellency on its own. So seems pretty good beading from a ceramic alone.

I use Gliss on top of my ceramics to get the beading.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good brush for washing the car after foaming? Been using a microfibre hand mit and my back is breaking at times, not as young as I used to be lol..
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom