*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Underboss
OP
Can anyone recommend a good brush for washing the car after foaming? Been using a microfibre hand mit and my back is breaking at times, not as young as I used to be lol..
Thanks

Associate

Does this not damage the paintwork? You would have to dunk it like a mitt every so often?

Soldato
Does this not damage the paintwork? You would have to dunk it like a mitt every so often?

you always have to dip whatever you use, sponge or mitt or this brush

but experienced detailers would most likely foam spray and gently pressure wash a car first so it was reasonably clean before starting hand washing

Underboss
OP
Soldato
Recommendations please for a carpet cleaning machine to do the carpets/mats/seats?

Also what cleaning solutions?

Worth getting the drill brush attachments to work the soap/solution in?

Thanks

I use a Vax I’ve stollen from my dad.

It gets proper grim.

free photo hosting

With some diluted Surfex HD.

The Vax does also dilute but not enough. I usually go 1:9, which is then diluted down further by the Vax.

I have the drill attachments. Only worth it if there’s some stubborn dirt on the carpets :)

Soldato
The scrub pads are good. They’re larger versions of the ones I use.

I’ve always wanted one, looking forward to giving it a try.

Should do the trick removing any shine from Plastics and restore them back to a nice Mate finish.

I’ll pair it with Autofinesse Verso.

Although now I just need some un-disturbed and un-rushed time on the drive which is rare these days :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Going to buy a DA machibe to polish and wax our cars after losing the will to live doing my Mrs car by hand, paint is in good condition but I presume I should still clay it before using the DA? Any recommendations on Clay and liquid to use?

Soldato
FYI - It’s £9.57 for 1 Litre of Aqua Coat at EuroCarParts currently.

You seem to wash it in the rain often, do you really hate the drying process that much :p
New born baby means I don't have the time or the energy. Wife gives me evils if I spend too much time.onnyhe car too. :D

Plus the dust and weather means it's not even worth the effort most times.

Soldato
Going to buy a DA machibe to polish and wax our cars after losing the will to live doing my Mrs car by hand, paint is in good condition but I presume I should still clay it before using the DA? Any recommendations on Clay and liquid to use?

I would:

Iron fallout remover
Tar remover
Then clay

For claying: bilt hamber regular + water with fairy liquid

I don’t like clay lubes as they’re often quite greasy/oily, and so you typically need to wash the car again before taking a polisher to it.

Soapy water rinses off :) It’s also practically free.

But make sure it’s slick enough (about a tea spoon in a 750ml bottle)

For polishing:

Das6 V2 + Scholl S20 Black + Spyder Pad (Navy). Best one-step combo I’ve ever used.

Last edited:
Soldato
New born baby means I don't have the time or the energy. Wife gives me evils if I spend too much time.onnyhe car too. :D

Plus the dust and weather means it's not even worth the effort most times.

Mines 4 this month, and I know the exact look you are referring too.

Time on the drive only decreases I’m afraid!

Soldato
I would:

Iron fallout remover
Tar remover
Then clay

For claying: bilt hamber regular + water with fairy liquid

I don’t like clay lubes as they’re often quite greasy/oily, and so you typically need to wash the car again before taking a polisher to it.

Soapy water rinses off :) It’s also practically free.

But make sure it’s slick enough (about a tea spoon in a 750ml bottle)

For polishing:

Das6 V2 + Scholl S20 Black + Spyder Pad (Navy). Best one-step combo I’ve ever used.
Isn't fairy liquid a no no for cars, due to the salt content?

Soldato
Isn't fairy liquid a no no for cars, due to the salt content?

Would be news to me. Obviously you don’t want to be using a bucket load every time you wash but a small amount to act as a lubricant for claying should be fine - I’ve been doing so for 5 years and haven’t seen any adverse effects.

Got the idea from ChrisFix

Back
Top Bottom